Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Can you sit at your favorite boss and sunbro forever or do you have to eventually move on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Pre load complete so hype right now. So is hexing they way to go right now for invading?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
If it is anything like every other game release just vpn to the first region it unlocks for and start the game up one time. Then exit out the vpn and start up normally to play.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Max posted:

I may have a skewed perspective because I always play a caster in these games which makes it feel like I'm cheating sometimes, but the Flexile sentry was a complete joke of a fight.

It is a joke for melee also at least on ng.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

If their is a grace period, it's hard to tell. You can have up to two people invading you at once, so maybe someone was already being summoned in as you killed the first guy.

Red phantoms can also invade for more jolly cooperation.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

DrNutt posted:

^ I know I'm probably some kind of weirdo, but I really want a direct sequel to Demon's Souls on the PS4. ^

Welp, finally made it to the Gutter/Black Gulch. Go gently caress yourself with a burning candlestick, FROM. I know everyone in the thread is now going to dogpile me and say "but it's easy lol" but gently caress you too. Actually the gutter was easy as piss as soon as I lit a torch and figured out what was up, but seriously, gently caress Black Gulch. gently caress it.

Don't feel too bad buddy I spent 3 hours getting through the gutter. I had completely forgotten about the torch lighting gimmick.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

masato tatanka posted:

I'm about to attempt a NG+ no death run to get the reward, any tips? :D :D :D :D

Get good scrub casual

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Alright Dark Souls pros: I'm finally at the end game, having trekked to the top of the Dragon Aerie and gotten my item from the Ancient Dragon. What do I do now? I know about the memories, but I've jumped into two of them and get destroyed by the giants. If I'm a little more careful I can probably manage them, but if I just want to "beat" the game and not bother with the optional end game bosses, where do I go?

Bop the ancient dragon on the nose

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

The amount of HP doesn't matter though, it's % based. That fall is intentionally just enough to kill you from full HP, only ways to get down are:

1. cat ring, behind a 13k soul paywall. (and you need to be human or it will still be enough to kill you)
2. ladder dude that only moves there once you clear earthern peak
3. fall control spell that isn't available until iron keep.

You can also get the butterfly wings by asceticing the Majula bonfire.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Use a torch.

More a more permanent solution use a Pharros Lockstone.

Those creatures are pretty easy to backstab also.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

So how exactly does one deal with a max avelyn? loving took 70-80% of my health while I had my 100 shield up and then the 2nd volley took the rest

git gud and roll

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Lt.Winky posted:

Page 666 of the dark souls 2 thread!

What's your favorite boss soul weapon?

Dual +5 spotted whips is fun to annoy people with.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Schmetterling posted:

Me and a random white summon killed an invader. I got 530k souls from him. :( there goes my attempt at doing stuff all on my own (i.e. without a friend summoned and on mumble)

Just use CE to subtract 530k from your soul memory

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

Soul memory is only a good idea if you look at it from a pubby new player perspective; for everyone else, it means that losing your souls is a permanent stain on your character, you can't buy or upgrade anything other than what you are going to use, and any soul not spent making your character stronger means you forever gimped against people who DID perfectly optimize their characters.

Why you nerds don't take 30 seconds to change your soul memory in cheat engine if this is how you feel is beyond me. DS2 was not meant be an e-bushido simulator with robust anti-memory editing preventions.

Edit: You are unlikely to see any change in the next iteration of dark souls unless there is a distinct and separate online only component so don't get your hopes up either.

neonbregna fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 1, 2014

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Does using ascetics in Majula reset her supply? I thought the general thing to do was grind Shrine of Amana, Aldia's Keep and the Dragon Aerie for them (and those precious precious dragon bones).

If you have too much e-honor to just CE yourself a stack of 99 asceticing the memory with the giant king is probably the fastest and most repeatable.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Raygereio posted:

Apparently the item will be automatically added to your inventory.

Be sure to back up your saves before adding the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

pmchem posted:

That's the exact situation I'm in. If your brother ever figured out how to not get invaded nonstop I'd love to hear it. Ruins the game. Some really crappy FROM SOFTWARE code somewhere.

Don't sin idiot.

Edit : or just block ds2 from the internet. Alternatively just unplug your router babby

neonbregna fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 22, 2014