Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

When I came into the thread I was hoping for Dark Souls II news, not spoilery information about trap rooms and the like without spoiler tags :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My gamepad's right analog stick isn't being recognized for camera control, instead it treats it like strong/weak attack. So I can't control the camera with my gamepad. Is there a way to fix this that anyone knows of?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

No seriously, I can't be the only one here who has had gamepad issues, right?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

What pad what OS what parts etc etc etc.

No one can diagnose "my pad no work"

I have some generic ETEKCITY gamepad that works perfectly for everything except Dark Souls II. For some reason Dark Souls II thinks that the right joystick is "swing weapon wildly" instead of "move camera around".

I'm running Windows 7, but I doubt that that matters since the gamepad itself works fine for everything else that I've played on this platform, including the original Dark Souls

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Holy gently caress, so I've been screwing around with MotionJoy all day trying to get my original gamepad as well as my PS3 controller to work.

I downloaded something called "Better DS3" and it just loving worked immediately. No creepy Chinese browser-based bullshit constantly polling home like MotionJoy, just a simple interface that immediately worked with no fuss.

gently caress MotionJoy Forever

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Kanos posted:

BetterDS3 functions by using the MotionInJoy drivers so without MotionInJoy BetterDS3 wouldn't work at all. :shobon:

Don't care -- it doesn't use the MotionJoy interface, doesn't phone home, and is apparently better at applying the MotionJoy drivers than MotionJoy is. These are all good things

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I rolled a Warrior build and have been having a lot of fun running high str/vit, I'm maybe a quarter through the game. I haven't tried rerolling any of my stats, though. Is it possible to take even more points out of Faith/Int and put them somewhere else? Should I do that?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

I think the vanilla claymore is exactly what you're looking for, but depending on how you progress through the game it might not be available until much later on.

Back on the PvP discussion, sticking a poison infusion on this manslayer katana I just found, winning strategy?

Ugh, if the Claymore is as good as it was in the first game then I'm going to have to build a character just to use that weapon. It was my favorite

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I played Dark Souls mostly as Magic and Miracles users that were so-so at melee, and it was a lot of fun. For Dark Souls II I decided to do a pure-physical build: strength build with big axes/clubs, Havel's shield + Elite Knight set with enough equip load for 70% fast roll, tons of health and stamina, give no fucks about any of the casting stats. It was a blast

But now I'm ready to get back into that sweet sweet casting embrace for my next character. I've managed to completely avoid all casting-relevant information on my previous playthrough, so what are some of the bare essentials and pitfalls that I should know before getting started? Where are some of the relevant NPCs that I'll need to find, and is there a particular catalyst that I should search for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I dunno, I really enjoyed the Iron passage solo. It's a cool area with some cool rooms and some neat gimmicks. Smelter Demon is also one of my favorite bosses just because he's so loving cool looking

The coop ice area is loving garbage though