Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hanales posted:

Even better if you get the gold pigs in the nashandra fight

The what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Went back to DS2 on the weekend after not playing for ages (stuck at Iron Keep, would you believe) and happily let Lucatiel take all of Smelter's agro while I pelted him with soul spears. Beat him in one :smuggo:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I've beaten the main game but never played the DLC, got SOTFS now and I can't wait to see how Frozen Wastes could possibly be worse than Iron Keep, the worst area with the easiest boss.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Blood pools are amazing. An area littered with single bloodstains can look weird (especially if they start overlapping each other or floating in air) but with a couple of blood pools and ghosts dying hilariously it's a fun time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Ahhh, my nightmares.

I play most Dark Souls games in a sense of heightened tension rather than outright fear, as 9 times out of 10 the thing coming at you is just another sword and shield dude so nothing to be afraid of really (Bloodborne wrecked me, btw).

Those hand things scared the living poo poo out of me the first time I encountered them, nearly leapt out of my chair. Every Black Gulch run has been a systematic burn oil - smash statue - burn oil - smash statue run for me!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

skasion posted:

The sole justifiable use of voice chat in DS2 was the one guy who used to hang out at the start of Iron Keep and if you summoned him, he would just cast Immolation on himself and then scream into his mic at the top of his lungs until he died

A solid gimmick

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP4fWbBCV4g

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

The DS2 Belfry Gargoyles are probably a top 10 hardest Souls boss for me. I don't know why, something about them just breaks my brain.

Absolutely same. I still haven't beaten them, but to be honest I haven't been back to try either.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

That's not his throne room. :colbert: Which beyond me being pedantic, I think adds to the sadness of it all. In a world where people were being shipped off to the Bastille never to return, the hollowed king didn't fare much better. Ended up naked, mindless, alone in a dark tomb, with a thin veneer of royal pomp trying to make it seem dignified.

Exactly, he's not dead but he's in the royal tomb while his Queen has essentially usurped the throne

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Emerald Harold

Nihilarian posted:

hubris hole

Learning so many new nicknames for the Herald today

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Once you've got a good stock of lifegems flask speed doesn't matter as much as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gods knew