Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

As someone who actually enjoyed Tama's single matches over the last few years in New Japan....This is still crazy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Trying posted:

the purging of the wrestling move lists on Wikipedia was the worst violence against human knowing since the burning of the Library of Alexandria imo

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The theme lists being purged was the worst. Thankfully Xylot Themes still exists, even if the person running it seems to have become a Twitter Reply Guy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tampa Bae posted:

Wasnt the channel called tigerdriver something? Maybe 98

fake edit: oh my god they're still making videos this rules

https://www.youtube.com/@ThunderFilez/videos

Yeah and then some weirdos became high level wikipedia editors and would do the most petty stuff like refusing to give zack ryder his own wiki page like 10 years into his career, and they also removed the entrance themes which was super interesting to me because they didn't want to turn wikipedia into "giant lists"

The real reason is because they wanted people to move to Fandom. It's happened to a ton of stuff over the years, not just wrestler's pages. There was a point where every single Pokemon had it's own page, every single mobile suit in Gundam, and so on, and so forth.

Y'see, Fandom was founded by one of the Wikipedia founders. One of these two sites has ads and makes money. The other does not. Guess which one they'd rather people use?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://x.com/eliteclubs0b/status/1779595932327452958?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

When people don’t know what drawing is.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Trying posted:

the purging of the wrestling move lists on Wikipedia was the worst violence against human knowing since the burning of the Library of Alexandria imo

I'm pretty sure I still have my printed out copy of the Death Valley Driver wrestling moves list somewhere in my storage. That thing was a godsend for playing E-Wrestling.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

"Draw" is right up there with "Psychology" and "Selling" in terms of "Words the IWC uses constantly and literally not a single motherfucker understands what it actually means"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hanging around at 11PM to be performatively mad at a place I paid to be

going to a concert and staying past the encore to boo relentlessly

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

WWE fans getting tired of Cody and demanding a new toy be made champion in about a week is wild.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

little munchkin posted:

going to a concert and staying past the encore to boo relentlessly

I think this is the funniest part to me. Like not only did this guy pay for tickets he also stayed past a likely ROH taped opener, live Collision, and Battle of the Belts, and instead of just, I dunno, leaving during BOTB he stayed to boo at the concept of getting more matches for the ticket price. lol

Like I get it if you're tired or there's traffic or whatever but just bite the bullet and leave at that point man

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I think this is the funniest part to me. Like not only did this guy pay for tickets he also stayed past a likely ROH taped opener, live Collision, and Battle of the Belts, and instead of just, I dunno, leaving during BOTB he stayed to boo at the concept of getting more matches for the ticket price. lol

Like I get it if you're tired or there's traffic or whatever but just bite the bullet and leave at that point man

Just walk out!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

A Fancy Hat posted:

WWE fans getting tired of Cody and demanding a new toy be made champion in about a week is wild.

I'm more impressed that they're latching onto the guy that's been the Bloodline's job guy for the past year and a half, doesn't talk, and only exists to do run-ins in Roman matches.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Just walk out!

But then you miss the ability to create CONTENT for Twitter and get to interact with some of the worst people alive! Why wouldn’t you want that?!?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestleWomp/status/1779606615055863829

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

If Sean Ross is Cyclops then who's Wolverine?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

As someone who actually enjoyed Tama's single matches over the last few years in New Japan....This is still crazy lol

Okada and Will never got possessed by the Iron Fingers, checkmate athiests

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

yes, for the love of god, have solo cut cody's legs out from under him, please

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Trying posted:

Blatant 'in anime' section being removed from the page for crucifixion erasure

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I've been on the floor at AEW shows and been by seperate people who paid good money to, among other things: constantly ask who everyone is, chant "let's go Ambrose" at Moxley, loudly use Cornette names for wrestlers and namedrop him, spend the whole show saying how every move made no sense to hurt someone, and yell at the younger stars that some random other wrestler was better. like paying $20 for a nosebleed is one thing but why shell out for something you don't like?

my gf at the time left our first show hating other wrestling fans, and hell,

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

A Fancy Hat posted:

Next week Roman beats Cody in a rematch and holds the belt for another five years.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Drakkel posted:

"Draw" is right up there with "Psychology" and "Selling" in terms of "Words the IWC uses constantly and literally not a single motherfucker understands what it actually means"

Yeah drawing is when you get popular on a thing that doesn’t make money.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

VideoWitch posted:

If Sean Ross is Cyclops then who's Wolverine?

The mortgage grifter if we're going by how often he shows up in a month.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The theme lists being purged was the worst. Thankfully Xylot Themes still exists, even if the person running it seems to have become a Twitter Reply Guy.

Two different folks - a dude named Eddie stole the twitter account from the owner of the website.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Are they still saying Beepie was a huge coup or have they stopped caring?

Has he even debuted?

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 15, 2024

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whoolighams posted:

I've been on the floor at AEW shows and been by seperate people who paid good money to, among other things: constantly ask who everyone is, chant "let's go Ambrose" at Moxley, loudly use Cornette names for wrestlers and namedrop him, spend the whole show saying how every move made no sense to hurt someone, and yell at the younger stars that some random other wrestler was better. like paying $20 for a nosebleed is one thing but why shell out for something you don't like?

my gf at the time left our first show hating other wrestling fans, and hell,

I was in club seats last TD Garden show and we had that type of guy in our row

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I was in club seats last TD Garden show and we had that type of guy in our row

I was not!!!!!!!!!!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

those bruv grapes were probably sour anyway

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Trying posted:

Japanese Wikipedia still have signature moves

English Wikipedia editors are loving goofs. I mean look at this (through Google translate), it doesn't just say that Misawa did a dropkick it explains "In Misawa's case, he would drop kick his opponent at the beginning of the match, and use it to gauge his physical condition, physical strength, and fatigue that day"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

forkboy84 posted:

English Wikipedia editors are loving goofs. I mean look at this (through Google translate), it doesn't just say that Misawa did a dropkick it explains "In Misawa's case, he would drop kick his opponent at the beginning of the match, and use it to gauge his physical condition, physical strength, and fatigue that day"

we live in an age of wonders

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ryusuke Taguchi often peruses his own Wikipedia page to remember moves he hasn't used in a while

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Other advantage of Japanese Wikipedia page for wrestling: The articles don't all start with the same paragraph explaining that wrestling to a 4 year old: "X featured Y professional wrestling matches with wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines."

Dumbos

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

The big moves also go into some real detail as well. The longer explanations for his moves like the Elbow Strike or the Emerald Flowsion explains when he started using the move, the variations that exist, the occasions in which he'll rip out said variations, and how the way he delivers the move had changed over the course of his career. The Elbow Strike even names a specific match in which the move started to be seen as his legitimate finisher (a trios match on the 26th of May, 1990, when he teamed with Taue and Kobashi against Tsuruta, The Great Kabuki and Fuchi, where he knocked Tsuruta out with an elbow strike).

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Didn't this change because some wikipedia mod ran his own private wrestling wiki, so he aggressively cut down entries so to drive traffic to his own site?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

keithy george posted:

Didn't this change because some wikipedia mod ran his own private wrestling wiki, so he aggressively cut down entries so to drive traffic to his own site?

I have heard this before, yes. Seems believable, someone involved in Wikia/Fandom, somehow having editorial control over Wikipedia makes sense.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I still miss the old ROH forums and its meticulously maintained list of entrance themes :(

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

maruhkati posted:

Are they still saying Beepie was a huge coup or have they stopped caring?

Has he even debuted?
He's debuted on NXT, and has wrestled the majority of his WWE-contracted matches on the Florida house show loop. He won his first two TV matches, then lost his PLE debut in December to Carmelo Hayes. From there he feuded with rookies in the "Breakout Tournament", attacking one of them with a chair to steal his spot in the rookie tournament(?) before losing in the second round because his victim attacked HIM with a chair. He got revenge by beating both of them (the chair guy, and the guy he lost to because of the chair guy) in subsequent weeks, then got squashed like a prelim guy in a title match against the eventual Breakout Tournament winner. He's now feuding with Von Wagner and his lil buddy and appears to be going 50/50 with them. He did not make it onto the February or Wrestlemania weekend PLEs.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

forkboy84 posted:

I have heard this before, yes. Seems believable, someone involved in Wikia/Fandom, somehow having editorial control over Wikipedia makes sense.

Vandar posted:

The real reason is because they wanted people to move to Fandom. It's happened to a ton of stuff over the years, not just wrestler's pages. There was a point where every single Pokemon had it's own page, every single mobile suit in Gundam, and so on, and so forth.

Y'see, Fandom was founded by one of the Wikipedia founders. One of these two sites has ads and makes money. The other does not. Guess which one they'd rather people use?

:v:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Nobody walks away looking good in a social media fight about professional wrestling, but "Go watch Agents of Shield" is absolutely savage

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1780058728953164068?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

i know a lot of people think long covid fried leslie's brain but he's always been this stupid