Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Takes No Damage posted:

DS3 will be a procedurally generated roguelike. Sometimes the first boss is the Asylum Demon, sometimes it's Bed of Chaos. The real RNG starts here :darksouls:

gently caress I would buy good money for that. Please make this DLC, FROM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I wish there were more. It's still just the same four,
"Hello!"
"Thank You!"
"Very Good!"
I'm Sorry!"

Supposedly there's a "Help Me" In DaS1 but I'm not sure where it was or if it's in 2 as well

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Pr0phecy posted:

The 10 early access steam weapons, are they weapons that are only available now and are findable ingame, or are they items already ingame that you will get really early in the game?

In other words, are they exclusive content?

You can buy them all from a dude ingame

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The PC version has revealed to me the game's got really creepy whispering, everywhere, that I never noticed on the television (and no, I'm not talking about the Ring of Whispers)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Dezztroy posted:

The mouse input delay is a real killer. Couple times now I've died because it takes almost a second to put my shield up.

This port isn't as bad as DS1, but it's not far from it.

But they said it wasn't...a port this time :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Logan 5 posted:

"The nature of your being has changed!"

What? What does that me- oh, wait...

Hahahahhahahahhahahahhah :darksouls:

They actually added a message to indicate the coffin does something? That's lame.

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about anyway

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Logan 5 posted:

Yes I'm talking about the coffin. Did it not say anything before? Its still pretty unclear what has happened at first if your character is wearing a lot of armor.

Nope. Originally, you were just like "Huh? That was pointless. Whatever" and then 5+ hours in the game you're like WHY AM I SUDDENLY A DUDE/CHICK!? :aaa:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

How viable are miracles as your only school of magic now? They were kind of crap in Dark Souls because the miracles weren't great; I'd like to know if they made miracles (especially offensive ones that don't rely on getting a high covenant rank) good enough to use like sorcery.

Miracles so far have been overpowered as poo poo for me unless I happen to be fighting a Minotaur in the Shaded Ruins. gently caress those assholes. What do you even do about them as a Cleric.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Reason posted:

Is there anything in the room after the boss in no mans wharf besides the thing that you examine to get to the next zone I clicked that first and I hope I didn't miss anything.

There's a chest with a pyromancy glove in it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I am very curious if the Large Club can stunlock the Smelter Demon Might make new STR build character to test this...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is there a weapon like the Black Witch's Staff that lets you cast All Magic Ever but before, like, the endgame?

neetengie posted:

No. He's not invading. That's how it should work at least.

Does anyone want a Black Witches Staff or a Staff of Anime? Both rare drops, and I got 2, count em, TWO, Black Witches Staff. So if anyone wants to trade for them just say so.

Me I want the Black Witch's Staff :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Considering how hard it is to get Twinkling Titanite early on, is there another staff I should use for early to mid game Hexing? Or should I just switch to Miracles/Sorcery until then

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think i've found my favorite thing to do ever in a video game and that's using Dark Fog on people in the bell tower :getin:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Can you get the sword those giant bow dudes in the Iron Keep sometimes use? The one they unsheathe, attack you with, then sheathe again?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

By the way, another question: Is there any viable equipment or progression for somebody who wants to do All Magic, Ever?

I know the Black Witch's Staff can cast all non-pyromancy magic, and then you get a pyromancy glove to go with it and you're good to go, but that staff is pretty close to endgame. Was wondering if there was any earlier equipment that could also suffice, or should I just use miracles or something till I can get the staff?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I really dont think it's a wonderful boss design choice to have such a small area of maneuvering and walking for the final boss of the Iron Keep. At least he's kinda predictable in his actions.

Is the zweihander handy to keep around for long? or is there another mega-sword I should look forward to/invest in?

As a magic user, I just felt bad for him.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Attestant posted:

I like how this fight was patched from "Impossible to keep Lucatiel alive" to "Lucatiel trivializes the fight."

I like how Lucatiel is a dick and has, on two seperate occasions, not entered the boss arena leaving me to deal with a higher stat Smelter alone. gently caress her.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

There isnt a boss there actually. Its a hosts misconception that they can bring summons to the pursuer in iron keep for example.

I get it a lot when trying to sunbro the Ruin Sentinals, though. No other boss takes up residence there, right?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Rudager posted:

OK I don't know where to go next.

I cleared the forest, Heides, No Mans Wharf, Last Bastille, Last Sinner's. Done Last Giant, Persurer, 3 Sentinels, Old DragonSlayer and Last Sinner (and probably the ones I've forgotten), I've been wandering around all the areas for about 2 hours now and can't find anywhere to go next. I bought the cat ring because I'm SL75 and had heaps of souls from said wandering around and went down into the rat cave for a bit but got sick of Ratbro's summoning me.

Talk to the miracles lady either in Majula or Heide's Tower of Flame to get her to move to Majula and then pay her to move the contraption in that room a bit before the Tower of Flame.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So what're the good DEX weapons? It feels weird, but I'm just tearing poo poo up with the Mace right now as usual. But this is a DEX run and a DEX run it shall be, drat it. Katanas don't seem super good, and the Heike flame sword is pretty boring.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

delta534 posted:

Where would be the best place to sunbro with a SM around 770,000 and a SL of 100.

You can probably still get smelter demon hits at that range.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So I have 70,000 souls and what do I even level now, as a strength build? I'm at 20vit/end/adp/vig/dex and 40 str. Should I just...keep pumping str?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I miss the "I'm in trouble - please recommend this message!" and "The true Dark Souls begins here" messages immensely :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Anybody have a spare Bat Staff? What would ya want for it?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

There needs to be a reveal spell that invaders can use. I thought invading undead crypt would be fun with the bells and poo poo, turns out all hosts do when they get invaded is hide god-knows-where and wait for you to leave/disconnect. :psyduck: Summon phantoms and conquer my dungeon drat it!

Isn't there a spell that will have an orb seek out the person you're invading?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

That said, DS2 is longer and has more stats than DS1 so is totally expected that you'll go over SL120. I think 150 is a better PvP stopping point, but somebody will probably tell me I'm wrong.

I sure hope 150 SL is the PVP stopping point because I'm already above 120

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Still fishing around for a Bat Staff if any of y'all have one. I have katanas and Lucatiel's entire set+sword I can give away for it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"Captain Oblivious" posted: posted:

Out or curiosity what is the absolute lowest STR requirement 100 percent physical shield

Wrong. McDuff sells a shield with 100% physical block that only requires 12 STR.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Vequeth posted:

God, just reached shaded woods in NG+, and unless im Human those Lion Warriors are just one shotting me. My parrying sucks and they are resistant to lightning so its just a hellish time.

Question, is it worth going above 50 faith?

This guys are heavily resistant to every form of magic in the game, I believe. Just beat the poo poo out of it with a mace

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lori posted:

I never extensively used magic in the first one because it was boring, so I never got to see how ridiculous it was in the first.

I've done every build to completion in Dark Souls 2 now and I'd say STR is even easier than magic. Stunlock the boss and kill him before he even attacks, ho~

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The only time I fell into a pit in the Shrine of Amana across 3 different playthroughs was me accidentally backing up off the cliff, so, entirely my fault :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ninjaiguana posted:

So after that wasted 10 minutes or so (on the up, at least the hosts died fast!) I decided to try my luck over at Smelter, and Co-op there has been much more helpful - I'm getting about 2/3rds success in hosts not getting themselves murdered by the boss before I can gently caress him up with lightning spears and emit force. But I'm at just over 700k SM, and I'm worried I'm going to levelout of the bracket for Smelter,with him not being one of the Big Four.

So, any tips on where I should hang out my sign for best results?

Dude I could still Sunbro Smelter at 1.3 m, you're fine

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ninjaiguana posted:

:stare:

I....what? Just....what?!

Guess I'll need waaaaaay less co-op than I thought!

I hope you don't want Wrath of the Gods or Bountiful Sunlight

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Does gavlan the npc that lets me sell poo poo go somewhere after harvest valley? I checked back at the wharf and he wasn't there.

Doors of Pharros.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh boy, hackers now. I just want five more rat tails so I can (not) get some twinkling titanite from these drat crows.

Can't you just use the Small White Sign Soapstone? (Since its reward is Smooth and Silky Stones)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There isn't a foggy misty spell that causes equipment breakage, is there? Missed opportunity, FROM!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah I am completely unsurprised there's no summon signs for Freya, because I have never won with a summoned player. Also summoned players don't seem to know how to dodge her attacks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've dropped my sign outside Freja's (it is a J, not a Y you guys) and had a pretty consistent stream of hits. I think the big thing about that boss is that a lot of people ascetic it for the Moonlight Greatsword/Crystal Soul Spear so people just looking for easy coop souls learn to avoid it.

Wait why would you ascetic that fight for the MLGS instead of the congregation? I'm pretty sure the bonfire that is linked to Freya is passed them as well.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

So I wasn't a fan or anything but how is my good buddy Avelyn doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Actually, gently caress the crossbow. I'm starting a new run to see if they buffed Daggers are not. So fun to use, but so useless on bosses.