Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1224740146639228928 Cornette is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spikegal posted:

Translation? What is this in reference to?

Dave said Okada Omega was better than flair steamboat, which it was. Cornette is a bigot and a dumbass.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

the idea to me that Kenny Omega isn't a loving athlete is insane. He is nearly literally a machine.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wonder how much of Kevin Dunne hate is even warranted, a majority of fans opinions on Dunne are generally direct Cornette quotes, he’s likely a liar.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

"my mommy made my pants"

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Post-neck surgery Steve Austin making just throwing punches, kicks and then a Stunner at the end into incredibly entertaining matches is a pretty good example of this.

That match Austin had with Dude Love is a masterpiece of minimalism. It’s interesting how the top guys of their day all seem to be known for minimalism, Okada, Austin, Cena.

You see a guy like HHH fill his matches on top with everything under the wrestling sun and not meeting that level an Austin match would. To me that’s what Reigns has, and Bryan too in his WWE style.

That’s why I wish they’d let the two top guys of Smackdown have a feud, that’s a Mania main event to me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

2/3 falls is a lucha thing woo! god dammit

Since Okada has more lucha libre background than Omega, he arrogantly assumed he'd have a huge advantage in such a match, and accepted the stip really happily.

Even though Kenny won arguably Okada was smarter with the stipulation, getting that roll up fall really threw off Omega's game until he rallied back.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think it was unfair how the Okada/ Jericho match was judged, the story of that match ending on the roll up that beat Omega was awesome.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ruining the prestige of the title with...Kofi having the best matches of his career, years after being a singles act in any prominence, defending the title often and against all comers valiantly. There is no way that person isn't just a racist.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Well at least someone finally replied to him but uh...

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I will buy Mike Kurtz an account

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don't understand the term but enjoy your inside joke!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Benne posted:

At first I was like "well that's not too unreasonable, even bad wrestlers deserve attention for their segments" and then the next sentence happened :psyduck:

the first time i ever jacked off was to stacy keibler, it is what it is.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

oh spare me the puritanicals. if you grew up watching wrestling you've cranked it to a wrestler.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/fatjoe/status/1243011482503254016?s=19

Why is Fat Joe calling out rovert over a two year old tweet about WWE?

The simulation is heaving through death

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NXT needs a top heel and Charlotte vs. Io will be sweet

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

They’ve been forced to do multi woman matches for months because they already have too many wrestlers there. I dunno, maybe elevate one of them first. Or at least try? They didn’t have a main heel for years because of Shayna but she’s gone now and they made no effort to replace her.

Charlotte replaced her

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I mean what journalists besides maybe that annoying dude in canada that used to make vince mad on his show actually call WWE out when they get a shot? When HHH was on WOR Bryan Alvarez spent the one question he got to ask asking Hunter about some bizarre angle that he didn't even remember it was embarrassing. Real journalists don't give a poo poo about wrestling and the wrestling journalists are all too big of fans to ask hard questions outside of their echo chambers.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mike Kurtz is certainly a lot more fun and has a whimsical, slapstick element to his personality with all his "beg bardon sir i respectfully disagree" type poo poo and his little sunday best suit on.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I would take the gently caress out of steroids if I knew how to get them. 80s Moral panic nonsense took that away as an option for athletes in my opinion.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i too want small balls and bacne and weird tiddies

Kenny Omega doesn't have those things, maybe the balls but I doubt it. Any substance abused will have negative side effects, and some people shouldn't take them but a guy like Adam Cole should probably be allowed to because he's so small. Shawn Michaels looked amazing in the 90s despite his height and he definitely wasn't pissing clean.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I Before E posted:

Steroids are good in moderation

That's true, to compare it to chairshots to the dome is false equivalency. One bad chair shot could kill a person.

I personally believe it was the backstage culture of drug abuse and excess that fueled the negative consequences of steroids, taken under the supervision of a doctor they are not unsafe.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Becky tweet just reads like the AEW threads here.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sweet Bald Vaginal reads like a Mars Volta song title

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I enjoy Hunter’s promos but even I don’t think he’s a too 25 promo guy that’s crazy. He’s perfectly believable and can be great in moments but fails to make an impact because his promos are too long winded.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I honestly believe the Eddie, Benoit relationship was romantic and that maybe Nancy found out. Benoit is a piece of poo poo murdering bastard who deserves no accolades for anything he ever did, and if he and Eddie were involved that had nothing to do with the fact that he was a murdering, evil monster. There's just a lot about their relationship and Benoit's reaction to his death that to me bring to mind how people react upon losing their long time spouse. Maybe I am being ignorant about the potential of platonic relationships between cis men, but I have just always felt this way and the dark side of the ring documentary only made it seem more likely to me that this was the case.

Either way there is no defense for what Benoit did, and I find it strange people want to die on that hill. I loved him as a kid and the killing really damaged my worldview even more so than an event like 9/11, and the idea he should be in the hall of fame even a hall of fame already full of monsters like Trump, Snuka, etc is absurd.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

davidbix posted:

The way that I've seen it argued has been a bunch of people who watched the Dark Side episodes with their wives/girlfriends, who were all like "Whoa, were they a couple?" Specifically over things like Chris crawling into Eddy and Vickie's marital bed to hug Eddy's pillow while sobbing. That he came off more like a widow.

I don't agree, but I see where they're coming from, I guess

This is exactly what happened with me and my partner, he suggested it and it made sense to me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Full disclosure i'm a part owner of World Wrestling Entertainment

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dave is going to come out and announce it’s false in classic “Dave doesn’t understand bits” style

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

I would watch Tajiri vs. Tajiri.

They're "pissed" because Dave called Tozawa Tajiri, when writing about Lawler being racist. Even though they're just defending one old guy's intentional racism against Dave's accidental racism, SCJerk is weird, all of reddit is weird and full of self important IT guys who mansplain poo poo they don't know anything about. It's a hell site.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Is there something particularly tone-deaf about Shelton or is it just a bad name

It's a meme based on racist people on squared circle using Vince's voice to be racist and make racist jokes but it being somehow okay there because "Vince is saying it not me". It's now used for equally racist jokes on SCJerk.

All of reddit is incredibly racist.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

making excuses for billionaires

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It may not be as overt but Reddit has to have the most racists per capita on the internet. Sqaured Circle cannot discuss a black wrestler without condescending. So many times there black adults are referred to as "acting like children". Not to mention the constant "I'll say racist poo poo but it's ok because i'm impersonating Vince McMahon" bits they do. I really hate reddit people in general, just that smarmy, white, dude who works in low level IT that thinks they know everything, in their 30s but engaging in nothing but children's entertainment, that constant sense of entitlement people at that site have. I've been a wrestling fan on the internet since like 1998, I have never seen a more annoying community than squared circle.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The idea that any sport/entertainment/fandom/hobby is more important than life and family is sickening to me what is wrong with people.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

it was funny to see darkstar. it's too bad there isn't a thread for talking about people who used to post here and those who still do, the fight island universe, without other requirements. in a place like that, posters could get voted on during 'matches' against eachother, and there could be cards and championships posted. it's not quite an e-fed because it's based on your regular posting popularity with other posters and you don't do promos or anything like that. you just exist. It would be called a popularity promotion. I'll never create the 'popularity promotion' since it's against the wishes of the moderators.

I'd be Baron Corbin of this promotion :(

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Not sure if this is the hot take they'll be running with as currently they're preoccupied with being really mad at Cody and making dozens of posts comparing him to Jeff Jarrett so we'll see what they eventually settle on.

Cody has bigger Lex Luger energy to me

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

Talking with my friends who aren't hardcore committed to either AEW or WWE wrestling we pretty much agreed its down to what kinda brainworms you got. I know I got the AEW brainworms. I think they're ok. But there are people that like their WWE brainworms. I don't get them. And I think you end up with a false equivalency if you try to compare the two.

TBH I thought the Shad Gaspard tribute with ocean background was kinda iffy so I could see people who are really sensitive about drowning not being real happy about the water spots either.

I have both AEW and WWE brain worms for sure. I thought the ocean in Shad's tribute was super weird but like not malicious but definitely a big "oh god why" moment for me.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

How do you watch breaking bad and think walter white never wanted to hurt anyone lol.

I actually like Rollins new shtick and I haven't been a fan of his since his cowardly corporate heel run, which I also enjoyed mostly because of the caliber of matches we'd get from him Lesnar and Cena at the time, Moxley too.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

We are all death match wrestlers, the best of us go out putting over the future, but nobody goes over, face or heel we are all booked to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Power Windows posted:

welp looks like people have learned not a goddamn thing in the past three weeks

They learned they can get away with it, twitter caters to people like them, and they learned they can get what they want through bullying. These incel/stalker freaks need to be electro shocked into normalcy or shipped to slave away in a quarry somewhere just irredeemable fucks.