Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Eh, a slight bonus to the comic/Soundtrack really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

I can't get the DS4 to work on PC for the life of me...

I run the Xinput wrapper poo poo and install and then....it just doesn't loving work

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, DSTOOL 1.2.2 then what you need to do is run it, check "Hide DS4 Controller" then restart the computer. BAM, it works.

So I'm kind of curious if anyone could give me a simple run-down on exactly what I need to do in order to get Durante's 'DSFix v2.0' to work? I mean, I may have actually did it right but I'd like to be sure for ultimate pretties while I'm murdering(being murdered by) things!

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Fashion souls is back in full force, really.

Did someone say Fashion Souls?

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

Assuming I'm not crazy so I don't start cramming them into every available orifice in the Grave of Saints and Doors of Pharros, how many lockstones should I rat-bro for?

This: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Doors+of+Pharros#.U2BbJflkXm4 seemed to have a decent list of all the lockstone faces in Doors of Pharros.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Has there been just a generic AA injector developed for DS2 yet? I don't want any of the ENB/SweetFX lighting changes, I just want non-blurry AA like DSfix had.

Only one I've seen is also made by Durante, but it does more than just AA. However you can turn everything else off. http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=gedosato

Gunder posted:

What do you do with old weapons and equipment? Do you just leave it on the floor somewhere? I can't find anyone to sell stuff to.

Gavlan Wheel? Gavlan Deal! How far into the game are you?

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Annath posted:

So, about 10 pages back folks were talking about VAC bans for using durantes gfx enhancer thing.

I've never had a VAC ban, and I don't intend to.

If I remove it now, having only used it for a few play sessions, what are the chances I'll get flagged in the ban wave?

This is assuming they'll even think about banning for it, and honestly if it happens it'll be repealed REAL quick because I suspect way too many people use the tool.

But no you wouldn't be safe, if it does happen. It's why I'm not going to download a neat looking thing I found which lets you get any camera angle you want, as long as you can see your character, because it uses CheatEngine.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Annath posted:

So basically, since I've already used it, I might as well keep using it?

Pretty much, yeah. I mean GedoSato doesn't do anything more funny than ENB does, which is also available for Dark Souls 2, yet I don't hear about people using ENB for other games being banned left and right.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Genocyber posted:

50% of smelter co-op is you doing all the work, then the host dying when smelter does the AOE blast. 40% is you nearly killing Smelter then the host dying like an idiot. Remaining 10% are successes.

Doesn't change the fact that the dude recording that video was a dick. Hell I stand back when Sunbroing myself cause I've got like 20 Greater Lightning Spears to fling at the boss, but he stood there with his thumbs up his rear end not even throwing lightning.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Overbite posted:

So I've been sunbroing it up and is it even worth it? The rewards don't seem that amazing. I'm a hex/miracle dude.

Smelter is getting real easy now.

Sunlight Spears are really nice.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

I hosed up big time in getting Benhart's stuff :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Leper Residue posted:

Hell yeah, High Heels or bust! I just wish a lot of the chest pieces weren't so long. I wanted to wear the witches dress with them, but it almost covers the skirt entirely.

It's also a shame the hoods are so damned good for casters.

Fashion Souls? This is my look now, wielding Thorned Greatsword. Got the Saint's Hood on just cause having 20 casts of Great Lightning Spear is hilarious.

Also this is my favorite screenshot just for the "... gently caress you game, it's still pitch black!" Moment I had.