Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was excited to see a new thing AEW stands for.

https://twitter.com/allexwwe/status/1773265426790707628

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why do I read this thread so obsessively and just grind my own gears about these loving dumbdumbs throwing lovely little kid tantrums

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Why do I read this thread so obsessively and just grind my own gears about these loving dumbdumbs throwing lovely little kid tantrums

I feel so seen by this post

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Completely normal wrestling fan thing to do is attribute Familial status to a guy who actually despises you as a fan & wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

When you find yourself doing that instead of loling it's time to smash that unbookmark and unread button

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i cannot get mad at people thinking eric bischoff and vince russo are good now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i use this thread for research for a bad posting algorithm im perfecting

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i use this thread for research for a bad posting algorithm im perfecting

you could just read my post history

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i cannot get mad at people thinking eric bischoff and vince russo are good now

there's no world where eric bischoff booking again would be entertaining but it would be very funny to see vince russo become the booker for TNA/MLW/NWA

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
russo's sole superpower is somehow becoming booker of promotions that should know better

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I dont get mad I just laugh actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hired by TNA... fired by TNA at the request of the network... secretly rehired by TNA which was leaked by Russo sending the email to the wrong person, a wrestling journalist. TNA taken off the network... nothing is funnier than wrestling folks

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hired by TNA... fired by TNA at the request of the network... secretly rehired by TNA which was leaked by Russo sending the email to the wrong person, a wrestling journalist. TNA taken off the network... nothing is funnier than wrestling folks

The way I've introduced my non-wrestling-watching friends to #AUGUST1WARNING to the point that they now regularly reference it is proof that wrestling is quite honestly the best thing ever and so funny always

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it was so bad that fans were chanting Fire Russo every time some Russo bullshit was on screen and Dixie responded by saying if the fans changed Fire Russo one more time then she'll fire anyone who isn't Russo.

Nothing will ever be as consistently bad as TNA. The amount of opportunities they had and every single time they picked a rehash of some 90's bullshit.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 28, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dixie carter may be the dumbest person to have ever been involved in wrestling... no small feat and hell i'm impressed

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MovieMarvin/status/1773325728953631005?t=KAe0VkgDv6pjJzEWkrRclA&s=19

Every time I read a Bischoff humiliation fetish engagement bait tweet I get more and more interested in listening to the trash podcast he runs to avoid filing for bankruptcy again

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

:lmao: :lol:

:dafuq:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It is especially good when one of the things listed is not a match or even a feud at this point.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

To be fair

If you can get that label on Elons Twitter, you must be a spectacular dumbass

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The337th posted:

How did people not immediately see that Caster wasn't actually clever enough to walk the tightrope of dropping sick burns on people in modern wrestling

Back on Dark, when the Acclaimed (then heels) were feuding with the Varsity Blonds. Caster was repeatedly doing raps implying Julia was a huge slut, and then he abruptly disappeared from the show for about a month.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to the Acclaimed when/if they lose their titles to BC Gold. Just sorry that Bowens gets dragged along.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

When they mean stories, they really mean yapping contests.

It isn't enough for Ospreay and Shibata to have a match, whilst Excalibur on commentary explains both the history that both men have had in NJPW and talks about how, if Ospreay wants to prove himself as better than Danielson, then he needs to be beating the wrestlers Danielson is also beating.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I would really like to see Bowens go singles and be part of a more vitalized TNT title division

Have Cope, Orange Cassidy, Bowens, Penta, Brian cage, Claudio, wardlow, and big bill all feuding over the tnt title like the IC title in the attitude era

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/FoxedupFox/status/1773332224210825318

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm constantly fascinated by what a certain sort of "wrestling fan" things a story is.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lamuella posted:

I'm constantly fascinated by what a certain sort of "wrestling fan" things a story is.

It's where you stand around and loudly explain your character's motivation while trading bitchy comments like you're standing around the water cooler with a coworker you don't really like.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Draws implies current work

Eric has not booked since he and hogan ran TNA into the ground, right

And before that, he did not book since he was out on his rear end from wcw, right?

Why am I bothering, odds are 100% that foxed up fox didnt watch fuckin anything that bischoff booked

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love the random rear end people he picked as examples.

https://twitter.com/CaesarReeves76/status/1772367482218532901

And of course the WrestlingisKing style punctuation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lamuella posted:

It's a 30 minute promo followed by a 10 minute video package and the same two people wrestling 3-minute matches repeatedly

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/kwameKwamzz/status/1773353678646239618

dude's getting really steamed with people doing the "Mexican orphanage" bit :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

There comes a point where you have to realize that people aren't saying these things because they actually believe them or care or want answers. They're saying these things because they want to be part of a like-minded community or they're bored and want to see Number Go Up and to get Noticed. It's a cry for attention that isn't worth trying to logic out, because they don't come from a place of logic. They just want to be on The Team, whatever Team that may be. No need to get mad because that's more thought than they're putting into what they're posting really.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i agree with the above regarding people who do the generico bit

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TinTower posted:

dude's getting really steamed with people doing the "Mexican orphanage" bit :allears:

https://twitter.com/kwameKwamzz/status/1773385042233831750

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 28, 2024

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/CMatt666/status/1773397339798954192

sure vince is a rapist and human trafficker, covered up a child sex scandal, and killed owen hart due to negligence, but at least he wasnt an rear end in a top hat to someone always talking poo poo on the internet

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

i agree with the above regarding people who do the generico bit

I legit got through most of what Erin typed before I realised it wasn't this.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Nick Wilde probably would like Eric Bischoff, to be honest

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

didn't he relatively recently get re-hired by wwe to run raw or smackdown, move to Connecticut and then fired in like a month

that was pretty funny too

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

apophenium posted:

I been hating Max Caster since the first time I saw one of his entrance raps a couple years ago and everyone was mad at me but I was right

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Ringo Roadagain posted:

https://twitter.com/CMatt666/status/1773397339798954192

sure vince is a rapist and human trafficker, covered up a child sex scandal, and killed owen hart due to negligence, but at least he wasnt an rear end in a top hat to someone always talking poo poo on the internet

your options are vincent james, vincent kennedy, and nick khan

i'm pretty sure nick khan has in fact, gone after the media at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Sure, AEW got 80.000+ in Wembley but Erich Bischoff
https://twitter.com/stevenT83226545/status/1773412733641257127