Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I'd heel hook punk so fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
CM Punk, trained UFC fighter, still waited until Jack Perry was adjusting his hair and unguarded before he went for a punch that didn't even knock Perry down before bum rushing him and getting him in a front face lock that Perry got out of.

Punk trained for a year with a field of experts after years for being a white belt and he couldn't even get a decisive win over Luke Perry's kid. He's objectively bad at MMA. Before that he'd do interviews whining that he got tapped out by off duty cops who made jokes about beating the World champ.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 24, 2024

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I love when you’re trying to defend someone and it just comes off as you saying they suck.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Who are you to doubt that this man is a registered lethal weapon

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Miching Mallecho posted:

Who are you to doubt that this man is a registered lethal weapon

You need to show the rest of the gif, where Punk bursts into flame and launches a perfect Tiger Uppercut. He knew what he was doing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can we get shoot Punk vs. Steve Blackman

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

beepo posted:

I'd heel hook punk so fast

maybe that was the issue, he thought jack perry should have been the face in that feud

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

Can we get shoot Punk vs. Steve Blackman

I think 60 year old Steve Blackman can still beat punk’s fuckin’ rear end nowadays

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rotinaj posted:

I think 60 year old Steve Blackman can still beat punk’s fuckin’ rear end nowadays

Yeah that's why I want to see it

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

id pick any elder millennial who was decently successful as a high school wrestler and weighs 200-ish pounds to beat phil in a fight. if you say "double leg" at him, he falls to the ground and does his best impression of a turtle trying to get off its back and gets misty eyed in frustration as he fails to do so

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah that's why I want to see it

:sickos:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

People love bad ideas from the attitude era so I think there’s a solid case to see Punk v Butterbean and see if his head pops off like a rock em sock em robot

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

History Comes Inside! posted:

People love bad ideas from the attitude era so I think there’s a solid case to see Punk v Butterbean and see if his head pops off like a rock em sock em robot

Butterbean is on that DDP Yoga recovery plan, Punk better watch his rear end

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol remember the story where someone goads CM Punk into saying he could go toe to toe with Brock Lesner and Shelton Benjamin while on Vince McMahon's airplane and got destroyed very quickly by both men?

Edit: it was Bobby Lashley and Shelton, which is equally as baffling.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bart Gunn might still have a deadly punch, maybe he can get wheeled out to murder Charles Montgomery punk

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lol remember the story where someone goads CM Punk into saying he could go toe to toe with Brock Lesner and Shelton Benjamin while on Vince McMahon's airplane and got destroyed very quickly by both men?

Edit: it was Bobby Lashley and Shelton, which is equally as baffling.

1) god drat phil sit down son 2) I cannot imagine its good, normal, or expected for airplanes to deal with 200-250 lb men to have tussling matches on them, with the state of planes nowadays its shocking a wwe plane hasn't just fallen out of the air because someone decided they were going to try and put a hammer lock on when they hit a turbulent patch

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

1) god drat phil sit down son 2) I cannot imagine its good, normal, or expected for airplanes to deal with 200-250 lb men to have tussling matches on them, with the state of planes nowadays its shocking a wwe plane hasn't just fallen out of the air because someone decided they were going to try and put a hammer lock on when they hit a turbulent patch

The argument used to be that the door to an airplane is being held on by the ridiculous amount of pressure differential

Being as that is apparently not as impossible to defeat, considering the Boeing door airplane, I wonder if that changes people’s attitudes vs the Brock/perfect wrestling match on the plane ride from hell

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RedeemDeezNutzz/status/1782488278211416535

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

shiksa posted:

I have to assume that Vince's private jet is exactly like the Money Plane (from the motion picture Money Plane) and it has been specially fitted/reinforced to support mid-air combat, among other things.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Brave stuff from dirtsheets.net

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cult of Pies posted:

Brave stuff from dirtsheets.net

cheating to use facebook.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Seeing someone praise this finish made me think "Vince Russo deserves his flowers."

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1782927016939106321

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Seeing someone praise this finish made me think "Vince Russo deserves his flowers."

The little suplex driver thing is cool, but that 450 is trash.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

MassRafTer posted:

Why didn't they just do "toss wrestler out after they hit their finisher" and steal the win that way, the way it's been done for decades at this point. It's simple,quicker, and there isn't that weird pause after the first 2 count that happens because you want to do that bridging pin :psyduck:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Why didn't they just do "toss wrestler out after they hit their finisher" and steal the win that way, the way it's been done for decades at this point. It's simple,quicker, and there isn't that weird pause after the first 2 count that happens because you want to do that bridging pin :psyduck:

What they did was surprising and cool. :shrug:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

lmao

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

just wanna grill ffs

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:five:

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MassRafTer posted:

Two things:

1) the woman who did the 450 has real "We have Rhea Ripley at home" energy.

2) Who's the dope that decided a heel Rok-C was a good idea?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Does it count as a 450 if you actually land and then fall on your opponent? Pretty sure that's just a 360 nothing, then a splash?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

a dumb moron posted:

Two things:

1) the woman who did the 450 has real "We have Rhea Ripley at home" energy.

2) Who's the dope that decided a heel Rok-C was a good idea?

1) Tatum Paxley (lol) is more of a knock-off Victoria imo

2) It's really bad and even worse than the Cora Jade heel turn AND her mic skills have turned into complete dogshit as well. She was never tops on the mic but at least she had some awkward babyface energy when she spoke.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

*Bryan Alvarez-ly* TAY-TUMM PAX-LEE

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

super macho dude posted:

2) It's really bad and even worse than the Cora Jade heel turn AND her mic skills have turned into complete dogshit as well. She was never tops on the mic but at least she had some awkward babyface energy when she spoke.

She has a Willow vibe to her where she looks like a natural babyface.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Dimebags Brain posted:

*Bryan Alvarez-ly* TAY-TUMM PAX-LEE

she has a twisted and disturbed mind or so I’ve heard

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

8 in the Tokyo Dome. :colbert:

(Incidentally, I cannot wait for Meltzer to break the internet on Friday morning when he drops the stars for Bruv/Goat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

She (by which I mean the one that I assume is Tatum Paxley, haver of a sick and twisted mind, apparently) landed on her feet first. Can't imagine that'll do one's joints any favours.