Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Really makes you appreciate the song parody lyrics that goons come up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJF Blown Away

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Goblin Queen posted:

Really makes you appreciate the song parody lyrics that goons come up with

I like that they couldn't even get two lines in before breaking meter

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Every attempt at parodying We Didn't Start The Fire has historically sucked major rear end

One year later, evergreen!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Counterpoint:

https://youtu.be/bDk3eaeao8E?si=UZggdffR07jHHveI

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

quote:

Tony Khan is a man unhinged.

Seriously. Somebody should really tell Tony it's time to chill on the non-existent WWE/AEW war going on in his head and focus on building his brand instead of tarnishing it with these continued outlandish remarks and comparisons.

Does he ever stop to think about the things he's saying and the way it makes himself and AEW look? No? Didn't think so.

This even made the NFL Analstys talking to him about the NFL draft and AEW uncomfortable. So much so that they had to quickly laugh it off and change the topic. WWE and the NFL do work together all the time afterall.

On a final note. I find it kind of ironic that he compared AEW to Pepsi when even the Pepsi Man himself left AEW for WWE.

What do you guys think about Tony's recent comments about WWE? Or all of his comments regarding WWE in general?

#UncleEvan

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
who the gently caress is uncle evan

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
idk but he has a hashtag in his name so his opinions and posts to facebook seem really important, moreso than stone cold ohno even

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

yes, pepsi phil left aew to return to wwe. he wasn't fired after repeatedly assaulting co-workers and bosses

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

can't think of a reason the football broadcasters would change the subject back to football, other than then having the same elaborate headcanon that i do

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Eat This Glob posted:

yes, pepsi phil left aew to return to wwe. he wasn't fired after repeatedly assaulting co-workers and bosses

Finally, the Voice of the Voiceless went back to where he could properly complain about guaranteed money.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
"All Uncle" Evan Page

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

VideoWitch posted:

I like that they couldn't even get two lines in before breaking meter

not so different from goons after all

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Tony had the NFL Anal Stys shook!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Edge & Christian posted:

"All Uncle" Evan Page

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

One year later, evergreen!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd be impressed and a little scared if they could get titles to fit 'what else do I have to say'.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://x.com/wrestlecringe/status/1784724764247941159?s=46 "Main Event" Tama Tonga when? :shobon:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Simpsons hit and run was really fun. Wish I still had a copy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

that Tama Tonga kid has a bright future. wouldn’t be surprised to see him main event Wrestlemania in 10 years

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's really funny how they've latched onto the Just Another Guy thing which has been a massive complaint about WWE for many many years. Like...you can't just recycle the same complaints about a different company that functions in a different manner, it doesn't work that way!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's really funny how they've latched onto the Just Another Guy thing which has been a massive complaint about WWE for many many years. Like...you can't just recycle the same complaints about a different company that functions in a different manner, it doesn't work that way!!

it's real easy Erin. All you have to do is have no shame, 100 percent projection, and the undying belief that anyone other than WWE is late stage wcw.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I have said this before and gotten razzed for it, but I really do think there is something to the weird trend of how many right wing nerds are fans of wwe and how they are applying the same tricks and routines to wrestling that is happening in politics

This is them taking an accusation towards their favored thing, like how purity balls look like they are grooming for molestation or how trump lies constantly, and taking that accusation and trying to use it against the accusers

People who disliked purity balls called it a groomer party? All lgbtq people must be groomers.

Trump is a lying liar? Nah, fake news. Everyone lies but him.

Everyone in wwe is turned into just another guy and there is no star attraction anymore? Nah, your favorite wrestler is the one who is just a guy.

I have been hearing from political nerds about the pro wrestling-ization of politics, but there is also a politicization of wrestling and most other things these days and I am not the world’s biggest fan of this trend tbh

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Also not that it matters but Okada is currently being sold by aew as a huge HUGE deal.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Also not that it matters but Okada is currently being sold by aew as a huge HUGE deal.

But if he's such a big deal then why didn't he make the YouTube highlights video for last week's episode of Raw?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

I'd be impressed and a little scared if they could get titles to fit 'what else do I have to say'.

Wrong system, but Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

How would I know that if I don’t watch the show though?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Claytor posted:

But if he's such a big deal then why didn't he make the YouTube highlights video for last week's episode of Raw?

yup. they didn't even give him a new set of veneers or a dye job for his beard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bischoff mad.

https://twitter.com/clownmalenko/status/1785004615257280940

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

love when a 70 year old man calls things mid. Im 33 and I feel embarrassed using mid

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

little munchkin posted:

yup. they didn't even give him a new set of veneers or a dye job for his beard.

They didn't even make him wear blue contact lenses!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Why’s he mad at Dax for

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

post hole digger posted:

Why’s he mad at Dax for

I doubt he even really is. He is just begging for someone — anyone — in AEW to respond to him

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

post hole digger posted:

Why’s he mad at Dax for

Dax The Axe said Bischoff's obsession with Tony is getting stalkerish.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

a dumb moron posted:

I doubt he even really is. He is just begging for someone — anyone — in AEW to respond to him

He should try something less generic for his bait or at least not copy and paste "he can't get over!" And "he's jobbing to shiny new former WWE talent!" for a well decorated tag wrestler.

Or has he reached the complete gutter of engagement farming with "Fact: violet is the only color in the English language that starts with a v," tier content?

Who is even active in the men's tag division who came from WWE besides FTR? 2.0 and House of Black? It's not like Copeland and Cage are together and dominating the tag division.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 29, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

“He knows that being a Walmart greeter is his next stop” says the man who has had zero accomplishments in the wrestling business for a decade, and zero positive achievements done for like 25 years

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/ScrapDaddyAP/status/1785044841459552296

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The only people FTR have lost to in the past year are:

Young Bucks (they did enhancement work in WWE)
Blackpool Combat Club (all WWE washouts)
House of Black (ditto, Brody King counts because of the other two Brodys/Brodies working for the fed)
Big Bill and Ricky Starks (Bill is a WWE washout, Ricky Stark is a future WWE washout)
Aussie Open (effectively the Bushwackers, who were midcard at best in the WWE)
Bullet Club Gold (two WWE nepobabies, an NXT release, and a guy who WWE didn't even bother signing)

bottom guys, losing to nobodies from WWE

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Edge & Christian posted:

bottom guys, out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheSwerveShow/status/1784791546199465990

here is a good one