Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
How are Clerics this time around? I've been Clericin' since Demon's, are miracles good?

Also I'm kinda hoping that the PC version is full of hackable holes and things like the multiplayer fix are possible this time around too. PC dark souls was a strange beast where you could join a game where a giant mask was just... hangin' out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Cleric is ROUGH this time around. Starting at the highest SL with 3 endurance and being forced to two hand a heavy weapon is much trickier than the other two times.

But man, the MACE this time! Holy poo poo.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

How high is your ADP?

The cleric starts with 4, so it's rough all round.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

slev posted:

Is there any point to the small white soapstone once I have the regular one?

I also read that shades bypass the boss rule, so you can be help for someone trying to get items or just explorin'.
(NOTE: This could be wrong)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I CAN'T HANDLE HOW MANY STATS I GOTTA RAISE

It's really cool how you've got to pay attention to almost all of them, instead of just pumping up vit and end until you're comfortable.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

Edited save file, he was at max SL. Now your soul memory is hosed. Welcome to dks2!

The good news about this is he might be able to edit his own soul memory so he's not totally screwed. Maybe?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Much like Demons, the cleric seems to SMASH the enemies on the level leading towards their spells. 4 hits, man. The mace is a beast.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

neetengie posted:

too bad lightning infusion doesn't have HP regen :smith:

Yeah, no second coming of the blessed mace is a bummer.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Learning the White Priest [LOWER ROBE] has sandals bums me out. I hope I won't have to kill Targray to get the robe under armour look, seems like a cool dude.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Soul memory is really cool when you're playing with another person the whole way through, but aside from that very specific circumstance it's mostly busted.
Also playing through with someone else means you get a ton of souls. I'm SL 86 and I just killed the Lost Sinner.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Spanish Matlock posted:

Wait, you can trade stuff in this game?

Yeah, you summon a dude and either you or he drop items. They can then get picked up.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Whoa, is that the dingy set in that katana image? It looks really cool!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Cmon servers step it up

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I made the horrible mistake of attacking the mage skeleton first.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The mage spawns the bonewheels.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

BoonyPC posted:

Think I'll have to start a new melee guy soon. While lightning spears are great the last 1/3 maybe even 1/2 of the game was kind of a cake walk, especially the bosses...pretty much summon a couple of guys and throw spears until death while ignoring most, if not all of the mechanics.

WELCOME TO MAGIC

It's why I'm really glad clerics have a ton of viable non-attack spells. Group Support Cleric is nuts this time around, so you can be a holy spellcaster and actually matter without just smashing through everything with attack spells.

I'm actually really bummed Emit Force isn't the big AoE orb. That thing was a blast to try and use.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Cleric Fashion Souls

I need a new monitor. 16:9 isn't supported by anything anymore. Also I haven't gone to the Drangliec Castle let where the chest and gauntlets I want are yet.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Lukavi posted:

Is there a way to reliably play the game with a friend like a half-rear end co-op? I only got to play Dark Souls about 1/4th of the way before GFWL started acting up and finished in offline. If I got a copy for a friend and myself would we be able to summon each other all the time, most of the time, never?

My buddy and I are doing a Coop playthrough. As long as you guys are in the same SM range and get the engraved ring and pick the same god, you'll be able to summon each other constantly. It's also the only way Soul Memory makes sense, you'll make different decisions on when to level and what to buy but the person who doesn't level won't end up straight up better than the leveler.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Are there more than 3 elephant men in the doors of pharros? I want the chest piece and I ran out of mammothmen. I opened up 3 part door(using 2) already.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Souls games enforce Caster Supremacy.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Learn some weapon discipline dudes. Don't hit things that are already dead.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Huntsman's Copse has a bonfire less two minutes away from the first one. Why even put it there? Also Huntsman's Copse is great except the leadup to the chariot. I got real tired of fighting those four fuckers with whips and maces.

I feel like they put the second bonfire down first, and then realized that it was a pain to get to the hex guy so they created the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

david... posted:

A host, a red, a white and a blue, the dark souls that was promised. :unsmith:

How was it? I sort of want to join the Blue pleaders so I can facilitate this, cause I don't get anything else from being a Sunbro and everyone's a sunbro anyway.

Also: Lightning spears are too easy to get and too powerful, making miracles the same old type of spellcaster as a hexer or sorcerer. As a cleric since demons, I'd rather see miracles focus more on area support, buffs and healing, as well as offensive powers that are incredible against a certain type of enemy but bad against others. Soul Appease is a good model for this, if it was more focused instead of an ability to kill all hollow things around you.