Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
All DLC enemies (in all three DLCs) are pretty drat resistant to magic/just have high health in general. I noticed that hard when arriving in Sunken King early with my Hexer to get the Sanctum Crossbow, it's really hard to kill even one of the standard enemies just with Dark Orbs or whatever. Seeing as there is one area in OIK specifically which you can only enter after having gone through most of the game, the DLCs definitely expect you to go there after having played through the main game already and not to beeline for them. It can be a nice challenge, I guess, but you'll cry bloody tears with a sorceror and/or munch through ALL your herbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

Huh, every time I've fought him and tried that he does his deadly dark based spike attacks.
Wear heavy armor and tank/estus through those. He will come. Heavy armor and high poise are really useful in the fight because you can easily shrug off like three skeletons at once wailing on you. The only thing you really need to watch out for is his Miasma, but you can even block that (while still taking damage, but not thaaaat much) if you don't want to leave your Nito Clobbering Spot (right under his nose, that is).

flowinprose posted:

Keep in mind that if you want to get there with that low of a soul memory, the best way to go about it is going through tower of flame -> no man's wharf -> bastille. In order to reach Straid from this side without doing Pursuer and/or Ruin Sentinels first, you must use a bow or spells to break the barrels outside the door of the tower where Lucatiel is found, and grab the antiquated key just a little bit beyond that. Then you can open the door that lets you into the area where you use a pharros lockstone to open a door into the cage elevator that takes you up to Straid's tower.
Wow, I didn't know you could reach the Antiquated Key from that side!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

There are no rare items which you have to farm ages for in DSII, and you can NOT gimp yourself because there is an (easy) way to reset stat points. Bam, done.

lmbo at the idea that even a DS experienced player that has like a guide open next to them will in DSII immediately beeline for the Ember and succeed, though.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Ah, yeah, discounting the DLC, if you're deathly afraid of wasting stuff, you should ask the thread about the usability of boss weapons. Some of them are pretty lacklustre and if you're playing through the game normally, you can upgrade like ONE of them fully.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Vermain posted:

"Softbanning" places you into a special matchmaking server with all the other people who've been softbanned. It's meant to be a "leper's island" where all of the hackers are shunted to.

There's often a weird overemphasis on movesets in Souls games, I've found. If you've got a longer-ranged poking attack and a shorter-ranged slashing attack, you're good for basically every PVE encounter in the game. Considering the proportion of PVE:PVP content in the normal course of a game, picking a weapon that's fast and does high damage is the best option in most cases.
All of those are moveset-related though :psyduck:?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yeah this. Also don't use human effigies after every death or you'll run out super fast cause they're rather rare.
Since the patch, I actively look for red signs to summon dudes because you'll get an Effigy for killing them! Super neat!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I die until I am at half health then wear the Ring of Binding all the time because I am lazy. That is my opinion on the health loss system, thanks for listening :geno:.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

My 360 controller can do both, it is just pretty hard to pull off. Dunno if that is really a hardware issue. Coming from DS1 I was baffled how much harder it seemed, but it's just tighter timing or something (or related to the frame issue). Practice, it'll work someday!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Vermain posted:

The Leydia Pyromancers also have almost no Poise and very low health. They're the textbook definition of "strong but fragile enemy" in the game.
Wait, are we talking about the black-clad ladies before Agadyne? They have over 1000 health and are therefore surprisingly durable (I grant you the no poise).

quote:

Even with no Poise, you should be able to roll out of the way of their third swing, but it's a very small frame window. You have to be mashing the dodge key to hit it successfully.
I can kinda see where the argument about stunlocks are coming from, with the "mash the dodge key or else" thing - the Ogres can also stunlock you with their combo and it's really hard to evade, which is surprising because their hits should just knock you on your butt instead. And when I'm fighting humans with the broken-rear end Ice Rapier, it seems like sometimes they have trouble evading too for some reason because I can stab stab stab stab and they get hit four times which is insane. I would wager a guess that most do mash that dodge button, but it does not seem to be enough somehow?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Leydia Pyromancers are the ones that spawn from tombs.
Ah, whoops. Yeah those are very easy to blitz down, sorry.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Everything about Invasions is ridiculous. You do not get points for invading, you do not get Covenant items that are also useful otherwise (Humanity), it is really only there to be a dick and earn a few souls on the side. Because there is no real reason to invade, two other Covenants suffer (three I guess but lol Way of the Blue) - I have spent 18 hours now on my most recent char in the Champions Covenant and got three Awestones from Invasions, and I even beelined to the String of Whatever which makes me more likely to be invaded.
Blue Sentinels are even more nonsensical because they are mostly built around the idea of defending people which will never happen for two reasons I just mentioned:
- lol Way of the Blue
- lol Invasions
You don't get points, you don't get Tokens of Fidelity, you don't get points. It is so bad and totally baffling to me. If Invasions were more attractive, a lot of problems I have with those Covenants would be solved I feel, and the Sentinels should just be able to assist anyone with Way of the Blue people getting served first. Also points for blue-invading because COME ON.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Invasions would also be more of a pain in the rear end if you'd always run the risk of getting Blue-balled, and not, like, NEVER. I would actually love invading far more if
a) there were constant duels with Blue guys in wait
b) I'd get constantly harassed by Blue guys out for revenge in my own game, because that's the risk you take

Has anyone ever went and gotten their sins absolved in DS2 because there were just too many Sentinels on their case all the time?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Smol posted:

What's up with weapon durability in this game? I can't even get to the next bonfire before my weapon breaks.
Have two weapons or cry.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if I can bait people to invade me at drangleic castle, and hang out in the big moat of acid with nothing on, waving at them.
You will then get shot with arrows until you come out, sorry...

poptart_fairy posted:

Avoid it.

You'll die unless specifically geared to survive the attack and even then you're unlikely to.
This. Ancient Dragon is a very annoying boss to me (I've done him once and don't plan on more fights) because one mistake is death, always, and you need to seriously predict him, that is if you think for a second he will fly up to breath down, you need to haul rear end like nobody's business. Be on the other side of the arena, basically. You can bait him into a pattern of always breathing fire forwards or stomping down with his hind legs, but you'll have to look that up, I haven't done it and it sounds pretty specific.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

Playing a dex build for the first time, and I'm not sure what to build into for weapons. I've been using a regular rapier, and I plan on getting the one from the butler in Drangleic when I get to that point, but is there anything better? Katanas are okay but they have no 2h thrusting attacks and their durability is poo poo. Even with the regular rapier I have to use the durability ring to make it through some areas without breaking.
You could try the Estoc to get a sweeping attack in your repertoire. Ricards is always a safe bet. Maybe give the Mail Breaker a spin, but I think it's only really useful in PvP, if then. Black Scorpion Stinger also is probably not bad, and you might be able to poison some bosses with it. Too bad the Best Rapier is gated the same way as Drangleic Castle is - it's the Ivory King DLC's Ice Rapier and it's bonkers.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Bogart posted:

I feel like if those items were auto-added onto your select bar on pickup, you'd use them more often. As it is, you barely even see them when you're scrolling down to get to your VERY GOOD carving.
I hated the auto-add in DS and am glad it's gone :shrug:.

Anyway always carry Poison Knives when PvPing, yo.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Vermain posted:

Dragon Aerie (5 per Ascetic) or Dragon's Sanctum (3 per Ascetic) is your best bet. The alternative is to farm Dragon Acolytes in Aldia's Keep, but I have no idea what the drop rate is like.

You can actually kill those things? I was doing tiny amounts of damage at Intensity 1 and just ran past the lot of them.
They are insanely easy. Maybe it's playstyle dependent, though - my first time I just had the broken-rear end Ice Rapier and (funnily enough) Bone Fists, both worked. Second time, with a Hexer, was harder but they still melted pretty easily. Dodging is not a problem and they are wide open to being attacked with little rear end in a top hat attacks, also a bonfire right next to them.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

There's a spot you can drop to a little ways past the first bonfire that takes you to a tunnel where she's chilling (take a torch and move along the edge until you see it). Her summon sign will still be there if you don't find her though.
I'm not sure if it's just wonky or determined by other factors of progression in her questline, but I've spent ages in the past looking for her sign which just wouldn't show up until I found out that she indeed stands in that super-hidden path and looked for vids on how to access it. If you talk to her, it's always there.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

All DLCs own including Ivory King.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Sanctum Crossbow really owns and my Hexer also had lots of success using it in PvP. Its attack is juuuust the right kind of slow to make people roll exactly into it.

Other news, if you're looking for a challenge, try Fat Roll Only (with CoC on all the time because what would be a challenge run without it). Having heavy armor on all the time is surprisingly nice when just running through levels (though CoC kinda mitigates that as you now take about as much damage against enemies as you would with light armor under normal circumstances), but hoo boy is it a detriment against bosses. I even allow myself shields, but that doesn't really help (even though I am pretty well versed in shields), you really want a light roll to avoid that one heavy attack that will pierce your shield, and you just can't do that. I am currently rather stuck on Freja because usually the best tactic is to get in her face after an attack, she will do the loooong wind-up back-up and then slam her face/mandibles forward, you know, the one that's trivially easy to avoid? Well, with fat roll, you cannot get out of the way half the time, it's just not far enough, and good luck trying to invince-frame through it.
The only thing that really works is baiting her laser, then hauling rear end to the other face - which is, of course, a valid tactic usually but in this case, it's the only tactic feasible and it elongates the fight a lot. If there is a spider hanging out on her vulnerable side, you also cannot do much but kill that first and then do the whole run-around again, as you are not even close to mobile enough to kill the spider, sneak a hit in on Freja and then run away, or just hit Freja and roll away from the spider. It's long, tedious, annoying especially combined with the boss walk, but I kinda love it because it forces me to completely re-evaluate my tactic. It becomes a tough game of position management, rationing rolls very carefully and far more running away and gauging of enemy attack distance that you would ever do with a light roll.

The hardest challenge up to THAT point was Chariot, guess why. I did use a shield there otherwise I would have gone insane, just wanted that loving Delicate String early anyway. I've been invaded a grand total of three times with it constantly on so far :suicide:.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Iretep posted:

She's one of the few rare bosses that punish being too near with fast attacks.

Just use a shield, then she is really, really easy.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Stargate posted:

Pretty sure you're just making it harder for yourself there given that Tark is an absolute bitch and has died within 10 seconds every time I've summoned him to that fight, leaving you with a boss with more HP.
What? Tark can almost solo her. I have no idea how this would happen to you :psyduck:.

EDIT: Unless you tried it once at release and they buffed him afterwards or something.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

I'm stuck on the door that says "Produce the sign of the King." Am I missing something incredibly obvious? One message mentioned a ring, is that anywhere near the right track?
You do need a ring, yes. You can get this only after you have killed the four Old Ones (bosses in dead ends) and kindled their primal bonfires. The way to the ring is in the Shaded Woods, if you take the path from the crossroads vice versa to the one that leads to the misty forest filled with invisible assholes.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Nah, I still lock on all the time, but there are definitely situations where I would have been better off.

In PvP especially it pays off really well to not lock on, because you can lead attacks into roll-endpoints etc. - but for ranged attacks you need to target again, so really, it's like with shields: always up is a fool's errand and will get you killed, but used in key situations when you know what you're doing, it's probably the best strategy.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Junkenstein posted:

Finally getting round to playing the DLC in preparation for Bloodborne (after buying the season pass before the first part came out). Anything I need to know? Best to play them in release order?
If the release order was Sunken -> Iron -> Ivory, then yeah, that should be a good idea. They (very roughly) increase in difficulty, though take that with a huge grain of salt as some things are just easier for some people. They also roughly increase in complexity, though Iron could give Ivory a run for its money. The definitely increase in length.

Other pointers: Sunken is great for mages and ranged characters, Iron for upgrading poo poo, Ivory for really interesting and out-there items of all persuasions. If you're into trying out odd poo poo, maybe look up what new weapons are in what DLC.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

An excellent read, thank you for linking it. I think I can wholeheartedly agree with the author's conclusions, because of how self-contained everything is; his approach to criticism, his choice of comparisons, his arguments in detail are all spot-on and support his message perfectly.

However, that doesn't mean that he is necessarily right in the sense that everyone should read it and go "huh, yeah, I guess" and discredit Shulva (and subsequent DLCs, which he obviously likes even less) outright in the future. He follows two main lines of thought, which I appreciate, because too many others only focus on one thing at a time:
- "Atmosphere" as a broader category: choice of environment, little details, architecture, thematic holisticness. Shulva fails in many of those aspects (as does the main game), by being an idea of a place, and not the place itself. It's hallways and rooms masquerading as a temple/city complex, and not a temple/city complex with intriguing paths through it (like Anor Londo most definitely was, for example). I wholeheartedly agree with this, continued also in the next aspect
- "Gameplay" in general: enemy placement, encounter design, traps and ambushes etc. He claims that again much like the main game, Shulva tries to pass itself off as a challenge through cleverly hidden switches and changes in the footing, new and exciting foes to battle on shifting terrain, a sometimes frantic, sometimes deliberate tough battle with the remnants of a poisoned civilization, bla bla difficulty, dickishness, Welcome To Dark Souls, buzzwords. It is not that. It does not fully understand what actually made Dark Souls 1's fights "pop" and interesting, how the pacing of that game was so good and why people think its little gently caress you moments are actually fair and clever.
I also agree with that. Very rarely do the DSII designers really understand how to make fights fun AND clever AND rewarding at the same time, and the few moments of success feel more like happy accidents.

Basically, to sum both things up, DSII and by extension Shulva, is a game that desperately tries to capture the magic of DSI by gluing elements of its predecessor's design together and hoping that lightning strikes and it's good now. It's rather painfully obvious in many aspects that this simply does not work, and the article's author rather brutally and extensively pulls that veil of pretensions of a better game away.

However, and this is where my own opinion will not be swayed by his arguments, none of this makes Shulva ultimately bad, and more importantly, unfun. The entirety of DSII is, as said before, a rather naive attempt at making a sequel, but, and this is the biggest and most important thing when comparing it to DSI, it is still fun to play. Especially all the quality of life improvements DSII has do a great job of buffering its worse overall design, and while this is only a Gameplay aspect thing, I personally have never been much of an Atmosphere guy. Meaning that yes, if you are, DSII in its entirety and most of Shulva definitely are almost "objectively" terrible, especially in comparison to DSI, no contest.
Disregarding this, the "fun to play" aspect actually elevates Shulva into what is the biggest strength of the DLCs; they are, in fact, more fun to play than the main game. All those switches and staircases and roundabout ways and sarcophagi and bosses with two levels and water on the bottom makes Shulva really interesting in a way that too many parts of DSII's main game do not manage, and that some parts are rather ill-advised in practice, for me at least, actually make it even better: Shulva is the first time DSII really allows itself to be bold. Everything in the main game is really safe and quaint and cleaned up with very few exceptions, toeing the line between "this needs to be dickish because we are making a Souls game" and "but not too dickish because think of the audience".
Shulva disregards both thoughts and does its own thing, consequences be damned, more often than not, and this I can respect, for this I like it a lot, and for that both subsequent DLCs are better and better again.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Painted World, Sen's, Anor Londo, the Depths, Blighttown sans FPS issues (so on PC) and the Catacombs are all case studies in absolutely sublime level design and enemy placement, as well as the entire DLC especially past Artorias. Everything after the Lordvessel does take a nosedive in quality, but I think that has been general consensus for a while now. DSII's main game rarely has areas that are as a whole just really well done through and through, no buts and ifs, the DLCs do.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Hbomberguy posted:

Yeah there are a ton of good improvements - for example, reliable ways to summon friends in repeatedly. I played through both DS games with a friend and the first game made it balls hard to actually summon them in, even with the workaround some goons linked.

I haven't finished Demon's Souls so I don't know about squid suit man.

I too disagree with his assessment of Havel Gank Squad (it's a wonderful fight imho), but chose not to focus on details like that (as well as the finer points of Ash Lake's memorability - there are too many details in the article to really start nitpicking, I feel).

Space Hamlet posted:

Thanks Simply Simon, good post
Thank you too, welcome!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Genocyber posted:

If there's one thing I've learned it's that people who write a lot of :words: about the Souls games are usually functionally retarded.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The worst one for me was the one in front of the executioner chariot that they made respawn in NG+ because gently caress you. That loving guy and his instant canceling cheat BS.
I learned to parry just for that guy. ON that guy. It's actually not that hard with the Buckler!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

RottenK posted:

Is power stance mandatory for dual wielding?

My guy has rapier and dagger right now. The dagger does little damage, but I like it's absurd speed. It's handy for quickly finishing off enemies that have a sliver of health left, and staggering low-poise enemies. I like this playstyle, but I'm wondering if i'm gimping myself by not replacing the dagger with a stronger weapon and going power stance.
Do whatever the gently caress you want and works, man.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Krakatoah posted:

Ah, well at least I know I can reset my stats by using a Soul Vessel so it's not a terrible loss if I screw up too much and I'm actually curious about magic too since I've only just been using Heal so far, how does each school of magic work and are any of them viable for my current sword and boarding style?
Magic is always viable.

Miracles and Sorcery work the same: you get Faith/Int high to be able to cast them and increase their damage, you level Attunement so you can actually equip a selection of spells and it also influences casting speed as well as the number of charges you have (VERY helpful). The same (regarding Attunement) is true for all other magic schools.

Pyromancy scales with the sum of Faith + Int, so it'll always do SOME damage and you can always use Pyromancy on the side. The Flame is upgraded with Fire Seeds you find over the course of the game, just keep that going along and you'll have a nice back-up.

Hexes scale with the LOWEST of Int or Faith, so you'll have to stat both, which makes them not useful as a side-thing for your sword and board, unless the sword is like a Straight Sword with low scaling or a Dagger you mainly use as back-up. I would also not recommend Hexes for your first time through.

I assume you know how to cast things :).

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

Can I be a high dex dude and also be able to cast the Sunbro lightning bolt without sucking? I like rolling around like an idiot at all times but I never made a character that could use the Sunbro Miracles in Dark Souls 1 and it'd be neat to do I guess. I rolled as a Deprived so that should help I guess?

Also are there any good swords for two handing with the dex build? I've got a Longsword right now that I've upgraded a bit, but it breaks pretty quickly and that's annoying.
Spears are still okay, but don't expect them to do miracles :v:. Their biggest problem is the low amount of charges, but at least you get two copies of the standard variants. It's feasible if only to deal with some really annoying situations (Ogres for example) and bosses far more easily than in melee. Okay, you could do that with a bow and poison arrows mostly because you have high dex, but that's kind of a lame argument - you COULD also do everything with a Rapier because that's just so efficient, brah!!
Stat-wise, it's definitely okay to have one physical main stat and one magical back-up. You can even use for example a Lightning Heide Knight weapon, enchant that with Sunlight Blade and really go nuts on the Faith-based damage, even if your Lightning Spears only end up as a back-up option.

Or go full flavor and enchant the Sunlight Straight Sword.

The Longsword isn't particularily fragile, it's just the entire durability system that's kinda borked. Take whatever you like best, and take whatever you like second- and third-best, too. Then switch if one breaks/according to situation.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

TescoBag posted:

Anyone know if they are fixing faith builds/the lightning spears?
They did, now you can't cast them infinitely for insane damage anymore :D.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Gargoyles own

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

So I noticed an interesting phenomenom yesterday when farming the Shadows in Flexile Sentry's NG+ bossroom. I went at them first alone, then with a buddy because that is foolproof, with the intention to ultimately get two Malformed Claws. After about 12 runs alone, I had two Shadow Daggers, two Gauntlets, two Tops, a Helmet and a Claw. So the only thing missing was another Claw and the Leggings because why not.
With buddy, I did surely 20 more runs and a few more solo ones in-between session. On the third co-op run, the Leggings dropped, and that was it.
Not a single item fell, with full item find gear and a Rusted Coin before every try. We went crazy. Tried having him wear item find gear, too. Waited for me to get the last hit on the enemies. Went back to soloing them. Not a single item dropped, ever.

Then I decided to kill the Sentry, Ascetic once more and start over.

The very first run, I got another Helmet, then another Top in the second run.

Of course, we're talking about chances here and it might all just have been very bad luck. But a single item drop during out 20+ runs would have ruined my assumption that something is up, that didn't happen, and they immediately started dropping again after I burned; and, considering my initial success (also I have farmed them before, but less long, just for Gauntlets), they are actually quite drop-happy usually.

So, is it known or has been speculated before that while they always will respawn because the boss needs his adds, maybe after the usual respawn amounts for normal enemies run out for them, they stop dropping? It would be really strange (and only apply to those particular enemies unless Sinner's friends have particularly useful drops), but it's the only conclusion I come up with.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Koobes posted:

Has anyone been able to purchase the upgrade as a gift?
How would Steam know that you're gifting it to someone who owns the game/DLCs or not?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Guillermus posted:

The Bandit Axe was one of my most used weapons during my first playthrough, I think I mentioned that I powerstanced the Red Rust Scimitar + Varangian Sword because it uses the scimitar moveset wich is drat cool. The Bandit Axe is nice to powerstance with either the Battle Axe (wich has slightly lower damage but longer reach) but I mainly used it 1h+shield.

I want to make a new character, something new to me, a caster since everything I played on Dark Souls 1 and 2 was pure melee (well, a Knight with pyromancy as "backup" on DS1 once). What kind of caster is dumb-proof?
Pure Sorcerer should be the best bet, I think. You start with basically the best Staff until way into the endgame, though I think the staff that drops from Necromancers is a little better; but it's not a terrible thing if you miss or don't want to farm it off them in the Chariot bossfight. So equipment is a non-issue. Spell-wise, it's a lot of basic missiles that you will never run out of, with some really cool stuff (Soul Greatsword, Soul Vortex...) later on to toy around with. You can easily branch out into having backup melee with the super interesting Blue Flame, or you just Crystal Magic Weapon whatever the gently caress you want. You don't have to jump through any tough hoops (like you have to for, say, Lifedrain Patch) to get your spells, and you don't have to decide constantly if you prefer Staff- oder Chime-based Hexes, which catalyst to use AFTER you decided...

Oh, and statting is super easy unlike for Hexer which is really point-hungry. I did it and it's fun, but Sorcerer is far easier to start out as a caster, I think.

In other news, I started playing after a longer pause and did a new char, and drat I am so glad that the durability now works as intended. I got the early Whip and it's so much fun! Will branch out into Faith a little (just to have Homeward early, really :v:) and have Spears on the side (like the Dragonslayer one!), I actually never used Spears.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Iretep posted:

The main problem with lost sinners sword is if you do all quests youll end up with at least one sin. Namely the Pate/Creighton quest. If either of them die you get sin.
I thought if you let one of them get the finishing blow on the other, you don't get a sin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

I'm pretty sure the corpse bug hit more weapons than just Whips, just those especially strongly. But halberds etc were still very prone to swinging through fresh corpses or ones on the ground. It's far better in general now.