Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I just spent two hours running around the gutter looking for the Wicked Eye shield which I probably wont use anyway.

There’s no boss here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

How does the Rat covenant work? Do I have to wear the rat ring and hang out in the Grave of Saint or Doors of Pharros to get invaders?

I get summoned for co-op pretty regularly, but are there too few people playing DS2 now for rat summons? Playing on PS4.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

^^

Thanks, then I'll just keep doing White soapstone coop. I played DS3, then DS1 offline, and DS2 is the first Souls I'm playing online.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

On my way to the Shrine of Winter soon. Are the bosses in this game way easier than in DS3 or DS1?

So far the only one giving me any grief are the Pursuer and Ruin Sentinels (until I read a guide and brought a hammer). I summoned Lucatiel for Smelter Demon and Scorpion Tank for Najka, but done all other bosses solo.

In DS3 I was stuck on several bosses for days or more, looking at you Watchers :argh:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Does DS2 end once you link the fire like DS1, or leave you in the world to visit the DLC like DS3?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Thanks, alright I’ll be heading over to The Profaned Captial Sunken City then!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Are Heide weapons considered good? I've been using an upgraded Heide sword for fighting lightning sensitive bosses, and it's been pretty great.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Like das Alpmädchen

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Well Sinh is sure giving me a run for the money! Reminds me of Midir, but with breaking weapons.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I play on PS4, and I use a +10 Heide sword. When Sinh is at ~50%, I get the warning that the sword is at risk.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Sinh is dust! drat, that was one of the best boss fight in the entire series!

Tough enemy, but fair. Not as unforgiving as Midir. Gives you breaks for healing/rebuff if you know when it’s safe in a reasonable way.

I used a +10 Claymore and wore rags to get the long roll. Had to use one repair powder at the end of the fight. Phew!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Is the Iron passage worth it? I’m getting mobbed and slammed and if I try to go Brave Sir Robin to the boss I get a fatroll curse and murdered.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Finally beat Blue Smelter Demon. Got help from a human phantom wielding dual Dragons teeth :getin:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Had a great coop moment recently. I wanted to clear out the room with the Stone soldier and Ruin sentinels and it’s chore. Decided to get some help from the NPC shade and saw an actual human sunbro sign.

The human had a rude name, a ridiculous outfit and a gigantic hammer. Cleared everything like mad, ran around pointing out all the items and the hidden bonfire, and finally helped me beat the Dragonrider duo.

After the boss was down they chugged all estus in a single gulp, Praised the sun and went away. :fyadride:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Any good advice on fighting Fume Knight? Mostly on equipment and buffs. I can get it to second phase pretty reliably, but get stomped on all day.

I’m doing a mostly STR build with som DEX for using good weapons. I suck at twitch dodging and have used a shield for my least terrible attempts.

I can get >30 load with rags, but if I go for >70 I can wear semi-decent armor.

My leveled weapons are a claymore, a broadsword, a Heide Sword and a magic halberd. Been mostly using the Heide sword since it’s fast.

Should I go for fire resist? Longroll? Slower but heavier? Rings? Fashion?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

Oh hey it's people talking about the Fume Knight again!

Thanks for the advice, everyone! :tipshat:

Will keep trying!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Guillermus posted:

The absolute madman did it:

pro-click

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Just beat Aava the Big Kitten. Now I get the complaints about enemies on turntables. :mad:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

^ good fashion souls

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Also, those icy hedgehogs in Eleum Loyce can bite my rotten undead rear end :mad:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Do enemies have sick amounts of poise compared to DS1 and DS3, or am I doing my build wrong?

Got 40 STR, and need a 2H attack with +8 Zweihander to knock enemies on their rear end.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I'm fighting the Rampart Spearmen in Eleum Loyce, and my weapon of choice, a +10 Claymore just wasn't enough to stun them. Pancaking with the Zweihander is very satisfying, but it feels like it's a lot slower than in DS1.

Thanks for the tip about the Stone ring, why didn't I think of that?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Don’t forget to put levels into adaptabilty.

e: goddammit :argh:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Grinding Loyce Souls. Any advice? I’m doing coop, Ivory King is already down.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I gave up on farming Loyce Souls :negative:

Drop rate is abysmal and it got boring fast.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Sinh is the best dragon fight in the series.

:agreed:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

skasion posted:

If you beat Alonne without getting hit he sends you a message saying “fuking hacker get good”

I just soloed Sir Alonne. So overleveled that I could use the zweihander with a 100% phys shield and still get longrolls.

Got beaten so many times that the knights in the area before the gate started going extinct. Then I got a lot easier when I found out about the bird ring.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Any advice on the Gank Squad? Summon/solo?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

And Tyler Too! posted:

Summon the NPC Phantoms and you can backstab them to death because they'll be fixated on your allies.

This worked extremely well. Thanks! :tipshat:

Now on to Ponyville and the Kittens!

e: Forgot about Darklurker. Hope I have enough effigies.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Welp, I have just beaten all bosses in all Dark Souls games.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Haven’t played Bloodborne, think I’ll get that when I get a yearning. Also haven’t played any DS as a mage/pyro yet.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

My glasscannon: prisoner rags + slightly leveling VIT and longroll with a Zweihander :getin:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I think it was a really good desicion to remove armor upgrades in DS3 :colbert:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

They also removed weapon degradation in DS3, but left it in there somehow. I never used a repair powder or had any weapon break in DS3, or maybe I just died a lot.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I cheezed every single ogre with poison arrows :negative:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

The one in the Gutter is hard, but cheesing with poison arrows is a useful strat in the other ones.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

skasion posted:

Get a weapon that can pancake NPCs and abuse the poo poo out of it

Yess :getin:

I used a zweihander and a gyrm greatshield.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Bows are actually good and useful in DS2. In DS3 it feels like they are only useful for kiting around enemies and plinking the High Wall wywern.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

The Ancient Dragon gets to live...for now. :mrgw:

Ancient Dragon is stupidly easy if you cheese it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

...Does exploiting his simplistic AI in a way that still only works roughly 85% of the time count as "cheesing" him? Or is there some actual Dark Soulsy cheese where you can quarterback dung pies over the fog wall or something?

Just the old "Poke toe, repeat until it lifts it fooot, run to other foot, poke toe, repeat until dead " strat. I have only fought Anicient Dragong once, and it really felt like cheesing, but the Player vs. Camera fights are the ones I least enjoy in any Dark Souls. Looking at you, Nameless King :argh: