Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Return to Drangleic is up next in the "Return to ____" rotation. Feb 27th - March 13th.

I played the hell out of the PS3 version, even got the platinum (10 years ago :stare: ), but this time I'll be playing the SotFS version on PS4. Any useful bugs or dupes in that version ala the soul dupe in DS1? The only "trick" I remember is beelining to The Rotten in NG+ and NG++ to farm it for souls instead of fighting the other bosses again.

I sword-and-boarded my way through the PS3 game, but I'm going to try and mix it up this time. Maybe double clubs :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

FishMcCool posted:

You do you, but most of the fun with RtD imho is to do everything and summon/invade/get summoned on the way.

I'll be doing that for NG for sure. Gonna go slow and do everything, then just do some cleanup for NG+ and ++.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does anyone have a recommended zone order? Last time I did Return to Drangleic I went to Brightstone Cove before Huntsman's Copse and it completely hosed my soul memory and pushed me out of co-op range for the rest of the game

Probably following the Fextra Life game progress route. Don't know if it's the "best," but a lot of people use it so you should have a decent pool to pull from.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Dark Souls 2 is the best one.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's time to return.

Don't give up, skeleton.

Heck yeah, baby.

Was considering a hexer but the bonk calls out to me. Let's do this.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
First time going through SotFS version, taking some notes as I play. Thought others might get a laugh at my expense.

Forest of Fallen Giants
-Oh god, there's an ogre in the river. Maybe I can beat...lol nope.
-Okay, I remember a few guys playing dead around this tree...
-Uuuuh, that's WAY MORE guys than before.
-Okay, I'll just climb up this ladder to get away. poo poo! There's a guy on the ladder!

Cardinal Tower area
-Oh yeah those turtle guys, they do something weird. *Gets crushed by ironclad soldier falling backwards* Right, that.
-Pretty sure there's something good down this cave. *Gets melted by lava spit from the giant lizard*
-Made it to the bonfire, think I remember you can break that door upstairs
-Hooray, a crystal lizard!
-You have been invaded by a dark spirit
-Gets killed
-Okay I'll just stay hollow so they can't...
-You have been invaded!
-Oh, right.
-Hey I managed to beat the Pursuer in the first fight! Never did that before, time to get those ite...where did those guys come from?!

Anyway, game is good. I've been running around with the battle axe, clearing out the early areas until the enemies despawn for a little soul boost. Building up stats for the bastard sword then I'll go fight the Last Giant. I also jumped off the cliff in Majula 100 times so I have the two rings from Saulden, Silver Serpent ring, and Cloranthy ring now. Not a bad start!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
^^^Also that^^^

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Why did you jump off the Majula cliff?

If / when you die 100 times and talk to Saulden he gives you the ring of Steel Protection. I thought he gave you an Attack+ ring too but I must have picked that up elsewhere. Anyway, it reduces physical damage which is nice early on.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Ring of blades drops from the pursuer.

Ah. I'm not used to beating him early so that's why I was confused lol.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Didn't get to play as much yesterday but made a little progress. So I present the further adventures of Rook the Stupid:

-Took down the Last Giant no problem, having 2 NPC summons helped.
-Leveled up enough to use the Bastard Sword and got it to +4.
-Went back and killed the Ogre in the river. Screw you, pal!

-Died a bunch in Lost Bastille, went back to Majula.
-Didn't die as much in Heide's Tower, mostly by running away
-Had like 5 knights chasing me and then "Oh right, there's a dragon up here."
-Ran and rolled all the way back to Dragonrider.
-Dragonrider was pretty easy.

-Made it to No Man's Wharf. Think I quit here for awhile when I first played on PS3.
-Seems like enemy aggro range is insane here, huh. Just dudes dropping down from everywhere and fire arrows flying at you.
-I think the weird enemies start showing up here. *sees Darkdweller* Right, right, there they are.
-Died a few times and called it a night.

Tonight will be trying to hack my way through No Man's Wharf and getting back to Lost Bastille in better shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

FishMcCool posted:

Make sure you bring a torch and light up all the sconces. It's a cool thing to do in general, and a good way to instantly spot where you have been and haven't been, but No Man's Wharf and Gutter are particularly pretty once fully lit.

I keep forgetting that's a thing in this version. Will give it a shot!