Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Having played with a sword and board, then a dex spear user, I wanted to try something new. I decided to get in touch with my inner barbarian and use the Gyrm greataxe. I chopped the mirror knight down in four or five swings. It was great, would recommend. The only thing I miss is range - you have to get in the enemy's face with axes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Akoogly Eyes posted:

Also, I've found a bunch of equipment so far but I'm still sticking with the Heide knight sword + Drangleic armor combo. Are there any really good armor/weapons that are easy to miss in this game that I should get? Thinking of picking up some pyromancy too, what sort of stats would I need for that? Here's what I have currently:

Find a weapon you like the moveset of and sink a some upgrade materials into it. There are plenty of shards and chunks to do this with, so don't be afraid to experiment. The only caveat is with twinkling and dragon bone weapons. Those materials are pretty rare in the early to mid game.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I have another question regarding infusion chat: I'm trying out a sorcerer and I've been rolling with a +7 long sword that I enchant with magic weapon, using the staff of wisdom. I've just hit 50 int and I'm wondering if there are any weapons that i should infuse?

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Any tips for infusing weapons? My character has int of about 52.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

kanonvandekempen posted:

The huge knights are killing me more than I would like, is all. Also having to fight with your HP severely handicapped because of hollowing. The game is also quite a bit more complicated with different play styles etc, and I haven't really studied it in depth yet. I planned on just doing everything as a dude with a shield and a melee weapon, but it's not that simple.

The knights have very predictable attack patterns. Three attacks, the last with a large horizontal reach. Bait out their three attacks and then attack, repeat as necessary.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Just jumping in to say one thing: I did Frigid Outskirts and killed Lud and Zallen. gently caress that area, what a terrible piece of game design. Iron passage was a cake walk compared to it. Now I can say I've killed every boss in the game, so I think I'm ready for Dark Souls 3.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Quarantine has me playing through this one more time. Something keeps me coming back to ds2, even though I've played all the other games in the series.

I'm trying a faith build and I'm looking for a decent late game weapon to go with 50 faith. I'm about to tackle the dlc and I've used the mace and Dragonslayer axe up until now, but they lack reach. Any suggestions?

Also, is there a chime that's better than the priest's chime for miracles?

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

There's a deadzone "fix" mod that might enable a better control feel for some people. I used it on my last two plays of the game and found controlling my character did improve a bit, especially when using big strength weapons.

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/786

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

It was linked to frame rate, but certain weapons have multiple collisions per swing, which also affects them disproportionately to their durability. So, even if you have a high durability weapon it could be degrading way faster than its stats imply.