Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought that was a really good first episode. This show might be worth watching for the animation quality alone if it stays consistent. The sequence where the robot appears was incredible. Also it really makes me laugh at how both this show and Star Driver use the word libido.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

.Clash posted:

This too. Also video games = piloting skills. I wonder if its too much to hope this wont all be about ~Understanding~?

Considering the preview for next week mentioned that he was getting his butt kicked until the hacker girl helped him we might actually get a pilot who has to train a little.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Yeah that was just a slightly more serious Star Driver. I can't believe they brought back libido.

I'm hoping they find some goofy way to set them in the sane universe. The enemy mechs even seem like they are piloted like cybodies.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pretty good episode. There is some deep conspiracy type stuff going on in the background but Diachi handled things like any good shounen hero should.

Also I can't wait for the inevitable Captain Earth Evangelion crossover in Super Robot Wars.

Also sure computer named after a famous trickster fairy you seem on the up and up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things but it looks like the Kil-t-gang's robot hanger is in some other dimension. The way the cubes are launched and appear through a portal makes it seem like they aren't already on the moon.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Episode 4 is out and Daichi is shounen as gently caress which never fails to entertain me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The character at the end of this week's preview looks like he stole his clothes from the Star Driver wardrobe department.

Also the computer turned out to be evil who would have guessed.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

I'm pretty consistently amused by how generally useless the Earth Engine is.

I like the fact that even after becoming so much larger after combining it is still smaller than all the bad guys.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Lurking Haro posted:

New Opening and it's already spoiling that Setsuna will join Planetary Gear and the protagonists will get EVA-02 along with a spaceship (Blume?)

Yeah I assume the spaceship was Blume. Everybody seemed to know what Blume was so I kept thinking I was forgetting something.

Daichi was about to be one of the best anime high schoolers ever for actually kissing a girl but then he quickly fell from the rankings when he just let her run away with out saying anything.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Seeing them in the new opening reminds me that we still have no idea what that schoolkid who Diachi met in the first episode even was.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Yeah fully expecting the planetary gear agenda to simply be a means to an end for Puck, and once it's revealed that they've been getting played they'll defect. Can't wait to see what kind of crazy robot Puck will ultimately use in the final confrontation! :getin:

I hope it is just a giant fabulous fairy robot to fit his name.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This episode saw the return of the crazy cup on a laser string so this is the best episode in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

It's because they have this really weird thing about repeating themselves over and over and over and loving over. The Salty Dog stuff we're doing right now is a larger-scale retread of something they covered at the very beginning. Daichi angsting over having to pull the trigger if it means killing his friend is something they already covered several episodes ago. Them fighting a gigantic evil impactor is something they just did a little while ago.

The show is so desperate to repeat things it already has done that it doesn't have any time to actually do anything new.

If it repeated all this stuff but the characters handled it differently due to their development and growing out of their youth it could work but the outcome and the message is the same every time.

• Locked thread