Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Bring back Mundane scaling, coward From. Yes, it's too much damage, but you pay for it by having no dump stat. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The spider rapier isn't that good

They mean the moonlight great sword.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

rye on white posted:

can i make my knight smaller

Do not post small knight

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

axolotl farmer posted:

DS3 is tighter, lots of annoying stuff removed, qol-optimized, and has just the right amount of DS1 fan service.

It’s so tight that there’s not many ways to play it.

DS2 has ALL THE STUFF! Weird new fun mechanics, fashion, cheap upgrades, lots and lots of build options, weapons and paths through the game. All the wonderful jank.

They are both great games, but where DS3 is the ’better’ game, DS2 is the most FUN Dark souls.

:emptyquote: (Except there's way too much fanservice.)

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I think at this point I have fully Stockholmed myself into genuinely liking the gritty underdone textures and animations. Except for maybe the skinless dog in the gutter and it’s garbage one frame swipe attack.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Look. It’s simple. You can’t ring the bell. It’s the prince’s. You could guard the bell if you wanted. If you guard the bell you can ring it.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Limmy nooo you got to level adp

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I wouldn’t mind going back to base DS2 as an unremixed version. Might be fun. Been so long! What’s the easiest way to do that?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I’ll remember you forever, Helicopter Man.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Ds2 also doesn’t penalize you for using weapons in your left hand like 1 or 3 does. So you can go around using the full 1h moveset for any weapon as long as you can meet the requirements. I like Murakumo and Estoc for non-powerstancing two weapons.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Buy Dark Orb from Straid, and Felkin, and later Darkdiver. It's the best workhorse spell for hexes, good damage and strong stamina drain if blocked. Ascetic the Skeleton Lords for a +2 Bluestone ring (fast casting). Can also use the Abyss Seal and Dark Clutch Ring to boost dark damage in general, but it's not necessarily needed. (Easier to use general stuff like Cloranthy / Second Dragon's / etc.) Get the Black Witch Staff so you can use everything. Be aware what hexes want bells and which want staves. The best staff for most of the game is probably Sunset, which you get from Felkin from talking when you have Int/Faith both at 20+. He also gives you an ugly hat that's one of the best in the game for hexes, sadly. Dark Weapon is a little worse than Resonant Weapon, but it's cast with staves and doesn't want to eat 2k souls a cast.

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 24, 2024

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
You hear that Drangleic is a place where people can avoid hollowing out from undeath and head there. It’s common enough that Saulden immediately refutes it in Majula.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Why did you jump off the Majula cliff?

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Oh. I wouldn’t know. :smug: He also gives you the Blue Ring if you join way of blue which is worth a little extra hp if you don’t have anything better.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Yeah and he used ai voices from a working actor who you can pay to actually do lines for you, and then didn’t even credit the actor in it, so officially gently caress ymfah.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Lothric ain't in this game!! Get their rear end.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
DS2 early enemies are slow enough that you can just walk away from them to dodge their attacks, and indeed you are encouraged to. The ADP tax sucks but you won't need more than the Last Giant's souls to get up to a reasonable level.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I never level vigor above 20 in ds2. Enemies don’t generally have bullshit super combos so as long as you can back off and use a life gem, you can get back in the fight.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Also I think you can buy the knight gear from the armor guy in Majula.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Oh, those guys are all over the Lost Bastille. Royal Swordsmen.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
It’s just a little more effort than the game of the year packages you see for every game now. Showing a new SKU looks good for the bigwigs.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Show some respect to Benhart! He is a true comrade.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Yup. You need to hit it twice from the side then back off until it goes active.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Well it’s percentage based so leveling heavy armor that already has lots of stats is more efficient than leveling something light, usually. If you’re going around in full Havel’s, or even just one piece, may as well throw it some extra points.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
It’s also a straight up ally to you, so there’s no real need to fight it. You can do the thing its drop makes easier just as well without it.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023

Elissimpark posted:

Oh, is that so, Uncle "Son of the Dragon"?

Leave me out of this. Ah! Ah! Ah!

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
From loves nothing more than throwing away QOL. Where are the bonfire ascetics!

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Just don’t think about how he’s undead and probably respawns after a while anyway.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
All the 3 endings are so half baked nothings. besides letting the fire keeper snuff the fire out and hope that something new will come. Like oh good I’m the king of a bunch of dead losers. This isn’t fixing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I'm okay with DS2's endings. They're both decently open ended. Maybe with the power of kings and knowing where they went wrong, you'll be able to fix things with the Throne. And maybe with the wisdom that you can't, when you walk away, you can find something else. Maybe not an ending for everyone, but an ending for you.