Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
From the beautiful land of TNA Mecca and one of their post-impact discussion chats.

quote:

Isn't it funny how wwe booked bearded champion Daniel Bryan vs a newly re-masked monster in a hardcore match just days after TNA tapes a show with bearded champion Eric Young facing a newly re-masked monster in Abyss?

From my understanding, that's wwe ripping off TNA but no wwe mark will bring this up.

Hah! TNA was first at this you dumb marks.

quote:

One thing I love about TNA as of late is how the wrestlers have been presented. Look at Kenny King for example. He is playing a big baller type character which is essentially himself. If it was the other company up north they be having him play a street thug or a basketball player gimmick. It feels organic and that's the key word folks..."Organic".

Where is this basketball player gimmick?

quote:

WWE marks don't know what the world sincerely means, #TheyIsDumberThenDirt

heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Meat Recital posted:

From today's WO daily update:

Spoiler: Cedric Alexander, Caprice Coleman and Tadarius Thomas are all black.

That's awful. Beyond none of these men looking alike, at least one of them, Caprice, wears tights whereas the other two, if I remember correctly, exclusively wear trunks these days.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
From the ever lovely TNAMecca:

Their current product is a lot like the Attitude Era!

quote:

The current product reminds me a lot of the Attirude Era format wise, just with better wrestling quality
The show is very storyline driven, everything connects to an ongoing angle. While the number of matches has decreased, the amount of action has actually increased. How? Because the amount of brawling and chaos has doubled, so the action has doubled.
I like that they have gone this route. Some might not because they only consider matches the action, but I enjoy all the brawling and craziness. Reminds of when I was a kid and I sit down to just enjoy the insanity and the fun, not over analyze everything
Another reason I like this format, its an alternative. No matter how much some want to say its WWE lite, TNA is lterally nothing like WWE. Raw and Impact are night and day different. Impact is more violent, more intense, more wrestling/action driven. They are nt in anyway for children, which kind of holds them back ratings wise because that's a more successful demo than adults. But at the same time, its better to be different.

Jericho Vs. Young? Will we see it in our lifetime? no, we won't

quote:

WHOA! MisterTNA just noticed something that happened either yesterday or today:
Chris Jericho is following TNA's Twitter account and visa versa. TNA doesn't follow anyone's account that isn't affiliated with them somehow. I don't want to read into it too much or get ahead of myself but this seems like something. I know Jericho just did his podcast with Bully Ray so there's that. TNA has NEVER followed someone that is a free agent like this before on Twitter. VERY interesting.