Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

The DS2 Belfry Gargoyles are probably a top 10 hardest Souls boss for me. I don't know why, something about them just breaks my brain.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Absolutely same. I still haven't beaten them, but to be honest I haven't been back to try either.

You want to kill them one at a time and avoid doing any damage to the ones you're not killing, because the additional spawns happen based on the shared health bar (90%, 70%, and 50% to be exact).

Also they're weak to strike damage and magic damage, so a mace with magic ooze will shred them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

giZm posted:

The video is out and it's top notch, ymfah really kicked it into high gear this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FigIAAYHoW8
Do not skip this one.

ymfah has become too powerful

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Majula has Sweet Shalquoir and Emerald Harold. The others have ??? A weird toothy snake who eats poop? A guy with no legs? Who are these losers???

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Scrap Dragon posted:

drat, and I just did a DS2 replay a few months ago. I was planning on making my next playthorugh NG+ to finally experience all those changes too but... what the hell.

Does anyone have a recommended zone order? Last time I did Return to Drangleic I went to Brightstone Cove before Huntsman's Copse and it completely hosed my soul memory and pushed me out of co-op range for the rest of the game

On the teleport menu, certain zones will have an orange outline which indicates that there's a large amount of online play in your SM range there. That's a good guideline for where you should be.

But in terms of what branches to go for first, I'd say the order is intended to be Lost Sinner -> Old Iron King -> The Rotten -> Duke's Dear Freyja. That's the order I usually go at least.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Electromax posted:

Here's the full version: https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1757391102829609323?t=bDrIZfoOcqiuwH6IK1EAhQ

Not sure if I'll add the DLC areas or not. Would like to but they are each sort of in their own little universe.

Also this kicks rear end. Love your work.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm gonna do a twinblade build because I never really bothered with them until Elden Ring.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's time to return.

Don't give up, skeleton.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK so far I've gotten more people summoning me and immediately dismissing me than actual successful coops. Barely any summon signs on the ground when I try to summon either. Maybe I'll wait for the weekend :sigh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

gently caress him

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 2, 2024

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Yeah and he used ai voices from a working actor who you can pay to actually do lines for you, and then didn’t even credit the actor in it, so officially gently caress ymfah.

Yeah that's not great huh.

Guillermus posted:

He didn't pay Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond either

That's not great either but it's an order of magnitude worse to do it to a relatively obscure voice actor vs. a bunch of TV stars. VAs already get enough poo poo.

Anyway yeah, gently caress him. I removed the link. People can find it on their own if they really want.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

axolotl farmer posted:

Rush Heide’s, first a suicide run for the binding ring. Next cheese the dragonrider, send fake miracle lady to Majula.

A nice bunch of souls to dump into ADP.

Then start murdering.

The souls you get from the dragon rider are exactly enough to buy a branch of yore from Malentia, which is also exactly enough for her to give you the silver serpent ring +1.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I haven't played vanilla DS2 since Scholar came out so I don't even remember what any of the changes were. It's just that good. More like Scholar of the First Win.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'd love for ds1 to get the scholar treatment. Make lost izalith more than just a pit of dino butts.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Any recommendations on what to do with these bonfire ascetics? Items like this give me decision paralysis: they feel like megalixers.

There's a way to grind as many as you want in the late game, as long as you don't mind turning the area into NG++++++++.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ZullieTheWitch/status/1784638469525913907