Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sticklefifer posted:

It's pretty creepy to track down a guy's address and then teach your kid it's okay to stalk someone and shove things into his mail slot. Mail it to him if you really just can't resist, but don't come to his front door.

Or maybe the kid wanted his favorite wrestler CM Punk to have a happy easter and the parent made a dubious call to make a silly fantasy come true because CM Punk's home location is not hard information to come by on the internet.

I know presuming motive and mindset of people based on two or fewer sentences of information is par for the course around here, but I don't think we should assume a Lotion On It's Skin scenario based on literary nothing. These fans most likely have boundary issues and poor social skills but I doubt most of them are complete sociopaths. John Lenon had a lot of "crazy," fans that probably qualified as stalkers but only one ended up being "that one."

That being said, it does only take one. Which is why Punk is being a stubborn idiot about a bodyguard. He doesn't need one forever, just for a few years until he's out of the public eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

Or maybe the kid wanted his favorite wrestler CM Punk to have a happy easter and the parent made a dubious call to make a silly fantasy come true because CM Punk's home location is not hard information to come by on the internet.

I know presuming motive and mindset of people based on two or fewer sentences of information is par for the course around here, but I don't think we should assume a Lotion On It's Skin scenario based on literary nothing. These fans most likely have boundary issues and poor social skills but I doubt most of them are complete sociopaths. John Lenon had a lot of "crazy," fans that probably qualified as stalkers but only one ended up being "that one."

That being said, it does only take one. Which is why Punk is being a stubborn idiot about a bodyguard. He doesn't need one forever, just for a few years until he's out of the public eye.

found a good post for this thread

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

epitasis posted:

found a good post for this thread

If "Not every person who acts inappropriately towards a celebrity is a serial killer and CM Punk should get a bodyguard just to be safe" is a Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinion, sign me up for being a Stupid Wrestling Fan.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Looks like we found one of the guys camping out next to Punks garbage cans.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

If "Not every person who acts inappropriately towards a celebrity is a serial killer and CM Punk should get a bodyguard just to be safe" is a Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinion, sign me up for being a Stupid Wrestling Fan.

Honestly, you could post pretty much anything you say in this thread.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Endorph posted:

The end of that quote sounds like Tim Buckley talking about miscarriages.

Losing Kazarian is often harder on the fan than on the TNA.
I'm not even thirsty man. *puts down appletini*

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Well I wouldn't want to be stupid so I guess I'll just start assuming every person I see on the street is a murderer and yet also argue that I don't need any protection from them. Also make all my other posts the exact opposite I guess.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

It's pretty creepy to track down a guy's address and then teach your kid it's okay to stalk someone and shove things into his mail slot. Mail it to him if you really just can't resist, but don't come to his front door.

those kids probably live in his building

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So they're already close by to strike. Rip punk.

child murdered punk

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

Well I wouldn't want to be stupid so I guess I'll just start assuming every person I see on the street is a murderer and yet also argue that I don't need any protection from them. Also make all my other posts the exact opposite I guess.

Nobody said anything about murderers, Captain Hyberbole. But it is creepy. It would be just as creepy if someone tracked down AJ Lee's address to hand-deliver flowers to her because they saw her on TV and had a crush on her. The way it's written, it sounds like he came home to find them at his door. After thousands of fans hound you all day, every day, no matter where you go, and one of them tracks you down and is standing between you and your front door while putting unknown things into it, you're supposed to smile and say thank you and have a pleasant chat? Or do you tell them to leave you alone? Now imagine if 500 people did the same thing. If he lets one person do it without complaint, that gives free license for everyone else to do it. You have as poor a grasp of personal boundaries as these people do.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

sticklefifer posted:

Nobody said anything about murderers, Captain Hyberbole. But it is creepy. It would be just as creepy if someone tracked down AJ Lee's address to hand-deliver flowers to her because they saw her on TV and had a crush on her. The way it's written, it sounds like he came home to find them at his door. After thousands of fans hound you all day, every day, no matter where you go, and one of them tracks you down and is standing between you and your front door while putting unknown things into it, you're supposed to smile and say thank you and have a pleasant chat? Or do you tell them to leave you alone? Now imagine if 500 people did the same thing. If he lets one person do it without complaint, that gives free license for everyone else to do it. You have as poor a grasp of personal boundaries as these people do.

My grasp of personal boundaries is fine. I for example don't put candy in celebrity mailboxes in my spare time.

To me describing fan behavior to celebrities specifically as "creepy" had a strong connotation of malevolent intent, so I think people should be careful about using it. Forgive me for thinking its maybe a little wrong for the first assumption being that a crazy stalker parentis teaching their child to be a crazy stalker instead of entertaining the possibility of a more innocuous motive for what, to be clear, I still think is clearly not an OK thing to do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna rub myself all over CM Punk, is that ok with you two?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

coconono posted:

I wanna rub myself all over CM Punk, is that ok with you two?

As long as you don't have a fistful of candy or flowers it's fine. Oh and it has to be at your place. CM is on the DL.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Clearly CM Punk should detonate Chicago, it's the only way he can be sure that a child will not shoot him (???)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CM Punk is Omar

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

sportsgenius86 posted:

CM Punk is Omar

Massively overrated by really annoying fans who won't stop talking about him?

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 13, 2014

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bard Maddox posted:

lol your fave char is probably like herc or somethin shut the gently caress up

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

yea ok posted:

lol your fave char is probably like herc or somethin shut the gently caress up

It's D'Angelo motherfucker

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sanguinia posted:

John Lenon had a lot of "crazy," fans that probably qualified as stalkers but only one ended up being "that one."
Am I the only person who is able to point out that it only takes one "that one" to kill John LennonCelebrity Misfortune Punk

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

Look I liked the red haired girl as much as anyone but Omar was a solid host for Wild and Crazy Kids.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Herc is a pretty great character Omar is like a trenchcoat gay-Neo superhero or something

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Its Cheese

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

herc was cooler in oz when he died from having a cell phone

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yea ok posted:

herc was cooler in oz when he died from having a cell phone

I liked when that guy from Biohazard was possessed and killed Timmy who was possessed by Satan by electrocuting him with a lighting rig from the fashion magazine photo shoot about inmates on death row

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

MassRafTer posted:

Look I liked the red haired girl as much as anyone but Omar was a solid host for Wild and Crazy Kids.

This is a good post, and I give it a rating of Awesome (as opposed to Cool or Bogus)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

HulkaMatt please change my username to Donnie Jeffcoat

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tharizdun posted:

Am I the only person who is able to point out that it only takes one "that one" to kill John LennonCelebrity Misfortune Punk

No, that's why immediately after that in that same post he said

Sanguinia posted:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

MassRafTer posted:

gently caress that. He was put in that spot for hopeful Gooding crossover. Politics, brother.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Maybe Punk doesn't want a bodyguard because they probably aren't cheap to have around.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The solution is for him to let his contract expired, then sign with TNA. Those fans stalking him would quickly lose interest in him real fast.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Maybe Punk doesn't want a bodyguard because they probably aren't cheap to have around.
Mason Ryan is looking for work.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Davros1 posted:

The solution is for him to let his contract expired, then sign with TNA. Those fans stalking him would quickly lose interest in him real fast.

Or they would get even crazier.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
From today's WO daily update:

quote:

--On yesterday's show we mistakenly said Cedric Alexander beat Adam Page in the pre-show at the ROH card. It was actually his former tag partner Caprice Coleman. We got different reports today saying it was Alexander, Coleman and Tadarius Thomas.

Spoiler: Cedric Alexander, Caprice Coleman and Tadarius Thomas are all black.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Meat Recital posted:

From today's WO daily update:

Spoiler: Cedric Alexander, Caprice Coleman and Tadarius Thomas are all black.

That's awful. Beyond none of these men looking alike, at least one of them, Caprice, wears tights whereas the other two, if I remember correctly, exclusively wear trunks these days.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SylvainMustach posted:

That's awful. Beyond none of these men looking alike, at least one of them, Caprice, wears tights whereas the other two, if I remember correctly, exclusively wear trunks these days.

I can maybe understand getting Coleman and Alexander confused since they used to be tag partners until recently, but Tadarius looks nothing like either of them.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jECVumkeg

A dumbass TNA fan (a bit of a oxymoron there but whatever) actually created a top ten greatest and ten worst Dixie Carter moments.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SylvainMustach posted:

Bobby Cruise was impossible to hear for the preshow so unless you know who is who on the roster it'd be guesswork on who was in the match. Trying to remember it later I was left with "Uh, the white Decade young boy... Adam Everett? No wait I think he's the one who does cool poo poo..." I don't really blame whoever it was who sent in the report.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

I can maybe understand getting Coleman and Alexander confused since they used to be tag partners until recently, but Tadarius looks nothing like either of them.

The TaDarius thing came from a joke post someone made in the show thread on the board that the match was Adam Cole vs. Thomas. Clearly, it went over Dave's head.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

People will tell you that density is just Dave's sense of humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ehh gently caress it. It was worse than an Asylum post but rules, etc.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 20, 2014