Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VideoWitch posted:

ah he chose the cowards defense.

He's not lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
WWE is cinema.

And by cinema, I specifically mean Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

why are they obessed with professional wrestling being cinematic

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Not only do WWE fans want to be the 1 Wrestling company they want it to be viewed as high art and the praise of it. They 100% want to have the Bloodline and Cody vs Seth be shown next to The Seventh Seal

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There’s been an explosion in blue check X accounts in the last couple years or so called like GrapplePals or WrassleLads and I guess they’re podcasts or something but they all just talk about how cool the fed is and I want to know where they all came from

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Seams posted:

There’s been an explosion in blue check X accounts in the last couple years or so called like GrapplePals or WrassleLads and I guess they’re podcasts or something but they all just talk about how cool the fed is and I want to know where they all came from

they came from twitter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

one of the funny things is when podcasts complain about AEW and how the crowd was dead during a show but then you look at the clip and the crowd was marking out

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TinTower posted:

WWE is cinema.

You take that back. Zack Snyder's Justice League is worth watching.

WWE is cinema like Cannibal Holocaust is cinema - liked by freaks, is the creation of a complete piece of poo poo and is actually loving terrible and boring as poo poo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

wwe is one of the bad full moon video movies that is just stock footage

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TinTower posted:

WWE is cinema.

think you mean joss whedon's

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they have inherited vince's will for the fed to be an entertainment/movie business

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/TRiLLTF/status/1772446203088634130

you shouldnt be doing that indie people only our people

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1772551947796537849?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That's just words from a person

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Why I Will Never Watch AEW: A WWE Fan's Manifesto."

quote:

I've never seen the Young Bucks or Kenny Omega wrestle and I blame Tony Khan for that.

quote:

now that WWE is basically perfect, there is no need for an alternative.

quote:

There is no place in wrestling for dishonest people,

quote:

I have never seen an AEW match, but from what I understand they are basically just a series of dangerous botches.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Going back to food YouTube y'all really should do a deep dive on the cooking with Jack show. He's been doing it since 2009 and my daughter and I have watched almost every episode and it's like watching a man die in real time.

He's had 3 strokes and at this point he thinks it's because of all the fruits and vegetables he ate because the government uses poisonous pesticides. Now he's on that carnivore poo poo

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The funniest saddest part is the comments with people taking it seriously.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If we can't trust "Boney Danza" we are truly lost

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY4JI9DoE70&t=15s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/MarcNumber7/status/1772587437757243757?t=jeWHdz26CUKITmCv11G6xg&s=19

Comment is another common dumb ratings one (RJ and Johnny were amazing on this one)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

WWE is cinema.

Wait, WWE is good now????

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Among one of his most minor sins is Heyman saying The Bloodline story deserved an Emmy. People tried to call him to verify this but just got his roommate Dave.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Lid posted:

think you mean joss whedon's

Nah, Vince's WWE was Josstice League.

Current WWE is ZSJL; marginally better but people are confusing "slightly less mid" with "pure unadulterated art".

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

current wwe is Corman fantastic four, not for public consumption

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

sorry i ment all wwe

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Suplex Liberace posted:

that movie kicks rear end gently caress you!!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Yep. It's this. Vince thinks that movies are the highest art form and has brainwashed the fanbase into thinking the same thing, just like he has with "wrestling on the wrestling show is bad, actually" and all the other dumb poo poo they say

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not only do WWE fans want to be the 1 Wrestling company they want it to be viewed as high art and the praise of it. They 100% want to have the Bloodline and Cody vs Seth be shown next to The Seventh Seal

Also this

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

"There's no place in Wrestling for dishonest people" is beautiful, put it in the lourve

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

"There's no place in Wrestling for dishonest people" is beautiful, put it in the lourve

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

motherfucker the entire sport was built on deceiving the audience thats why you're a mark

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm going to the Louvre next week, I'll put it there

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yep. It's this. Vince thinks that movies are the highest art form and has brainwashed the fanbase into thinking the same thing, just like he has with "wrestling on the wrestling show is bad, actually" and all the other dumb poo poo they say

I take issue with the bolded bit, because I don't think Vince truly understands or appreciates any form of art. I think he simply wanted to self-mythologize himself into something "better" than a multi-millionaire carnie, saw movie producers as the closest analog to what he was doing and ran with that idea. Do that long enough and, brother, you'll work yourself into a shoot.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

JethroMcB posted:

I take issue with the bolded bit, because I don't think Vince truly understands or appreciates any form of art. I think he simply wanted to self-mythologize himself into something "better" than a multi-millionaire carnie, saw movie producers as the closest analog to what he was doing and ran with that idea. Do that long enough and, brother, you'll work yourself into a shoot.

That's fair

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Part of said problem is that WWF/WWE was running without any big competition or at least palpable alternative for so long that it made easy to brainwash way too many people. TNA got decent popularity but let be honest, and as much as I liked it from 2005 to 2009ish, it never was a solid alternative. Then of course Bischoff and Hogan ran it to the ground killing any chance of.

Nowadays you get two types of Vince pilled fan: the North American one (usually a chud, chances are they still think attitude era is the best ever) and the middle-east/asia fan that basically got no exposure to anything else ever and grabs WWE as way of western life (or worse). Note that I say Vince pilled fan, you get the usual fed fan that only watches WWE, despises the actual wrestling and loves Bloodline so anything that moves faster than Hogan is just "acrobatics".

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 26, 2024

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince McMahon is a Lorne Michaels cosplayer

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

quote:

I have never seen an AEW match, but from what I understand they are basically just a series of dangerous botches.

who stole my quote

show yourself coward i want my quote back

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah, as far as I know Vince barely watches movies. He famously thought Scott Hall doing Tony Montana was an original bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, as far as I know Vince barely watches movies. He famously thought Scott Hall doing Tony Montana was an original bit.

He wanted PAC to be Mighty Mouse because that's how old his frame of reference for media was