Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

The release date on steam changed to Thursday instead of Friday. What an unexpected surprise 8)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Orv posted:

I just wanted to point out that this Steam group exists and a bunch of old DkS1 PC hands and people who are double dipping will (probably) be in there to answer questions come launch. Stop by, hang out, occasionally get harassed by pubbies who think we're dishonorable (true story).

An additional resource people may not know about is #FROMGoons on SynIRC. :)

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

randomcommoner posted:

so, about mytha, I'm assuming I don't have to fight her in a room full of poison since I've tried everything to tank it and I don't think I can.

Can I get a tip about what to do because I've scoured the place and can't find the way to solve this.

it's difficult to give tips about this, but i'll tell you what's up in spoiler blocks go to the upper earthen bonfire and go back around the corner, you can light the hinge of the windmill blade on fire which drains Mytha's room of poison. there will probably be a bunch of orange signs pointing to the place you're supposed to torch

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I only got partway through Dark Souls 1. I really liked it, but I stupidly went on a wiki rampage and kind of spoiled the entire rest of the game for me plot-wise and now have no real urge to go through and actually *play* it through to the end.

Now I got Dark Souls 2 and I'm loving it, but feel a bit guilty about leaving DS1 unfinished. Is it really imperative to finish it or can I gleefully get on with the better looking/feeling/playing DS2?

For me, the lore and plot stuff of the Souls series is largely secondary to the gameplay, despite still enjoying the fluff. Coming from it at that angle, I would highly suggest playing through 1 at some point anyway, because it's a fantastic game and is well worth your time. Whatever theory interpretation stuff you've read will only deepen your appreciation of how it's actually presented in the game as you experience it firsthand.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Why is it so hard to give a person dark skin that doesn't look hosed up in these games? I remember having the same problem in Dark Souls where every time I tried to make the general skin tone darker the cheeks become incredibly pale.

they don't have black people in japan

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Tracula posted:

Rolling with whips is actually staggeringly fun even if they're aren't that great. A bit sad that I can just switch to a basic club and mash things into paste while it takes a good number of hits with a rather upgraded whip just to do the same damage.

if a whip did the same damage as a big fuckoff club per hit there'd be a lot less reason to use a club wouldn't there?

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Mans posted:

Is there any advantage to duel wielding? I have 40 dex and 22 str and i don't see any new attack animations.

Hold down your stance change button to enter power stance.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

Should I buy this game if I wimped out at Blighttown in DS1 and can't really get into Bloodborne?

Why can't you get into Bloodborne exactly? I haven't played it myself but I've watched it a fair amount and it seems that if you own it and don't really dig it, and couldn't be bothered to finish Dark Souls after getting to BT, chances are you won't like DS2 any more. It's still a Souls game afterall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Fargin Icehole posted:

Bought the upgrade from DS2 to DS2:Sotfs anyway because I am gay for dark souls, and am probably a huge idiot. I bought every DLC piece individually because hey, it's just a 5 dollar difference, so in the end, making that upgrade made me lose some more money than usual.

i also upgraded but i didnt have the dlcs before so it'll be a new experience to play through them. i'm diggin' the remixed content as well, i like all the npc invaders.

also i took this opportunity to try out a sorceror because i've always been a dumb sword and shield guy in every souls game so i wanted to extend out of my comfort zone for once