Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

I feel strongly about the way Goldberg makes a joke of WWE wrestlers by being very old, brain-injured, out of shape and capable of squashing everyone very easily. I believe Dolph Ziggler deserves just as much as Seth Rollins deserves.

You are good and my friend but I respectfully disagree because I don't like the way Dolph shakes his rear end without having some sort of Rick Rude gimmick, plus I will forever resent him for stopping Dean's top run dead, personally. Just IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's not easy to get YouTube comments but I just got into a disagreement with some dude on YouTube who's arguing, no joke, that American Bad rear end Taker was a more complete reinvention and thought out reboot than The Fiend. Like I'm not saying there wasn't plenty different about Taker, but it was Taker dressed as a biker. That's it. Attitude Era nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Oh and dude said I should be "embarrassed to call myself a wrestling fan" just because I didn't agree ABA Taker was the most amazing revolutionary reboot ever.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 15, 2019

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

i assume the audience was much louder for the debut of the american bad rear end

This is true. And I acknowledged that. But it was still The Undertaker But A Texan Biker Now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drew McIntyre posted:

bray is still a spooky cult guy, the cult is just for kids now

This change still has more effort put into it than Bikertaker though, even if you think the tryhard factor is lame or bad

Which is a different argument

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

The weirdest thing about American Bad rear end Taker was the little girls from A Nightmare On Elm Street in all the videos hyping his return.

"He's heeeeeeere..."

"KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'!"

That makes me laugh to this day actually. Say what you will about The Fiend but at least it's tonally consistent.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's almost impressive in a depressing way how WWE managed to make something horribly racist out of a generic-rear end t-shirt with a dude's name that isn't racist and like three colors.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I am ever one fraction as dumb as anyone in this thread because I tend to be a little more "I liked the thing :)" about the E than most here, I beg your forgiveness in advance because holy poo poo they dumb

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I literally got told by some rube after commenting on Dave and Bryan's comments on the match (that I typically hate deathmatch stuff but loved this because of the story involved) that "they tried to tell a story but failed" and "don't call yourself a real fan if you don't care about your favorite wrestlers' safety."

I'd think it was a troll except there are a ton of people who seemingly actually believe this crap. I don't mind if people didn't like it (hell I don't want to see another lights out match for at least like a year involving any drat body) but the sanctimony about this poo poo really pisses me off, and that's where the WOL comments annoy me. Dave, more than almost anyone on the planet, should know better than that, and he got worked so hard it's incredible. Dude seriously questioned if it was real glass. Jesus Christ.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

What am I missing here contextually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Vice TV is airing a documentary on the Benoit murders.

Ahhh I see. Is it tonally appropriate? That kinda thing is REALLY hard to do well. I'm assuming it is because you posted that here but just curious.