Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
So with liquid humanity gone in DS2, what affects item drop? Just rings/items? I'm kind of curious about how it works since it seems like they want to reduce farming as much as possible (what with the non-respawning enemies and all).

Pb and Jellyfish fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
Cool, thanks for the answer. I'm also wondering which covenant would be best for some sweet sweet PVP action? I heard the darkwraith equivalent is broken, but the bell bros sounds good, since I mostly forest hunted in DS1. I will do some co-op, but I prefer to do bosses and hard areas alone, so I'm not worried about summoning others.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
I heard that in DS2 you have the ability to respec your stats, so does that include all your stats or just the ones you've added to? So for example, if you start as a class which has 9 intelligence, but you don't plan to use any spells, can you put yourself down to zero or 1 intelligence and reallocate those points elsewhere? Or is there a minimum of how low you can put something?

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
I bought one of the wireless receivers and got it to work, but I did have to jump through some software hoops, looking up poo poo online and messing with settings and properties, but it if the controls are at all similar to DS1 I just can't see wanting to use a keyboard and mouse instead. Even if they are doable this time, I just can't see it being nearly as good. I beat the first game with KB&M, and later got the wireless receiver, and it made a world of difference. I never parried, jump attacked, and seldom locked on during my first playthrough. Not to say that one would necessarily be this limited, but we know for a fact that DS2 works well and feels great with a gamepad, so I would go with it.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
I hope amazon releases their key soon, but they say it won't release until the 25th, do they ever send them out early?

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
Awesome, Amazon just released their keys, preloading begun. I'm really glad to hear that maces are boss in DS2, as it took until my 3rd playthrough or so of the first before I warmed up to them, but my +10 fire mace is my go to weapon for SL2 darkwraithing. The poise break is fantastic, and I can roleplay as a bernike knight (minus the shield).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
Probably a stupid question, but is the online like DS1 in that if you kill the boss of an area, you won't get invaded there anymore, and does this include bellbros and rat bros? IE, if I kill the gargoyles will I no longer get bell invaders, and if I kill the pharros boss and royal rat vanguard will I no longer get drawn into rat worlds?