Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Am I misremembering, but weren’t the original Tiffany Stratton debut vignettes originally produced and aired because they thought they were getting Mariah May?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/benmillerMKE/status/1783567017787945367

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

xbilkis posted:

This is my favorite dipshit opinion in this thread in a long time. It's not a tired talking point, it's not intentional bad faith from a dedicated fan of one company. Just a 100% earnest thought from a typically even-keeled dude that somehow managed to be the dumbest thing on Wrestling Twitter in ages, to the point that even troll accounts are like "Dude what"

This rules. This is what this thread is all about. It's like they live in a world where Barbie wasn't a massive blockbuster or something.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What is a Dubbalo?
Let me think for a second
Oh, he gets All Elite
And then he hoots through the streets
Hollering at the freaks
With Jaguars tickets stuck in his butt-cheeks
Incredible

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

https://x.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1783562956862861615?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Am I misremembering, but weren’t the original Tiffany Stratton debut vignettes originally produced and aired because they thought they were getting Mariah May?

No. Mariah is formerly NXT UK IIRC and WWE had no interest in her, probably because they already had Tiffany. Tiffany was already on NXT before Mariah debuted in Stardom and Mariah never said anything about WWE reaching out to her

But I bet WWE is already trying to poach her, or they will when her contract is up

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This rules. This is what this thread is all about. It's like they live in a world where Barbie wasn't a massive blockbuster or something.

Oh yeah, the best tweets in this thread are the ones about really normal stuff from dudes who live and breathe the wrestling bubble. "You can't wear pink, Tiffany Stratton is the woman who wears pink" is insanely wrestling bubble

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Who is gonna be the real thought leader who criticizes Tony khan for taking the meltzer driver slash tk driver slash evp driver poorly

C’mon, someone has to be that desperate for clicks

Edit: “if Vince had been taking it, it would have been way better and he would have sold his neck for twenty minutes while screaming”

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tiffy was part of that initial recruiting effort to train athletes with no wrestling experience iirc with the angle of showing off her gymnastics(?) background, I'm not sure how Mariah May fits into that

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Don't see the issue, India and Pakistan are the same country.

Signed,
British East India Company

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

Who is gonna be the real thought leader who criticizes Tony khan for taking the meltzer driver slash tk driver slash evp driver poorly

Edit: “if Vince had been taking it, it would have been way better and he would have sold his neck for twenty minutes while screaming”

Paul! I can’t feel my legs!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rotinaj posted:

I saw people saying his selling was awful, and that him walking to the back after the show went off the air means he’s no selling and is an awful boss.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

there was a guy in the GDT itself saying it was "linda mcmahon tier" or whatever lol

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Jesus tap dancing Christ where do I begin with this

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a dumb moron posted:

the racism. start at the racism.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

the racism. start at the racism.

Fun fact: Ben Miller is the person Guy Evans, author of the Nitro book thought to interview about whether or not Vince Russo's booking was racist.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Wasn't the worst Stunner in history the last bump Vince took?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

not gonna lie i was confused for like 20 seconds because i saw "To y" and thought they were referring to to-y, the ddt guy, and i was like "why would you need a bunch of indian ex-wwe wrestlers to avenge a japanese wrestler who's never appeared on aew..."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

can't Kali barely even walk?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Edit: I should read more completely.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sleepwalkers posted:

not gonna lie i was confused for like 20 seconds because i saw "To y" and thought they were referring to to-y, the ddt guy, and i was like "why would you need a bunch of indian ex-wwe wrestlers to avenge a japanese wrestler who's never appeared on aew..."

My brain went to the same place

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

a dumb moron posted:

He's getting obliterated in the replies so don't even bother

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Serperoth posted:

I thought it was the first bump Vince took.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

I've never seen a "Dub Bad Fed Good" tweet that was so phenomenally stupid that even Jobbernation is confused by it

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://x.com/wwfcounselor/status/1783463944243355899?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Oh so now they’re happy to google information when a new guy turns up on tv

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/heyheyitsconrad/status/1783607222003433729?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serperoth posted:

Any discussion of the worst stunner ever requires the viewing of the following two contenders:

https://youtu.be/sEIVzBvK3Cw

https://youtu.be/BTjCrWavEuA

Also, yes Conrad, Eric did do what Tony is doing, but Tony has done it for longer than Eric did, and more successfully

I am still unsure what the gently caress Conrad did to deserve being so tied into so many wrestling personalities

I feel like he is essentially the same as any other rich person that they would have pumped for cash in the past but he is just savvy enough to have launched a podcast empire off of giving old desperate faded stars a regular payday

Am I missing anything with him?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

rotinaj posted:

I feel like he is essentially the same as any other rich person that they would have pumped for cash in the past but he is just savvy enough to have launched a podcast empire off of giving old desperate faded stars a regular payday. Am I missing anything with him?
You may already be aware of this, but he's Ric Flair's son-in-law. I feel like that explains a lot of it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Conrad did a solid for Ric Flair and got him access to be the financial planner for a lot of old timers. Also he married into Flair’s family.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Seams posted:

Oh so now they’re happy to google information when a new guy turns up on tv

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

coconono posted:

Conrad did a solid for Ric Flair and got him access to be the financial planner for a lot of old timers. Also he married into Flair’s family.

Is he good at that? Not sure I’d wanna trust a financial planner endorsed by Ric Flair.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

dave rules. king.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had not realized he had married into the flair family

I am unsure if I knew about him as the podcast guy before he married into the family or after but regardless that does explain a lot

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

It's a shame Eric Bischoff hasn't been in charge of a product since WCW so we can apply his analysis to a modern audience

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1783628191082435052?t=6BoQjp7CixLwHg1JPDgYqQ&s=19

Lmao this guy is getting trashed all around. Nyla, get his rear end! :sickos:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

When there were rumors of a WWE/AJPW partnership a while back because WWE sent some NXT guy to wrestle the for the Triple Crown, Jim said how good it was for All Japan, and someone commented it would've have been good for All Japan if WWE had actually bothered to send one of their top stars, instead of some jobber, and Jim's response was basically "The main roster guys make too much money to go over and wrestle there".

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Ringo Roadagain posted:

took a look at the local news article about aew seat fillers and lmao at all of this

looks total organic and not astroturfed

The circumstances of Cody's departure were extremely mysterious as he was not fired and sent his belongings in a binbag

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Steve Martin is playing a conman in Leap of Faith lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Davros1 posted:

When there were rumors of a WWE/AJPW partnership a while back because WWE sent some NXT guy to wrestle the for the Triple Crown, Jim said how good it was for All Japan, and someone commented it would've have been good for All Japan if WWE had actually bothered to send one of their top stars, instead of some jobber, and Jim's response was basically "The main roster guys make too much money to go over and wrestle there".

This is true though. I'm the biggest current AJPW booster on here but it's a glorified indie. If you're WWE you could justify sending over green talent to get them working the circuit (although it's not the 1990s, it's not even 2019 where they'd hit up 8-10 shows on an average tour, now unless it's a tournament it's probably not more than 5) & get experience outside of your system, if that was a thing you cared about which WWE certainly hasn't been overly fussed with traditionally. Yes, it'd be amazing for All Japan if they sent over an AJ Styles or someone like that who isn't just a name but has time headlining in Japan, but All Japan isn't paying to make that happen! Plus talent with a family are less likely to want to be going for a month or two at a time to the other side of the Pacific, by it's nature people in developmental are younger on the whole & less likely to have a family & also just more likely to be adventurous & be willing to spent that time away from home.

Don't get me wrong, it'd suck seeing All Japan acting as WWE developmental, I'm just talking from WWE's perspective here. It's the same with AEW, they had just sent Jack Perry over to New Japan for a bit. When you don't have a house show schedule it would make sense to get younger talent working a Road To tour or two, but end of the day that only works if the talent are willing. But I might not actually enjoy it as a New Japan watcher.