Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So with the preview this week, did anyone else get the feeling that Daichi is going to die next week? It would certainly parallel what happened with his father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Or what about even a basic question the ending introduces, like wherever the hell Amarok went to at the end.

I think Astro Nut is spot on. Honestly I think this show had a lot of the same issues that previous Bones mecha anime RahXephon had when it comes to world-building, but the characters were decent enough I guess. The fight scene in this last episode was fun, too.

I think I can only justify a 6/10 for this series. I don't regret spending the Summer watching it, but it really needed a bit more focus throughout the entire series (Just look at how confused people got when the show reintroduced the Blume a couple episodes back for example).

Sindai posted:

Wait, who was the blue-haired girl who showed up at the very end? I remember seeing her before but not when. Has she just been chilling in the background the whole time? I guess that means she has something to do with the livlasters, since they keep saying they're also living aliens but never went anywhere with that.

I thought she was just the human form of the Kiltgang empress girl.

quote:

Also I still haven't the slightest idea what "neoteny" is supposed to mean.

I thought it was just a reference to people who could use a Livlaster. That's another issue itself, come to think of it. So the Livlasters were aliens or something, if I'm understanding right?

EDIT: I have no confidence in my answers so just go with what Alectai said.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 20, 2014

• Locked thread