Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Wiseblood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRf800DiOrc

From Chip Cheezum's You Testament LP, a dramatic reading of two of M Dickie's blog posts (voiced by Edwyn Tiong, who's kinda like the Steve Blum of Newgrounds). The :smug: level is off the charts.

:allears: This is magical. Is the guy reading this the same guy who did the voice acting for Dan McNeely in those horrible adventure games Retsupurae covered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, same guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc5SWv6s36c

He was in a Dragon Age game briefly, apparently, which is extremely hilarious to me.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Re: Goat Simulator

some guy on giantbomb posted:

I don't understand when and how this game got so popular. It seems so stupid. Also I don't like that games put the simulator name on things that are not simulators. This is as arcadey as it gets.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
This is the third-highest rated review for Euro Truck Simulator 2.

quote:

I must say I'm impressed. Driving a truck seems surprisingly funny, and my girlfriend too asked me lots of times "plz let me play". NO, I WON'T LET YOU PLAY. I'M THE MAN HERE, AND ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE TRUCKS. Uhn.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Kewpuh posted:

some guy cried about the ending to Metal Gear Solid 4

that guy, was me. except during, and not after.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Azurrat posted:

That's not cringe, it's a joke.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Smarmy Coworker posted:

that guy, was me. except during, and not after.

Ugh.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
you can't tell me you didn't tear up a little when snake knelt in the graveyard about to kill himself

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

AugmentedVision posted:

That's not cringe, it's a joke.

Between this and your posts in the FTL thread I'm presuming you really are an idiot or just trolling.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Smarmy Coworker posted:

you can't tell me you didn't tear up a little when snake knelt in the graveyard about to kill himself

I skipped the cutscenes.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

AugmentedVision posted:

I skipped the cutscenes.

aw
you missed out on like 30 hours of the game dude

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Tracula posted:

Between this and your posts in the FTL thread I'm presuming you really are an idiot or just trolling.

This is the most popular review for Resident Evil 4:

"In this game you play as Leanardo Dicarpo. Shooted zombies save little kawaii girl.
No black people, only spanish. Not racist."

Belongs in gamers.txt, am I right?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Smarmy Coworker posted:

aw
you missed out on like 30 hours of the game dude

That's why I have a terrible love-hate relationship with MGS games. The story is a huge selling point, but it's stupid poo poo for idiots, so I skip it. The gameplay is amazing, but there's only 4 hours of it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Smarmy Coworker posted:

No to be fair I cried too.

When the cutscene kept going and I realized it was a way too long terrible ending instead of a fitting 'Snake feels the world no longer needs soldiers like him and kills himself on the grave of the closest thing to a parent/friend/whatever he ever had, finally ending the legacy of Big Boss in the world'.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Tatum Girlparts posted:

When the cutscene kept going and I realized it was a way too long terrible ending instead of a fitting 'Snake feels the world no longer needs soldiers like him and kills himself on the grave of the closest thing to a parent/friend/whatever he ever had, finally ending the legacy of Big Boss in the world'.

90 minutes of pure pwnage my friend

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
ok honestly i'm the gamer txt here. here is a funny youtube comment to distract you from me

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

MGS4 is a textbook example of "know when to just loving end it." Having some loose ends at the end wouldve been preferable to that

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
My favorite metal gear moment is when Kojima decided having a character die via rear end (or possibly vagina, which would clearly be more tasteful) bomb was a good idea.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=828093627205123&set=a.773602212654265.1073741825.202129843134841&type=1

"Hit the bitch in the face, she prolly broke it, to have sex with you."

"This dumbass didn't even plug it in. Probably doesn't know where to put his penis either. *Hint* in her vagina!!!!!!!!!"

"Where the hell is this stockpile of hot nerdy retro-gamer girls!? I've been looking all over the USA, and still haven't found one. >:\"

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
All these guys are actually extremely cool

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
Racism, sexism and all that stuff is really good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DARPA Dad posted:

man at least put some effort into it

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

DARPA Dad posted:

Your sarcasm is the death of men's rights

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

I recently posted on the steam forums for a game called 3 Stars of Destiny to not support the developer because all of his games, especially those in the same series as his 3 Stars of Destiny series, are super creepy and misogynistic and awful and have a plot that can be summed up as "the developer's extremely dominant self-insert rescues his extremely submissive 16 year-old elf waifu from being raped by the bad guys because the bad guys plan to rape her with a dragon in order to create a stronger dragon."

Some of the responses before the developer closed the thread were pretty hilarious.

:allears: I never thought it'd turn into such a honeypot thread

all these people are cool

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't commit the crime of being hispanic and playing Dota.

My favorite part is how he assumes owning a car alone means his life is already better than theirs.

ditto

Chaltab posted:

Or that he just assumes that they're Mexican when like the majority of countries in the western hemisphere have predominantly Spanish-speaking populations.

So someone posted a promotional image of Rosalina with her suit and an ATV from Mario Kart 8. Her suit is white and is textured like leather. Of course, gamers being gamers, creepy happened.

ditto (i'm gonna jerk off my dick to this pic later)

ditto

Azurrat posted:

ditto

Tracula posted:

he's cool

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I'm sorry, ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE TRUCKS written in the middle of an obvious joke review with poor grammar is serious sexism on par with "punch that bitch in the face". I'll check my cisgender straight white male privilege and say 100 "PIV is always rape"s as punishment.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Well he's right about the first part.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Nobody wants any kind of lolicons :reddit:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You should watch Escape from L.A.

(jk nobody should watch escape from la except for the ending, which by the way is my favourite Command & Conquer cutscene)

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 7, 2014

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

AugmentedVision posted:

I'm sorry, ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE TRUCKS written in the middle of an obvious joke review with poor grammar is serious sexism on par with "punch that bitch in the face". I'll check my cisgender straight white male privilege and say 100 "PIV is always rape"s as punishment.

This thread is and has always been basically a revival of that "Safe place to talk about how much you hate cis white males" thread that turned the Games forum into an utter shithole for months afterward. So check your privilege right into killing yourself, penis-having rapist.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

This thread is and has always been basically a revival of that "Safe place to talk about how much you hate cis white males" thread that turned the Games forum into an utter shithole for months afterward. So check your privilege right into killing yourself, penis-having rapist.

e: actually this post is pretty empty just with that quote

http://www.destructoid.com/vlambeer-apologizes-for-discomfort-from-luftrausers-imagery-272948.phtml

Vlambeer wrote a pretty fantastic post apologizing to people who may have been offended by what was kind of nazi-themed imagery in their newest game Luftrausers, and of course people have to get buttmad about PC GONE MAD.

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 7, 2014

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

Adam Bowen posted:

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

TWO: Put your quotes, in quotes. So people don't think it's you spewing this awful, retarded junk! We wouldn't want that would we?

Might want to follow the rules there.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Len posted:

I got the punishtube mobile site.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

quote:

Lets keep the "cisgamers.txt" to special occasions, it's fine to smack a few shut in wizards verbally but it became routine to the point they decides to act like perverse and depraved to spite us all, I remember when Something Awful was responsible for offending the internet for the tastes of anyone while Newgrounds did the Flash equivilant. Of course, we should also probably keep the "post examples or die" just to maintain some topicality. Meanwhile...I am going to go to escapist for our favorite revolutionaries Ultrawinkle, neckbear commander of the Gamers Liberation Front.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.844254-Watch-Dogs-suffers-bullshots-scandal-Ubi-damage-control-censorship-update?page=1

quote:

Ubisoft is reportedly terrified of the backlash, and is asking gamers to trust them and that the game will look great. They offered very little physical evidence so far to support their claims even though they claimed to have actual footage of this "superior" build.

If the footage of the "real" gameplay existed, they would have posted it instead of just asking us to trust them. This is possibly the most unprofessional thing I have seen any major company do.

Now, what do you think? Is anyone else getting an Aliens Colonial Marines vibe here? I mean, yeah there are graphics downgrades but I never seen anything this drastic. If they lied that much about the graphics, I wonder what else they might have lied about. For all I know, this could end up like Duke Nukem forever, a game that was doomed by development hell.

I was planning on preordering it, but now I will wait for reviews and actual in game footage instead of this mish mash of mixed gen footage. The fact ubisoft is tight lipped and relied on twitter is really making me want to wait. They don't sound confident in their game at all if all they do is deflect, deny, and ignore. I cannot afford to drop 60$ on a dud or even an Aliens: Colonial Marines. I doubt anyone can.

If it does turn out to be that bad, I wonder what the hell watch dogs was like before they delayed it for 6 months. I always wondered why the screenshots they showed were almost non existent a couple weeks before release with no pre orders in sight anywhere. Even on steam.

I know everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off and doesn't necessarily prove anything because of hysteria, but the lackluster response from Ubisoft is making me worry. If it was last gen footage, why not just say that? Instead of insulting games from much smaller companies and saying that graphics ultimately doesn't matter? After they marketed the hell out graphics and promised mind blowing graphics?

So what do you think escapist? Has this scandal made you wait? Is it just nitpicking? Did this make you weary of Ubisoft? What are your thoughts?

YES! BE AFRAID OF OUR LONG RAGING NECKBEARDS!

quote:

I think Aliens was just a drastic overstepping of a boundary that is crossed often and not stridently by a lot of other games and their previews. But yes, Ubisoft should be afraid, because not supplying what you advertise is a sure way to get even the people who are interested to doubt you.

gyrobot fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 7, 2014

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

gyrobot posted:

Lets keep the "cisgamers.txt" to special occasions, it's fine to smack a few shut in wizards verbally
OK let's drop the 20 billion layers of sarcasm and irony going on here and get things straight. You think I'm a "shut in wizard" because, out of all the things posted ITT, I don't think "ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE TRUCKS" is particularly poor taste?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AugmentedVision posted:

OK let's drop the 20 billion layers of sarcasm and irony going on here and get things straight. You think I'm a "shut in wizard" because, out of all the things posted ITT, I don't think "ONLY MEN ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE TRUCKS" is particularly poor taste?

Well because you are kind of an insufferable rear end in a top hat about it really.

Just let it go, its not a big deal.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 7, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AugmentedVision posted:

No it's because you're posting like a really insufferable manchild. Just stop posting.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well because you are kind of an insufferable rear end in a top hat about it really.

Maybe if you got your head out of your group-thinking rear end, you'd see that I'm being perfectly reasonable.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Reposted from the old thread, I know.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

Maybe if you got your head out of your group-thinking rear end, you'd see that I'm being perfectly reasonable.

the second you use the phrase "group-think" you should really start reevaluating your position, in the argument and in life

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Alouicious posted:

the second you use the phrase "group-think" you should really start reevaluating your position, in the argument and in life

I just wanted a generic insult to point out the irony of starting out with name-calling and ending with an ostensibly mature and bigger-man "let it go". I will make more of an effort next time.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

AugmentedVision posted:

I just wanted a generic insult to point out the irony of starting out with name-calling and ending with an ostensibly mature and bigger-man "let it go". I will make more of an effort next time.

If you wanted a generic insult, you probably should have gone for one that didn't also acknowledge that everyone else thinks you're an rear end in a top hat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

If you wanted a generic insult, you probably should have gone for one that didn't also acknowledge that everyone else thinks you're an rear end in a top hat too.

I think that's clear with or without acknowledgement.

• Locked thread