Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

today I also learnt there is such a thing as Idea Wiki

edit: reading the credits information page for the Pingu movie which was not released in 2018

Trying fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 1, 2024

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://x.com/solsrvca/status/1785505730985893905?s=46

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Eh, I see a quarter of a point there. While I personally love "fighting champion" booking, defending the title at every show can make title defenses seem rote, while defending at only big shows makes the individual title defenses seem more important. If what someone is used to is mainstream American booking pre 2019, they will have had years of the product telling them that a title that's defended on TV is TV grade, while a title defended on ppv is ppv grade.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
All but one of those title defenses are in house shows, so they don't really devaluate or elevate the title in any meaningful way.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 1, 2024

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

What's your ideal Title defense timeline?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like a world title to have 2 defenses per month. so in technical terms i agree with the dumb piece of poo poo. enjoy your little griggles. i've already walked away

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

by the way. i'm back. have you ever had a big handburger?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm so used to seeing a once a month World title defense from growing up with 90's WWF & WCW wrestling, it just feels right imo. Even AEW's once every few months on PPV (Swerve being the exception) feels weird

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody’s got daily quests to turn in

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Babyface champs should defend a lot, even if it's sometimes contrived for why the challenger should be getting a shot, such as AEW/ROH proving ground matches. Heel champs should always be weaseling out of defenses.

Orange Cassidy defended his international title 40-some times over two runs and it ruled.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

New Japan and Bloodline fans making peace over their combined hatred of title defenses.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Cavauro posted:

by the way. i'm back. have you ever had a big handburger?

They're aren't called handburgers and I feel like you know this.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Is a big handburger the size of a fist?

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

On The Internet posted:

Is a big handburger the size of a fist?

Depends on the fist

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://x.com/phildl616/status/1785706758876315971?s=46

That guy on that cheap heat podcast, I don't know his name, really said "Cody Luther king" in a non-ironic manner :psyduck:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lamuella posted:

Eh, I see a quarter of a point there. While I personally love "fighting champion" booking, defending the title at every show can make title defenses seem rote, while defending at only big shows makes the individual title defenses seem more important. If what someone is used to is mainstream American booking pre 2019, they will have had years of the product telling them that a title that's defended on TV is TV grade, while a title defended on ppv is ppv grade.

I feel like context and nuance matters a lot here. OC's title being basically an open challenge ruled, and it told an interesting story, and so did MJF doing his best to avoid the match, and putting on bangers when brought to it.

I like some TV defence but it has to be more earned than "I'm challenging you at the pape", and I definitely see the argument for TV defences being "lesser" than pape ones. At the same time, if done right you can do a good beat with a TV match, even a change

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Lamuella posted:

I get what you’re saying but it’s also kind of smoke and mirrors. Back in the day, the world champ wasn’t defending the title on TV all the time, but TV was very different. Back then they were defending on house shows. Today the value of TV and house shows flipped so more title matches are on TV.

I do think world title matches should (usually) be something you gotta pay to see, but no one ever really practiced that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://x.com/enforcerchris_/status/1785780692078461000

the Fiend/Bray Wyatt people are so fascinating to me

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Uncle magic

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

let sami callihan lead the wyatt 6

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DLC Inc posted:

I am pretty sure that means that JFK is coming back at the rumble

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

DLC Inc posted:

Won’t google Will Ospreay but they turn into true crime podcasters when you put a QR code in front of them.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://x.com/greatbrianlast/status/1785835504920830025?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

“Why does the angle feel like an angle?” loving idiot

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

just saying words at this point. "Is it just me or does dynamite feel like just another episode of television?"

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

i would be in favor of tiny con getting his rear end kicked to end every episode of aew tv

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

i would be in favor of tiny con getting his rear end kicked to end every episode of aew tv

Agreed, Tony's a star and should be on TV more

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finally a funny one

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My favorite ECW legend is Abraham Washington.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Night DJ Gabriel Danced Atop The ECW Arena

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
“Hey Man Nice Shot” playing over Ricky Ortiz highlights.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don’t know why people like chanting ecw so much but I did like the vampire lady with the big hoobajoobs

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rotinaj posted:

I don’t know why people like chanting ecw so much but I did like the vampire lady with the big hoobajoobs

Genuine LOL.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
omfg someone who only watched ECW after the buyout. Wow. I haven't seen many of those

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Jim's still cookin'

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I thought yall told me Jim was smart?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Shard posted:

I thought yall told me Jim was smart?

Jim is unfortunately a wrestling fan. There are no smart wrestling fans. 😩

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cult of Pies posted:

Jim's still cookin'

I too never admit when I made a weird assumption, and therefore must die on any hill I have ever even looked at

I think that is a weird effect of social media, when something half baked that someone said offhand becomes something they get called on later, some dudes like this feel the need to never, ever let anyone think they were the slightest bit wrong

One major color is not going to become property of any one wrestler, especially not one who is still trying to get over, and thinking that is just silly

Even when Taz tries to be weird about orange, it feels like he is just being huffy over nothing. Kane wasn’t the only guy to ever wear red.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

On The Internet posted:

Jim is unfortunately a wrestling fan. There are no smart wrestling fans. 😩

Ha ha! Wait, that means... oh no. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cult of Pies posted:

Jim's still cookin'

“You have not been very nice to me and I don’t appreciate it” would make a good thread title to add to the backlog.