Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Jesus christ, the Sinner HAS been nerfed. Lucatiel soloed her. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
+10 Claymore Dark, with only base STR/DEX for it, owns bones. Hitting for about 500 average in PVP and took off a third of the RRA boss' health bar in one smack. :stare:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Guys, Ms Fist or Punching Judy for a brawler lady?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If I'm just using the utility and buff spells is it worth infusing and upgrading my chime/staff, or are their functions completely fixed in math terms?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Cardiovorax posted:

They're completely fixed, no point in investing more than the absolute minimum requirements.

Cool, thanks! Guess Ill just find something with absurd casting speed over high scaling/damage ratings then.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They bow, I cast firestorm. They ready themselves, I charge out of the flames and bury my claymore in their skull. :black101:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've got nothing against people waiting for Bellbros to summon in and taking advantage of that, but the emote spam and smug little roll dance is kind of over-celebrating your victory, dude.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Which one of you dickheads spammed 'impossible!' around the Iron Keep elevator? :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Someone please tell me Velsadt's weapon clangs when used by a player.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have 1.5k health and someone just one-shot me with something that looked like Force. :wtc:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lori posted:

Wrath of God is really easy to dodge though, just roll. The more I play this game the more and more obvious every single attack telegraph gets, and the players are starting to be as predictable as the AI :smith:

He just flung his hand up and it hit me across the belltower. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I swear to god if one last person wearing a loving Jester's hat survives by a few HP... :argh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
NG+ for the first time. :dance:

things betwixt no what are you doing

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, getting a steady stream of Sentinel invasions now, but few of them seem unprepared for the maniac charging at them with a claymore and little else.

Think I'm going a bit power mad with my victories though. I keep being a needless dick and chugging Estus over their corpse as it fades out, regardless of whether or not they hit me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tracula posted:

Funny how things change.

Running headfirst at the enemy is far from standing behind them as they load in. :colbert:

yes power does corrupt

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, PVP isn't as fun in NG+ now I'm starting to realise how many loving one-shot tank mages there are.

Seriously, five invasions, all against dudes that one shot me and have defenses that result in me only doing 200 damage. If they don't just fast roll out of range with full Drangelic, argh.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 1, 2014

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, not sure I like NG+. Not so much the PVE side of it but every single person I fight is Defender Greatsword Havel, Lion's Hexer or Straid Mage. It's so boring. :saddowns:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So, getting a bit annoyed with the constant cookie cutter PVP stuff, I'm trying another shield-less character - a pyromancer using the Imported set you start with, and a club (or equally primitive looking weapon) but I'm curious about fire scaling. Is the damage on pyromancies acceptable without buffing INT, or what? I really have no idea how to read these numbers. :downs:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the pyromancy answer guys. I actually found the chart you mentioned five seconds after posting. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Domattee posted:

Holy poo poo Darklurker. How the hell are you supposed to deal with this. One of them always hangs the gently caress back lobbing lasers or that bullshit darksuperdeathball at me while the other clings to me doing nothing but the AoE. I've almost run out of effigies on my vendors trying to kill this fucker.

It's weak to Pyromancy. If you can predict when he's about to split apart something like Firestorm will gently caress him over, royally.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'll stop and do the pre-battle stuff if I summon in a red phantom. He's been nice enough not to invade outright so I might as well respect that. People who emote me will get a claymore to the face or an emote back depending on what they're doing.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DreadNite posted:

Don't the cookies negate the workout you did that morning?...

Cookies justify the workout. :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Vil posted:

Getting around it:
Great Chaos Fireball: either rank 3 Brotherhood of Blood, or get to NG++ and buy it from Wellager.
Bountiful Sunlight: either rank 3 Blue Sentinels, or get to NG++ and buy it from Wellager.
Wrath of the Gods: either rank 2 Blue Sentinels, or get to NG++ and buy it from Wellager.

You can use ascetics on the bosses in this area to get those, right?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Welp, time to push through then!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Very pleased with how my Pyromancer turned out. :3:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ekster posted:

I might be wrong but it sounds like they hired actual actors, not only Peter Serafinowicz, though not necessarily well known ones. The quality is a step up from most games.

Definitely. Feels very...natural, for lack of a better word. I love Felkin for that reason, same guy who did Laurentius in the first DaS AFAIK, as the way he stutters and hesitates comes across exactly as a socially awkward person would talk. :v:

Also, I am right in thinking there's absolutely zero reason to dual wield pyromancy flames other than to look helluva bitchin'.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

turtlecrunch posted:

Is the thing that swoops at you in Sinner's Rise Pursueagle or a dragon? I honestly can't ever tell because I'm too busy fighting crossbow assholes. It sounds kind of like a dragon but that eagle sounds pretty weird too, and I thought I saw Our Good Chum hanging from its talons last time but I wasn't sure.

It's the gargoyles from the belltower. They don't swoop down if you've killed them. It's just a neat clue there's more content than the design might let on.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I never found Amana difficult just annoying. The unlimited range and the tracking and the amount and the damage and the slowing water everywhere just got on my tits, unlike any other area in the game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why shouldn't you use a torch in Amana?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow, I had no idea fire annoyed those guys. I just assumed they had a big aggro range. :psyduck:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So in Drangelic castle, is there special dialogue for shooting at Nashranda when she's perched on the throne, or she's out of range?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tracula posted:

Nothing happens at all.

CJacobs posted:

She's not even out of range, your arrows/spells just poof out of existence when they pass close to her. Not even a special effect or anything.

Awww, I was hoping for Anor Londo type shenanigans.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Give yourself a decent name befitting the Souls' canon or get the gently caress out of my game. :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Yodzilla posted:

Those can be player characters??? :psyduck:

Imagine if a player character with the Knight's shield could summon another, smaller, player. :haw:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What was world tendency anyway? DeS is the only one in the series I've been unable to play to any meaningful degree.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Somone's gotta sell me on Greatshield bashing. It looks really cool but by the time I've wound up my victim has either shanked or avoided me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jay Rust posted:

Those carriages in Aldia's keep... :stare:

Lots of "man, woman ahead" messages.

Hurray for quagmire!

:quagmire:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've never really had any issue with VIT being around 15 or so. Unless you're trying to 40% roll in Havel's or something, only use as much as you're comfortable with. Other stuff's more important.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Does the Blue Flame have the moveset of a broadsword or longsword?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Dammit I know I should be wielding my Fire Longsword in the off-hand to compliment my main hand's weapon enchantment spell, but then I'm not using two broadswords at once and my sense of symmetry is completely ruined in the process. :qq: