Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

If anybody wants to get caught up on the whole PC graphics thing/removing images from the Steam page and doesn't want to trudge through NeoGAF (but do want to trudge through Reddit?), /r/Games had a blow-up a few days ago about it. One of the more interesting theories is that it's not just a lighting change from the demo. All in all it seems like that specific article was overblown, though.

Oh, you might've wanted to reserve another post if this was supposed to be the final thread (I mean, look at the console one, sheesh) and to edit in the release date of the 25th in North America, Europe and Australia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Carecat posted:

Isn't it a little premature to make a thread when we don't have anything but speculation on the quality of the PC version until at least next week?
Probably. I wouldn't mind a light-hearted "what if" thread to kill some time, but I don't know if that's what we're going to get.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It'd really be a shame though if our version was limited because of 8 year old hardware not being able to handle it, especially after all that nonsense about being the "lead development platform".

We know nothing about our version beyond what we knew on the day of the announcement, and that's a joke considering how they've gone on and on about the PC being the "lead development platform" and how they've had us in mind since day one.
Did they give any other confirmation after that Spanish interview?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Oh right, the link I found said Spanish, and Google Translate apparently didn't care what I selected when I checked. I took French, too. :eng99:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Mindblast posted:

That's good to hear. When they talk about those features does this confirm the original lighting is back in for pc?
I wasn't going to bother posting about it, but since you asked, here's the thread. Basically the (totally unknown) poster's just hearing about it second-hand through a friend or something who has a review copy and hasn't personally seen it (not even sure about vsync). I wouldn't keep your hopes up about the lighting system, though the poster seems thrilled about how well the PC version is reported to run regardless (and there's a little more detail in subsequent posts about resolution, etc.).

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Is the OP still around?

Anyways, modder Durante posted his second (of three) article on Dark Souls 2 PC, this one a tweaking guide. It covers anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, and includes sections about using Nvidia Inspector and SweetFX. Next one "will investigate the possibilities for and likelihood of more in-depth and game-specific modding of Dark Souls 2 in the future".