Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I heard you get some bonus starting weapons if you pre order the game on steam today, anyone know what they are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Man Im looking forward to this. Chopped through the whole game with a greatsword and heavy armour on xbox, ready to do the whole thing again with either hexes or dex weapons and a better frame rate.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Hell its just a great way to spend a day!

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I thought they stopped spawning eventually if they kept killing you, not the other way round? Thats what it felt like in the shaky early stages of my first play through. Either way I didnt find it to be a problem, you dont need to grind in this game.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Its incredibly fun to swing a big clubaround like an oaf! But I did that on xbox so I think itll probably be dex weapons for me this time, I will use that winged spear that you pick up somewhere.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Ah poo poo I think I accidentally ate the rotten soul from the rotten one in the gulch. Do I have to get a million soul memory to open the door to the king now?

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Thats a relief! Thanks fellas. I had a great lightning spear burning a hole in my inventory and couldnt wait to level up and use it.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Doctor Whose posted:

gently caress this giant rat. Blew all morning trying to kill that bastard and he just two shots me. I feel terrible just stopping there and trying elsewhere.

Yeah I honestly thought he was the hardest boss in the game. I beat him on console after probably over an hour of tearing my hair out and this time round I'm tempted to just duck that ugly bastard.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I found the timing of the big rat's lunging attack very awkward, and wasn't sure which way to roll to best avoid it. Agreed that lingering flame or a big arcing sword swipe was essential to take out his minions before the fight started.

It was satisfying as hell to finally dodge all his attacks right, stand under him and carve his belly up with my greatsword though.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Maxmaps posted:

Kinda amazing how prevalent messages that say 'tongue but hole' next to female NPCs have become.

I put a message saying 'beware of sadness' next to a bunch of these at the far fire. If the patriarchy is smashed soon, I'll know I played my part.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Use a spare weapon to break the statues as you go. Or light the torch and use that to smash them because it doesnt have any durability to worry about.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
In all fairness you probably shouldnt be making risky jumps for glowing stuff with 55k souls in the bank unless youre wearing the life protection ring. Thats just asking for trouble.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Good post, pretty similar to my experience on the first run with the only difference being I was pure strength with minimal dex. No spoiler, no wiki is the only way to play this game.

Instead of NG+ I started again on the PC version as a hexer and the game is much easier now apart from a few enemies that dont get hurt by spells.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
what is the reward?

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Arthur Crackpot posted:

summon two white phantoms before summoning a Red Sign phantom

Yeah thats pretty loving lame

Arthur Crackpot posted:

attack Red Sign Phantoms while they're bowing

Don't see the problem with this though. Protect yourself at all times.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Attestant posted:

gently caress people that summon phantoms to fight in PvP ganksquads. You are seriously wasting my Sunbro time, which I would rather spend punching the nearest boss in the groin. I just crystal out if summoned for that.

It hasnt happened to me yet but I would stand around and cheer the red phantom on if I saw someone do this.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Is there some kind of special reward for a no death run? Not that I'm good enough to attempt it myself.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Ronnz posted:

So, I think I completely hosed myself.

After beating the Royal Rat Vanguard (jesus..) i joined the Ratbros and instead of exploring past the Rat King I wanted to kill some invaders.

Wanting to be an rear end in a top hat I thought "hey, let's burn a Bonfire Ascetic so they have to fight NG+ rats!" :v:

Well, after burning it I remembered that I will now have to kill the Royal Rat Vanguard on NG+! :downs:

Please tell me that past the Rat King isn't the Gutter

beyond the Royal Rat Vanguard lies NOTHING. just that rat, that's all. He is a completely optional boss. So don't sweat trying to get past him again, there's no route to take there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

Dark souls was a 40 hour game. Dark Souls 2 is also 40ish hours. I don't know what you spent 100 hours doing.

Took me about 60 hours with lots of sunbroing and a little pvp but if you suck and die tons it can easily take 100+ hours to clear, I know a couple of people that threw over 100 hours at the game and didnt even finish it.