Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh, I find Dark Souls exponentially easier now than when I first played it, but everything feels much clunkier and gently caress how getting Cursed works in that loving game. They might as well just delete your loving character if you get hit with it early.

Did you by chance play before they nerfed curse to something actually managable? Because at launch I believe it could stack high enough to nerf your max HP down to 1/8th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Gologle posted:

Yeah, but you get ten of them. If you die more than ten times in Dark Souls 1 you're a scrub and don't deserve to play the game.

:lol:

Gologle posted:

I suppose I should have added "as a caster" to that sentence. I don't understand how people complain about hexes and magic in general in DS2 but Dark Souls is absolutely broken when it comes to magic. It can't even be a PvP thing, because in both games magic is rather useless in PvP. The person who can't dodge a spell in either game shouldn't be PvPing.

Oh so you are being serious. Allow me to laugh even harder.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Gologle posted:

Ugh, 3 hours of farming and...4 Loyce Souls to show for it. Can somebody just give me either Loyce Souls or the Loyce set?

Eat some coins and stick the mimic on your head. I've had decent enough luck that way as well as keeping my sign down for people to summon me. Unfortunately though you can't drop Loyce Souls :(

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

We're now in the running for the highest official honor in video gaming:

I'll only be happy if Joel McHale is on the show again this year and is making GBS threads all over it the entire time while looking vaguely drunk.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
This just cropped up on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/posts/768142343258812

quote:

The undead curse continues to spread across the kingdom of Drangleic with **Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin**, available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and Steam on the following dates:
EU: April 3, 2015
Americas: April 7, 2015
This ultimate Dark Souls II experience features additional in-game events and NPCs along with new deadlier enemies and gameplay improvements. This experience includes the original Dark Souls II along with the three DLC chapters - Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, and Crown of the Ivory King. It will also take advantage of the advanced power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and DirectX11 capable PCs to provide enhanced graphics for those platforms!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Manatee Cannon posted:

Oh gently caress yes. Kinda weird that it's gonna be released after Bloodborne, but I'm really glad to see they're continuing to support this game. I really doubt this is gonna be covered by the season pass, but I wonder if this will be the actual final DLC or the first in a line of new ones with a new pass to go with them?

That's what I'm curious about. It basically sounds like the Game of the Year Edition with a bit of extra content tacked on as well. I'm gonna be pissed if I basically have to buy it again but if they upgrade it to existing owners that'd be cool.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Zedd posted:

What the gently caress was that thing at 0:58, I beat this game 5 times now and never seen it I think.

New enemy I'm fairly sure. If you look at 1:08 theres a guardian dragon at a new place as well.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dukka posted:

Best case: auto discount on Steam if it reads the game in your library.

Worst case: oh no I have to spend ~$35-40 over at GMG.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure this is how it'll be. I'd be surprised if theres no loyalty discount but if theres not as you said, GMG should have it cheaper. I remember it was pretty great that Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut was 75% off for preexisting owners and I bought and gifted a few copies to people since it was only 5bux. I know DSII Redux won't be THAT cheap but it'd still be nice if it was an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

lordfrikk posted:

That thing is longer than my bachelor thesis :catstare:

Don't forget someone did a 108 page rebuttal to the Plinkett Phantom Menace review.