Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/theantimarkofpw/status/1771723045851336859

man, they get really soft when you point out that smackdown is basically two hours of yapping these days

Absolutely nothing this ignorant motherfucker says makes any sense

Maybe come up with your points before recording your video you dorkus malorkus

“This is what you sound like to me. Oh, I like Daniel Bryan. I enjoy wrestling.”

“You just like watching moves over and over again”

what does that even mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
they're so close to achieving Vince's dream of not having wrestling anymore and the fans couldn't be more excited

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
To be fair, it wasn't just Vince's dream; Nash and Hogan also tried it twice: once in WCW, once in TNA.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone is buying fan made yarn dolls and trying to reverse engineer them so they can get in on the fan made yarn doll market.

https://twitter.com/reneiscursed/status/1772823571674567098

https://twitter.com/meloticart/status/1772769116484510090

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

something i've learned through osmosis is that the Yarn & Knitting Community does NOT gently caress around

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Film Noir Mafia Shoot

https://twitter.com/wrestlelamia/status/1772955603859562536

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

👀

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Just looks like Cody being a self-indulgent dweeb

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/bullyray5150/status/1772814877578403959?s=46

I’m pretty sure Bully Ray wasn’t as discerning when he went out to wrestle a match with Mass Transit’s blood still drying on the mat.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Huh, how bout that, the busted open radio guy who is always sucking wwe off and making GBS threads on AEW believes that the build to wrestlemania is fantastic

Probably nothing to that

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Hopefully he'll be as discerning over the use of blood next weekend at the ECW reunion show noted pedophile Rob Feinstein is putting on.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I hope in response to this, AEW just goes ham with the blood from here on out, some real ICW-NHB & FREEDOMS type stuff, DO IT Coward Tony
:doit:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The only Film Noir I've seen is Sin City 2, so this rings true to me.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

TinTower posted:

I’m pretty sure Bully Ray wasn’t as discerning when he went out to wrestle a match with Mass Transit’s blood still drying on the mat.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

he got that from hitting dudes in the dick with his forehead

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/PlatinumMax/status/1773069018762514870?t=CdwC7qI6jPRQJEw_WChXCA&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

gently caress's sake max

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

poo poo suuuuuuuuucks. It’s so lazy and tiresome.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
arlo and the wrestler muppet must fight

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Juice is still injured I think

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress off Max. God I just don't wanna see him on tv anymore.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Did anyone watch it out of morbid curiosity to see how some of these guys actually sound

forkboy84 posted:

Thank you for the mental sacrifice you are about to make

Against my better judgment I skipped around for the highlights and here's the cliff notes:

• Whole lotta ad-hoc justifications for why WWE does thing it's good, but when AEW does thing it's bad. Examples: worshipping at the altar of Punk whilst attacking the women's locker room (in general) and Mercedes (specifically) for being backstage cancers. Rock blading Cody good; Mox blading bad.
  • Fellating Vince's business acumen. Apparently he invented both weekly serial television on streaming and sports streaming.
  • Marvin is a dumbass. Apparently he used to be a WWE stockholder, which tracks. He also listens to Cornette, which again, tracks. Genuinely thinks that if MJF were to jump poo poo that he should start in NXT. Also, he thinks that Jay Lethal should be put into a world title feud in 20-fuckin'-24.
  • AEWful is either a dumbass or a racist, or both. Almost accidentally drops a racial slur when criticising Swerve for doing too many spots; also fervently disagrees with WWFCounselor (who is black) criticising WWE for never booking black talent correctly.
  • Whole lotta bellyaching about Meltzer, of course.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

Against my better judgment I skipped around for the highlights and here's the cliff notes:

• Whole lotta ad-hoc justifications for why WWE does thing it's good, but when AEW does thing it's bad. Examples: worshipping at the altar of Punk whilst attacking the women's locker room (in general) and Mercedes (specifically) for being backstage cancers. Rock blading Cody good; Mox blading bad.
  • Fellating Vince's business acumen. Apparently he invented both weekly serial television on streaming and sports streaming.
  • Marvin is a dumbass. Apparently he used to be a WWE stockholder, which tracks. He also listens to Cornette, which again, tracks. Genuinely thinks that if MJF were to jump poo poo that he should start in NXT. Also, he thinks that Jay Lethal should be put into a world title feud in 20-fuckin'-24.
  • AEWful is either a dumbass or a racist, or both. Almost accidentally drops a racial slur when criticising Swerve for doing too many spots; also fervently disagrees with WWFCounselor (who is black) criticising WWE for never booking black talent correctly.
  • Whole lotta bellyaching about Meltzer, of course.

Marvin basically begged Cornette for attention for the first few months he was making videos. I'm glad he's taking up the #Nastyism mantle of Push Jay Lethal, that's a great touch.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol that vince has managed to rewrite history for a significant amount of people that they think he invented wrestling on tv

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
The time is right to bring back Tuesday Night Titans

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TinTower posted:

I feel I need to be clear here. Cody getting colour, cool. Mox getting colour, cool. Britt Baker & Thunder Rosa getting colour? Very cool, honestly one of the cooler moments from AEW that I've seen.

I've seen a lot of criticism about Moxley blading too much & I dunno, it's not as if he's bleeding every week. One of the nerds who does graphs on how many minutes of wrestling there are on the TV shows each week should do one on how often Moxley bleeds. Because it sure feels like it can't even be once a month but I'm not watching regularly enough to know for sure.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1602136407182565383

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/PlatinumMax/status/1773061569624023353?s=20

He did this one too. I hope I never see him or hear him ever again.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm reaching "i don't care if its a bit, the bit isn't good" levels with max caster at record speeds

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah gently caress that dude. This edgelord poo poo is so lame. Hopefully it torpedoes his career!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

How did people not immediately see that Caster wasn't actually clever enough to walk the tightrope of dropping sick burns on people in modern wrestling

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
heat

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I been hating Max Caster since the first time I saw one of his entrance raps a couple years ago and everyone was mad at me but I was right

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

forkboy84 posted:

I feel I need to be clear here. Cody getting colour, cool. Mox getting colour, cool. Britt Baker & Thunder Rosa getting colour? Very cool, honestly one of the cooler moments from AEW that I've seen.

I've seen a lot of criticism about Moxley blading too much & I dunno, it's not as if he's bleeding every week. One of the nerds who does graphs on how many minutes of wrestling there are on the TV shows each week should do one on how often Moxley bleeds. Because it sure feels like it can't even be once a month but I'm not watching regularly enough to know for sure.

There was a 2 month period last year where Mox bled literally every week, or almost every week

I don't have a problem with blood but during that time period I was like "dude chill for a week please". I get that Mox likes to bleed and I respect Mox a lot but when you bleed every week it devalues it. Obviously WWE only allowing it once a year for the Mania build or whatever is dumb

Anyway my point is that AEW seems to have found a good balance on blood. They don't overuse it and it's also not a special rare thing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i want the wrestlers to bleed like its mortal kombat

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Every match should have blood

Also, ideally, light tubes and barbed wire

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TinTower posted:

There's a comment basically saying 'I'm glad that race-baiting guy got told to shut up, don't bring him back next time', which is a little sad when he's the only guy there willing to put a face to his opinions (as dumb as some of them admittedly are).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

History Comes Inside! posted:

:hai:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Justin_Brett posted:

There's a comment basically saying 'I'm glad that race-baiting guy got told to shut up, don't bring him back next time', which is a little sad when he's the only guy there willing to put a face to his opinions (as dumb as some of them admittedly are).

Wait someone actually got yelled at during this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

History Comes Inside! posted:

This is why we need Jack Perry to come back home