Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Something that might have been said, but is worth repeating and should maybe go in the OP:

:siren: YOU DON'T HIT WALLS TO ACTIVATE SECRET DOORS/ILLUSORY WALLS ANYMORE! :siren:

You hit the "use" button (i.e. the "bottom" button on the controller, 'X' on PS3, 'A' on the 360 controller. I have no idea what it will end up being mapped to if you're a weirdo who will use a KB+M.)

This is something that tripped up a LOT of us in the console thread. I was ~1/3 through the game before I figured out you didn't hit walls to activate secret doors.

You might also find messages right in front of a wall that say "ILLUSORY WALL AHEAD" and get upset that the "use" button is only ever letting you read the message and won't activate the secret door...have no fear, that message is a fake. If there is a door there, it will ALWAYS take precedence over reading a message, to avoid this exact situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

RBA Starblade posted:

Are there trap tools like in Morrowind or something to disarm it or is it more "open the chest and run the hell away"?

The latter. All traps can be avoided. I guess I'll spoiler this since you might want to see them firsthand/figure them out on your own:

First kind is crossbow bolts fired at you. They shoot out in an arc in front of it, maybe five of them at 30 degree angles between them? Easily blocked by a shield, and even if they hit you, it's a tiny amount of damage.

There's also poison chests. As soon as you open them ,you'll see a green cloud, Just roll backwards. Your poison meter will fill up a tad, but as long as you roll ASAP, you won't get poisoned.

And I think there's also flame traps? Like the poison ones, just roll out of the way.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

Gough's carvings? Yes, absolutely. A merchant sells them.

I wish there were more. It's still just the same four,
"Hello!"
"Thank You!"
"Very Good!"
I'm Sorry!"