Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
No, you see you're all wrong. Crowds should only be hot for one big spot, saying a catchphrase, or when getting riled up by a bunch of unpleasant things said to them. A good match doesn't deserve heat in any way.

Also, the idea of Bischoff and Bully Ray coming together considering where they originally came from is rather hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

forkboy84 posted:

I really don't understand why anybody would willingly choose to listen to Eric Bischoff & Bubba Ray Dudley talk about wrestling today.

Do they ever disclose that they have a working relationship with the WWE, at least in the sense that WWE uses their likeness for merchandising and video games?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hoss Corncave posted:

No, you see you're all wrong. Crowds should only be hot for one big spot, saying a catchphrase, or when getting riled up by a bunch of unpleasant things said to them. A good match doesn't deserve heat in any way.

Also, the idea of Bischoff and Bully Ray coming together considering where they originally came from is rather hilarious.

It’s also funny for Bully Ray to put these criticisms on AEW considering ECW is responsible for the modern wrestling crowd and the way they interact with the show.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1783270493157458255?t=fuzhP7TbUQuykiKa5a_xUg&s=19

Bully Ray doesn't like it when the crowd are going hot as gently caress for a great match.

He has a finite amount of POPS

:lmao: :lol:

Old bastard should go back to his hole

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1783270493157458255?t=fuzhP7TbUQuykiKa5a_xUg&s=19

Bully Ray doesn't like it when the crowd are going hot as gently caress for a great match.

I mean the tweet is incorrect because he clearly said the match was fantastic and he could’ve left it at that but then he said one of the stupidest things ever.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

I remember the good old days when midway through the first TLC match, bubba ray decided to stop the match because the crowd was too loud and were chanting too many things and cheering too much

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

rotinaj posted:

I remember the good old days when midway through the first TLC match, bubba ray decided to stop the match because the crowd was too loud and were chanting too many things and cheering too much

Yeah and he didn't farm for a pop with "GET THE TABLE!" right?

But just ONE pop.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Guillermus posted:

Yeah and he didn't farm for a pop with "GET THE TABLE!" right?

But just ONE pop.

The late Dudley’s wwe run is hilarious in this context because every match was them just farming for pops and crowd participation. The wazzuuuppp poo poo, get the tables all that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
When bubbyer ray dudley was giving his famous promo where he talked about the mother teaching her daughter to suck dicks, he knew to stop at a certain point because if he got the crowd too riled up, they would run out of pops for the next match

He was very conscientious that way

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The_Rob posted:

The late Dudley’s wwe run is hilarious in this context because every match was them just farming for pops and crowd participation. The wazzuuuppp poo poo, get the tables all that.

This is called working the marks, you mark! It’s totally different!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1783506340729819608

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Vince McMahon invented women wearing pink in 1989, everyone knows that.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Tiffany Stratton match or segment once in my life.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

As AEW gets better you see more and more crazy poo poo like this, like how bad reviews of Yankee Candles increase with covid cases.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Dixie Carter never had a match but still got put through a table

If you're being compared to Dixie Carter, something Tony's frequently subject to, it's not a point in your favor.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

thought this was sarcasm until i saw he doubled down in the replies

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jim is not a WWE partisan guy either this is just a really silly thought he's tripling down on.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1783532491136987208

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Each wrasslin' lady gets one color to be identified with and if they run out of colors everyone else has to wrestle in a burlap sack

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's not even his stupidest clothing opinion in the last few hours

https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1783504118163837298

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

When your take is so bad that even JobberNation is confused by it, you know you've hosed up.

https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1783543517857607859

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Jeez Jim Valley you’re such a swell guy what are you doing

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I thought it was sarcasm but then I checked the replies and he is earnestly arguing with people about it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

I wasn’t a fan of the arm things myself but to frame it like this is really bizarre

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Apparently pink is a color that no other blond woman can wear because... ~reasons~

:psyduck:

What the gently caress Jim valley

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/_MarkPickering/status/1783506863868572124

Here's another dumb one

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The "he said he'd never be an onscreen character!" line is all over the place today. Pretty funny considering:

TK didn't talk or really do anything besides point and get his rear end kicked

He's been on TV plenty before this, going all the way back to the Impact partnership

This appears to be a way to write him off even more and present the EVPs as the people running the show

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cult of Pies posted:

thought this was sarcasm until i saw he doubled down in the replies

greta gerwig barbie movie is so strattonpilled

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gonzo McFee posted:

Well we all fear what we don't understand.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

a dumb moron posted:

I mean the tweet is incorrect because he clearly said the match was fantastic and he could’ve left it at that but then he said one of the stupidest things ever.

Nah, he's doing the "It was too good a match" thing, where he can't point to anything specifically wrong about it, but because everything was good there are no highlights.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This is my favorite dipshit opinion in this thread in a long time. It's not a tired talking point, it's not intentional bad faith from a dedicated fan of one company. Just a 100% earnest thought from a typically even-keeled dude that somehow managed to be the dumbest thing on Wrestling Twitter in ages, to the point that even troll accounts are like "Dude what"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

Nah, he's doing the "It was too good a match" thing, where he can't point to anything specifically wrong about it, but because everything was good there are no highlights.

This ties into one of my favorite complaints about AEW: "It's all dream matches!!"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

xbilkis posted:

This is my favorite dipshit opinion in this thread in a long time. It's not a tired talking point, it's not intentional bad faith from a dedicated fan of one company. Just a 100% earnest thought from a typically even-keeled dude that somehow managed to be the dumbest thing on Wrestling Twitter in ages, to the point that even troll accounts are like "Dude what"

He's going to get the thread's medal for sure

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

xbilkis posted:

Jase Regal Memorial Thread: Because of that Mariah May should not wear pink

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Gumball Gumption posted:

Going to send Jim into convulsions by showing him a picture of late career Kirk Hinrich

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

xbilkis posted:

Going to send Jim into convulsions by showing him a picture of late career Kirk Hinrich

I think you messed up, that's a picture of Michael Jordan, you can tell because of the red jersey.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Gonzo McFee posted:

mfw i pop but they keep wrestlin'

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Let's not be too harsh on Bully. He's just confused by the concept of getting a response for more than one thing you do in a match.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Let's not be too harsh on Bully. He's just confused by the concept of getting a response for more than one thing you do in a match.

I kinda get why he is confused on people going crazy about good wrestling

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I liked this response by Trevor dame. Bully Ray truly is a man of the people

https://x.com/trevordame/status/1783457557886955687?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

took a look at the local news article about aew seat fillers and lmao at all of this

quote:

Tony Khan has taken criticism from online Wrestling media for a number of booking decisions in recent months, including the airing on April 10 of the infamous backstage fight last September between CM Punk and Jack Perry at the All In Pay-per-view. It resulted in Punk being fired and eventually landing with AEW’s biggest competitor, WWE. Punk, who has also publicly thrown shots at Khan’s leadership, was set to be one of the headliners at WrestleMania 40 before suffering a triceps injury at the Royal Rumble.

Critics also point to the departure of former AEW star and Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes, who helped the promotion get off the ground in 2019 but left in 2022 under mysterious circumstances, as a turning point. Rhodes subsequently joined WWE and embarked on one of the top storylines in recent memory, which culminated in Rhodes being crowned WWE World Champion at WrestleMania 40. WWE, which historically has struggled with its creative direction,is thriving inside and outside the ring by pulling in record revenue under the leadership of Paul “Triple H” Levesque as the Chief Content Officer.

looks total organic and not astroturfed