Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The hacking in the pc version is that when people do hack you pretty much die instantly, but you almost never really encounter hackers tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

And this time you won't have to hack it to hide the HUD!

The base game had a disable hud option. :eng101:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Sunionbro :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I've started playing the game last week and the enemies seem more aggressive/packed compared to the first game, took me a while to get used to but now I'm having a ton of fun again.

Except last night, I was small soapstoning in lost Bastille, doing general help and ruin sentinals. After like 2 hours I realized I did not beat the sentinals for my own character yet. :v:
So I summoned help, and an npc. Help dies in 2seconds and the sentinals smash my npc in 20 more. So that didn't go well. Then I entered a cycle:
Soapstone > kill sentinals as phantom > turn human > summon own help > they suck hard > I die > repeat

It took me 1.5hours to find a dude capable of the basic task of keeping one sentinal busy whilst I killed the next. :> I know I should be able to kill them on my own but I killed the boss like 15 times last night and took me forever to get decent help myself.

Also weapon durability really should be patched to be like 1.5x as much or something though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Sunbroíng at the Medusa boss is a ton of fun. Powerstance with 2 clubs and her guard breaks all the drat time so people can just hammer her into the ground. :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

I ran a 'refresh' in goddamn windows 8 under the pretense that all my files would be preserved, but my ~70 hour character got wiped anyway.

Any hope resurrecting ol' Sven? :ohdear:
That has to suck, for the future:

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/ and link it to your dropbox.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Oh man I just gotta say, if anyone else here follows Kay's LP of Dark Souls 2, it's kind of frustrating to see her get so close to figuring that thing out after making several unsuccessful attempts to brute-force the boss by way of poison moss, outhealing, weapon buffs etc. The last time she was in Earthen Peak, she was throwing firebombs at the windmill, which indicates she's got the right idea, sort of, but it just hasn't occurred to her to try torch and then happiness ahead.

Do you think there's something weird about a lake of lava on top of a spire in the middle of a valley plain? :colbert:
With how (drat good) then new message system is I can't blame her for avoiding them, but that was downright heartbreaking with how close she got.
That said I got sunbro'd to the boss with poison once and me and the other sunbro killed her fast enough to not need the drain. :shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Everything except Soul of a Giant(s). You'll want to keep those, trust me.
Those are important? :ohdear: good thing I didn't eat them yet, I found some giants in Black Gulch and murdered cheesed them and they gave me one of those.
I'm now in Doors of Pharros getting my fourth plot token so I guess that's for later.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

VisAbsoluta posted:

Ohhhh gently caress yes DLC for the next three months! :getin:

Any translations for this?

Just google translate:

quote:

Update file ver1.05 (PS3/Xbox 360), ver1.03 (Windows)
Notice of delivery

Thank you very much I received for your continued support of From Software than daily .

DARK SOULS Ⅱ Niokimashite (PlayStation3/Xbox 360/Windows),
I am planning the delivery of a new update file to update the program .

It should be noted that the adjustment in the current delivery schedule , as soon as they are determined , you will be notified at this page at a later date .

We apologize for the inconvenience to everyone , thank you enough for your understanding .
[ Date and time ]

Delivery schedule during the adjustment
[ Platforms ]

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows
[ Items to be improved by the latest update files ]

Modification of the phenomenon that she can move at high speed
Modification of the phenomenon that she can move floating in the air

This latest update file after application , each version of the title referred to the upper right of the screen will be as follows .
PlayStation3/Xbox 360
Ver [1.04 ⇒ 1.05]

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Smough + Artorias in a room with water. Ill take my check From.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Is changing your character name with cheatengine safe? I'd do it in offline mode with steam offline to be safe.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

So I beat a GIANT spider but I have no idea how. :v:
I hit it in the face with my club a lot and rolled away whenever it started doing something that wasn't standing there being clubbed in the face.

Now I have the 4 souls and went to a giant castle, is it normal to look like a giant black building with wireframe edges?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

aegof posted:

This is how you beat every enemy in the game, though.
On most of them I can tell its attacking in different ways, this spider just stomped her feet and snapped it's jaws and that's it. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Drangleic Castle should look something like this. I don't know what you mean by wireframe edges exactly.

Okay that's how it looks for me, when I first saw It I thought it wasn't textured and was only black stuff and wireframes.
I haven't actually gone up the bridge yet so I assume it will be fine; might as well verify cache to be safe, thanks.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

Here's a bigger picture from closer up.

It's textured just fine, it's supposed to be black.
Yeah I see that now, just from a larger distance it looked like the actual textures didn't load. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Why was doors of Pharos so short, that was a fun zone. :keke:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

What would be the best place to farm the Syan armor chest?, I'm at Shrine of Amana now progress wise but I need that chestplate for fashion souls! If there is a place later on don't hold back on spoilers. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Vanderdeath posted:

I really like this game but I gotta say, the set farming is sticking in my craw. I just want to Fashion Souls already but the Shadow Helmet and the Heide set keep eluding me. :(
It's just some time before the cheatengine enthusiasts figure out easy item morphing I hope, I wanna look pretty in my next playthrough. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

A mob dropped Syan Armor while not even farming for it. :toot:
Roleplay barbie set: 95% complete.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

How do I best tackle that bell ambush in Undead Crypt with the tons of hooded casters? It's after the 2 shield dudes.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Flytrap posted:

Run away, open shortcut, come back the easy way, play normally.
Yup, that worked. :v:
Got the hat for my ~barbie roleplaying~ from the boss-gear vendor, so I'm done with my outfit. :toot:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Snake Queen lady is also a good spot.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

I still found plenty of signs and was invaded up to around ~10 million (which is where I stopped my first character). There aren't as many summon signs but that's to be expected. Most people just won't keep one character going that long. Hell, most people don't even get all the great souls before quitting.
I think the ruin sentinals might make a lot of people quit on their own. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

It would be logical that would be <SM at start> + ( 1M x <playthrough #> )

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

So that was a drat easy final boss :confuoot: , and not in the Gwynn way where you could Parry it into paste.
I recorded it for laughs, but that was almost not worth it, the game itself is drat great though even though the second half of the plot only made sense by the time I found the King itself.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

killstealing posted:

lets co-op later today zedd
Sure, what you thinking off?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

So I guess it wasn't just me, after getting the Dragon Shrine you are basically told to get lost and stumble upon the Giant's.
Then Nashandra just shows up with limited hints she was that evil.

I did like her design though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zyla posted:

SO i lost my preparing to do ng+ save last night in a crash.

Is there anyone that could help me with a similarly timed save?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jt8dzy
SL 145~ish, just beat the game. Looks amazing. :shepface:

Also: http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

What is a fun, weapon to use as Faith user?
The theme I'm going for is a very spiritual paladin/beefy cleric; say halfway between those two. So I want a weapon that looks good but isn't a big sword or giant axe/hammer. The starter mace for the cleric is excellent but I did maces in my previous run; I'm going with lightning infusion most likely.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zyla posted:

Yeah, the game says the save is corrupted and won't load. Grr.

Oh well, time to start over.
Bah, Sorry to hear. :(

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

This looks perfect, thanks

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

What would be better/more fun to get to NG++ with? A standard STR based sword and board/2hand/powerstance melee dude. Or a cleric with solid melee on the side?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I think I’m finally ready to step into NG+ now with my beefy cleric; I completed an outfit I like.
Dark Hoody, Sentinal Targey’s chestpiece, Throne Defender legs and gloves, Throne Watcher’s shield.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm not at home ATM so I can't google it. Is it literally just called "cheat engine
"?
This should help you get started, It's how I gave myself some red orbs:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5530603#5530603

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Looking for a fancy looking, decent 1h axe for dressup purposes sucks. :negative:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I did everything I could pre-NG+

I'm afraid. :ohdear:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

So, what's the deal with the Penal Mask? It gives a bonus to your max equip burden, but its weight is higher than the bonus... What's the point?
I'm pretty sure it's a percentage multiplier on your total load, so once you raise that you should gain some.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

I'm pretty close to the endgame now, is there any way to use anything other than the Drangleic Set?
I'm a big fan of Alva's Armor: Light, easy to get, decent stats and most importantly: looks cool.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I started NG+ after completing my ;-* fashionsouls ;-* and I think it helped, 2great soul bosses down in like 2 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Is that Hexer's Hood?
It is and it looks much better then Vendrick's Crown/Cleric Hood/Chaos Hood. :colbert: