Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://x.com/lifer_wwe/status/1779311431004930389?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

He keeps saying he’s mad at how the chops look, but like that’s the entire point of this spot right? Shibata is telling him hit me harder because your chops suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

The_Rob posted:

https://x.com/lifer_wwe/status/1779311431004930389?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

He keeps saying he’s mad at how the chops look, but like that’s the entire point of this spot right? Shibata is telling him hit me harder because your chops suck.

I hate AEW and their wrestlers are bad! ***watches AEW***

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Rob posted:

I was going to post “someone tell me the difference between this spot and hogan’s hulking up spot”, but

Oh, well, if the difference is “AEW bad”, then that all makes sense

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
@lifer_wwe

Jesus Christ

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

@lifer_wwe

Jesus Christ

Don’t worry, he is exactly as bad as you think

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

rotinaj posted:

Brags about having a black card (TJ Maxx credit card)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

We gotta do something about those Dallas cowboys fans.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Dallas Cowboys fan, somehow has never seen when NFL players do everything they can to casually no sell getting tackled to psych out the other team

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s just funny to watch a match where the story is that the dude is running out of gas so the chops aren’t being effective which leads to shibata no selling and telling him to hit harder, and to not understand the story of the match. It just shows how wwe has ruined the idea of “storytelling” in pro wrestling.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

The_Rob posted:

It’s just funny to watch a match where the story is that the dude is running out of gas so the chops aren’t being effective which leads to shibata no selling and telling him to hit harder, and to not understand the story of the match. It just shows how wwe has ruined the idea of “storytelling” in pro wrestling.

The only "storytelling" they understand is when the wrestlers just stand in the ring screaming what the story is at each other.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

The only "storytelling" they understand is when the wrestlers just stand in the ring screaming what the story is at each other.

Don’t forget staring at your hands for a solid minute and a half after a kickout

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Bring back squash matches and have the person going over be the most boring wrestlers on the roster.

"It's good actually" ~ StandUpForWWE2009

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Drakkel posted:

Also when one of them has a hurt leg, and the other wins by targeting and hurting the leg.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Leslie Lee Three is extremely smart, which is why he brags about his MA. He would never think an obvious joke is real..

https://twitter.com/AlmostBirthday/status/1779300252639506880

https://twitter.com/AlmostBirthday/status/1779555274623254599

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

rotinaj posted:

Don’t forget staring at your hands for a solid minute and a half after a kickout

Also we can't forget "Selling" which is when every single move ends in both guys laying on the mat writhing for 15 minutes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The337th posted:

Dallas Cowboys fan, somehow has never seen when NFL players do everything they can to casually no sell getting tackled to psych out the other team

*watches Derrick Henry stiff-arm a guy into the Earth's core*

What the gently caress, he's no-selling the tackle, where's the psychology, this is indie garbage

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Drakkel posted:

Also we can't forget "Selling" which is when every single move ends in both guys laying on the mat writhing for 15 minutes

Also adrenaline/fighting spirit spots are disrespectful wrestlers going into business for themselves and intentionally making their opponents look weak. Same with kicking out of anything at 1

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tampa Bae posted:

it's just a shame that all those rad highlight videos to 2000s hard rock are a lost art, that was the best way to learn about any wrestler

I miss the mid 2000s youtube vids that were TOP 30 Moves Of *insert random indie wrestler*. It's how figured out who every PWG guy was since I couldn't watch it anywhere

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

super macho dude posted:

I miss the mid 2000s youtube vids that were TOP 30 Moves Of *insert random indie wrestler*. It's how figured out who every PWG guy was since I couldn't watch it anywhere

remember when like half of every wrestlers Wikipedia page was an exhaustive collection of moves they did? that kicked rear end

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

shiksa posted:

remember when like half of every wrestlers Wikipedia page was an exhaustive collection of moves they did? that kicked rear end

Big fan of the inverted sitout chinlock facebuster (commonly known as the Stone Cold Stunner)

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

super macho dude posted:

These videos rocked

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I just watched a bunch of gifs of Danielson killing Jigsaw with elbows and listened to songs my friend made about Jimmy Loves Lacey and the Kingston Bundle Up promo. Then I watched 240p ManyCam streams of ROH and CHIKARA streams on justin.tv. Combine those with some bad quality "Top 10 moves" videos and YouShoot clips and you have a good education right there. :hai:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/Nomad835/status/1779585830614434159

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Ringo Roadagain posted:

These videos rocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxM7OnPEoLo

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmao i love the gun stun too but this is beyond cope

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I'm starting to think the way the Internet makes everyone think of themselves as a personal brand is bad somehow

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

super macho dude posted:

People still make them all the time if you look for them.

https://youtu.be/BrxAS6msHR4?si=w2nxJEzdLgU3uFs9

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm starting to think the way the Internet makes everyone think of themselves as a personal brand is bad somehow

haha i am like if a wrestling fan was a heel :smug:

- guy who hasn't had a casual conversation with a friend in 15+ years

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheWorldClassBS/status/1779351529410961519

Tony: *does a hype speech for ROH at 11pm*
Twitter: is this a meltdown?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TinTower posted:

Tony: *does a hype speech for ROH at 11pm*
Twitter: is this a meltdown?

And then he snitch tags AEW and Tony.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hanging around at 11PM to be performatively mad at a place I paid to be

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hanging around at 11PM to be performatively mad at a place I paid to be

this is what i dont get about these guys. you spent money and your entire saturday to sit around and hate something? literally nothing better to do with a free saturday evening? and this owns tony khan how?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

go ahead... give tony your money, marks

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

that is particularly pathetic, lol

yelling how they obviously won't be watching the product while being there in attendance

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

shiksa posted:

this is what i dont get about these guys. you spent money and your entire saturday to sit around and hate something? literally nothing better to do with a free saturday evening? and this owns tony khan how?

And there's so many of them! I don't think I've ever gone to a large live show where there wasn't one dude in earshot who spent the entire thing just sadly trying to pop their friends with just miserable angry jokes. Angry poo poo about the promotion, the wrestlers, so loving much about women. They always have encyclopedic knowledge of every person on the card, knowing all the indie no name jobbers there for the day, and the most dogshit opinions about all of it.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Those tickets were pretty expensive, too! Like drat I wish I had had the time and money to go to that show instead of inexplicably sitting around and pretending to be mad that I'm getting my money's worth. Clown shoes material. I would have loved to be there. It's so bizarre and miserable. Why even go to a live show at that point if you're not there to hoot and holler?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

super macho dude posted:

Wasnt the channel called tigerdriver something? Maybe 98

fake edit: oh my god they're still making videos this rules

https://www.youtube.com/@ThunderFilez/videos

shiksa posted:

Yeah and then some weirdos became high level wikipedia editors and would do the most petty stuff like refusing to give zack ryder his own wiki page like 10 years into his career, and they also removed the entrance themes which was super interesting to me because they didn't want to turn wikipedia into "giant lists"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the purging of the wrestling move lists on Wikipedia was the worst violence against human knowing since the burning of the Library of Alexandria imo

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Those lists were really helpful for making CAWs in wrestling games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

On the other hand, people did also try to add "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" as one of Kenny Omega's former ring-names, so...