Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The first episode was pretty good, but I couldn't help but laugh when Daichi said, "When is it that I began to hate the wind that blows in this town?". Such a godamn anime line.

Yeah I noticed that, too. There's gotta be a better way of translating "itsu kara". "How long have I", maybe, even if it's less literal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Blhue posted:

I think his point was, regardless of grammar, the phrase was a dumb thing no teenager would actually say unless he was trying way too hard to sound deep and poetic.

Well there's that, too. Very reminiscent of the river bank literature girl from Daily Lives of High School Boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYp-h5NeGs0

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm getting a weird a weird vibe of Star Driver x Robotics;Notes from this show, although that might just be the usage of the Tanegashima space center. And the bizarro hacker girl. And the kind-of-aimless-slacker-but-not-really protagonist.

Totally, I was gonna say something and forgot. It's making me want to go back and finish Robotics.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Zorak posted:

It was an interesting episode. I'm still not sure If the Kill-T Gang are an outside force or not; it looks like the engineered humans that Ominous Mega-corporation are using are Kill-T Gang. Maybe the kids that GLOBE or whatever are using are as well, and it's just a matter of their opposing goals? The Ark faction wants to instigate an early assault by the Kill-T Gang using their own artificial Kill-T Gang kids so that they can save their "selected" humanity, while the space agency guys are using their own Kill-T Gang kids + Daichi to prevent the invasion, not knowing that it's being instigated from the Earth itself.

HMMM.

Wait, is there some promotional material somewhere that says it's "Kill-T Gang"? 'Cause a "Kiltgang" is a romantic nocturnal secret rendezvous between a young boy and a young girl.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

GorfZaplen posted:

The giant command screen at GLOBE shows it as Kill-T-Gang.

Usually I'm not a fan of the weird liberties & Americanizations that Crunchyroll takes with scripts, but in this case I think I'm glad they just call them "Kiltgang".

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Redcrimson posted:

Can't it be both? There's like a 99% chance it's supposed to be a pun.

Sure, it's just a pet peeve when shows like this take some western phrase and then totally mangle it to the point where you wouldn't even know what they're trying to reference anymore. I feel like this happened (possibly multiple times) in Eureka 7 or Code Geass, where it wasn't until halfway through the show that subbers realized what some of the terms they were using were supposed to reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Srice posted:

That's a great example of the sunk cost fallacy in action.

I dropped the show at around episode 5 or so but I've been keeping my ears open. If I hear positive things after it ends then I'll pick it back up. I recommend doing the same!

I did the same and just came into the thread to check things out, so thanks to you guys for the update!

Maybe I'll go watch Star Driver eventually.

• Locked thread