Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Finally got around to picking up this game after beating DS1 a couple of months ago, I went pure dex melee in that game and I was thinking of either focusing on strength or being a caster this time around. Is there anything I should know to avoid buildwise? I remember something about how being a Faith caster wasn't worth it in DS1 because a lot of it's spells were locked behind multiplayer or something like that, is there anything similar here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

When’s the soonest I can get two caesti in this game? I’ve never done a punch build before

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Sick, thanks

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to servers? I was doing a test run to make sure I was ready for tomorrow but I can’t connect, and according to some googling I’m not the only one today

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Servers are still down but I don’t care, gonna play some motherfucking Dark Souls

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Did my first invasion ever tonight.

If you got punched to death outside the Cardinal Tower bonfire by someone wearing a tricorne about a couple of hours ago, that was me

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Man, this is my first time playing Scholar and I kind of can’t believe how much it feels like a new game. This rules

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah punching crystal lizards is loving impossible, I have to try and shoot them with my bow

If you’re using cestus, the two-handed R2 is extremely good at hitting crystal lizards

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Grey Fox posted:

if you're playing Scholar, you should go see if Smelter left you anything you may have missed in his room

This was true even in Vanilla

e;fb

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

It's 2D Final Fantasy scaling in a 3D game

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

drat, and I just did a DS2 replay a few months ago. I was planning on making my next playthorugh NG+ to finally experience all those changes too but... what the hell.

Does anyone have a recommended zone order? Last time I did Return to Drangleic I went to Brightstone Cove before Huntsman's Copse and it completely hosed my soul memory and pushed me out of co-op range for the rest of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

What builds do y'all recommend for Return to Drangleic?

I've already done powerstanced spears, 2h ultra great sword, powerstanced cestus, and hexes.