Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
MRT noo

https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1783260260599296343?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Seeing someone praise this finish made me think "Vince Russo deserves his flowers."

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1782927016939106321

I'm always happy to poo poo on WWE but there was nothing wrong with that finish other than the sloppy 450

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

deleted!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I assume this is me making The Leslie Lee Three enemies list.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
he posted photos of pfps

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
https://x.com/italkwrasslin/status/1783315312131137642?s=46&t=ZOgtjsgQ2j9jWfsJ7rwNNA

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

he posted photos of pfps

Not even PFPs he went back like a month to find a picture of me instead of using my avatar but it did mean that me and another guy were both wearing matching UConn jerseys. I liked that touch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Not even PFPs he went back like a month to find a picture of me instead of using my avatar but it did mean that me and another guy were both wearing matching UConn jerseys. I liked that touch.

Dan Hurley's insidious Pro-AEW Agenda

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

scrolling that much must have left him totally exhausted

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Why do people think getting beat up by the Elite means Tony Khan is now a wrestler?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i’m reclaiming the term “dubbalo”

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

What is a Dubbalo?
Let me think for a second
Oh, he gets All Elite
And then he hoots through the streets
Hollering at the freaks
With Jaguars tickets stuck in his butt-cheeks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they'll never top vincel. the fed can't meme

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Where The Dubbalo Roam

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What is a Dubbalo?
Oh, he gets All Elite
Hollering at the freaks

lmao

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So AEW is doing things that the WWE has been doing for 40+ years and they all want AEW to be more like WWE but then this happens and it's bad for some reason

Also I don't even see that segment as being "like WWE". WWE isn't the only company to do stuff like that

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also I don't even see that segment as being "like WWE". WWE isn't the only company to do stuff like that

If anything, it feels like a callback to Nash powerbombing Bischoff.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
There's like, more dubs in WWE though. That's such a bad name.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Lol having to drag out the old they promised "sports based wrestling" stuff half a decade after it was first said and long long after it was apparent that AEW had fully embraced the American style

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Also the "Sports Based Wrestling" thing was a line specifically from Cody Rhodes who bailed the second he could jump back to WWE which is the exact opposite of that

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fez_machine posted:

Lol having to drag out the old they promised "sports based wrestling" stuff half a decade after it was first said and long long after it was apparent that AEW had fully embraced the American style

hes just concern trolling and doesnt want that sort of thing anyways.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Elephant Ambush posted:

So AEW is doing things that the WWE has been doing for 40+ years and they all want AEW to be more like WWE but then this happens and it's bad for some reason

Mid South very famously had the midnight express and Jim Cornette take out Bill Watts

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

a dumb moron posted:

Mid South very famously had the midnight express and Jim Cornette take out Bill Watts

Can’t wait to hear from cornette why that is different

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

rotinaj posted:

Usually one of two things will happen:

1) Cornette won’t be able to articulate why he hates it so he’ll say something vague like “they did too much” or something.

2) Cornette will say he loved it and this is gonna be hot, and that’s just a cover for when no matter what they do next week he will say they ruined it and now it’s bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a dumb moron posted:

And who owns Mid South, smart guy???

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What is a Dubbalo?
Oh, he gets All Elite
Hollering at the freaks

Wool woop

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What is a Dubbalo?
Oh, he gets All Elite
Hollering at the freaks

mad mothafuckin dub love right here

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Bill Watts was a wrestler before he owned/booked Mid-South. He then came out of reitrement and got back at the Midnights himself.

I'm not going to pretend that I know which promoters never wrestled at some point out of everyone who's existed. Vince never did but at least had his bodybuilding, Bischoff had his mall karate. I don't think any of the Crocketts did, but (as far as I know) no one assaulted them on camera.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

I assume this is me making The Leslie Lee Three enemies list.

Wasn’t the first time either but that tweet has also been deleted :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What is a Dubbalo?
Oh, he gets All Elite
Hollering at the freaks

I read your post like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWy1utqHD0s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Bill Watts was a wrestler before he owned/booked Mid-South. He then came out of reitrement and got back at the Midnights himself.

I'm not going to pretend that I know which promoters never wrestled at some point out of everyone who's existed. Vince never did but at least had his bodybuilding, Bischoff had his mall karate. I don't think any of the Crocketts did, but (as far as I know) no one assaulted them on camera.

Dixie Carter never had a match but still got put through a table

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Gareth is so dumb

https://x.com/wwegareth/status/1783332747202691293?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Wow, that is a vile lie for someone to make up.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1783270493157458255?t=fuzhP7TbUQuykiKa5a_xUg&s=19

Bully Ray doesn't like it when the crowd are going hot as gently caress for a great match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I really don't understand why anybody would willingly choose to listen to Eric Bischoff & Bubba Ray Dudley talk about wrestling today.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly they don't even have bad opinions in an interesting way any more

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's all a transparent grift not even worth getting mad at. Boring!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It is a little frustrating because the last few episodes of Dark Side of the Ring have been VERY Cornette and Bischoff heavy and I can't even watch those two pop up on TV any more without assuming they're bullshitting.

Bischoff said he had to fire Sherri Martell because she wasn't sober on TV, then Madusa is like "well she was far from the only one, and none of those guys got fired" but they never followed upon that, Bischoff just was allowed to get away with saying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1783270493157458255?t=fuzhP7TbUQuykiKa5a_xUg&s=19

Bully Ray doesn't like it when the crowd are going hot as gently caress for a great match.

This is always my favorite match criticism. The crowd was making too much noise.