Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

I bought one of the wireless receivers and got it to work, but I did have to jump through some software hoops, looking up poo poo online and messing with settings and properties, but it if the controls are at all similar to DS1 I just can't see wanting to use a keyboard and mouse instead. Even if they are doable this time, I just can't see it being nearly as good. I beat the first game with KB&M, and later got the wireless receiver, and it made a world of difference. I never parried, jump attacked, and seldom locked on during my first playthrough. Not to say that one would necessarily be this limited, but we know for a fact that DS2 works well and feels great with a gamepad, so I would go with it.

I've had one of those Xbox wireless dongles for ages and it is so useful. I don't even have a 360 anymore, left it in the US when I moved abroad 6 years ago, but I've been carrying the same xbox 360 wireless controller all this time. Seriously, folks, if you own a 360 do yourself a favor and get the dongle. I actually never had to do anything special to get it working, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.
So, skipped this thread till now because I didn't want to spoil myself on the game. So far, I'm having an absolute blast. It is really, really fun for coop, however there seems to be almost no invasions. Is PvP not very active in the game at the moment? I'm cooping (have close to a dozen Tokens now) and am trying to find my way into the sun covenant, but it might be worth it to find a decent PvP covenant because of the fact that everyone is running around all human all the time.

Also, I think I skipped some sections and went from the Forest of the Fallen Giants to the Lost Bastille (both early game sections, I believe). I pounded my head against the 3 sentinels for a bit and it took maybe a good solid 5 tries, but at the end I had managed to save up like 80k souls. I like the fact that successfully cooping works kind of like the bonfire, it allows you to give yourself a little boost when you need it. I plop down my summon sign whenever I'm online and routinely get summoned within a minute.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

I'm sure I'm ridiculously late to the party on this, but I became a Bell Keeper last night for my first true taste of PvP. It's... hilariously shitheelish. Like I can't stop PvPing because it's so fun, but it just hardly seems fair. Most of the time you spawn in while the enemy is fighting either the little midgets or another grey shade.

My favorite move by far is to spawn in and sunlight spear the poor fool in the back while he's fighting someone else. Instant kill.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah this is part of my problem with it, but it can be pretty hilarious. Once I spawned in and dropped down into that little side area when another bell cop joined in. He followed me down and used Chameleon to become a barrel, so I broke one of the ones in the room and he stood there. Then I lured the host down into the room and barrel buddy walked up behind him and got a backstab in. Metal Gear tactics are amazing. Sometimes when the host would try and use it against me I'd pretend not to notice them and watch as they try and inch towards the boss door inconspicuously.

Yeah, it hardly feels fair. Sometimes you get a good fight (I think I'm about 50/50 for those) but most of the time it's just pure, grad-A assholery all around. I like it.

Azuth0667 posted:

If that's the case it would be Last Giant -> Pursuer -> Ruin Sentinels -> Sinner. How much harder is the sinner without the lights on?

I've never actually fought the sinner with the lights on. He's never been much of a problem for me, and he's one of my primary coop points when I'm sunbroing it up. I'd say his failure rate is like.... 5%? Most of the time people do well against him regardless of lights, he's pretty predictable and doesn't have a lot of tricks up his sleeve.