Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CM Punk is Omar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Look I liked the red haired girl as much as anyone but Omar was a solid host for Wild and Crazy Kids.

HulkaMatt please change my username to Donnie Jeffcoat

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

I can maybe understand getting Coleman and Alexander confused since they used to be tag partners until recently, but Tadarius looks nothing like either of them.

The TaDarius thing came from a joke post someone made in the show thread on the board that the match was Adam Cole vs. Thomas. Clearly, it went over Dave's head.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ehh gently caress it. It was worse than an Asylum post but rules, etc.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 20, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I just reupped my F4W/WON subscription last week after 2 years or so, and I love how on the site, that article has no indication of the author in the link and no byline. That can't be an accident.

It's definitely not

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Does anybody actually read Babinsack articles and not ridicule them?

"Just finished watching the LOST series. Better late than never. I am more lost than ever but loved it. Powerful. Not everything needs to make sense. It's called entertainment."

"Ironically, the mid 2000s ABC series LOST is one I've recently found. They say the apple always falls far from the tree, which is where LOST opens as Jack Shepherd, played by Matthew Fox who is not in-coincidentally a native of Pennsylvania, home of Bruno Sammartino, who I often am proudly referred to as a friend of. Shepherd is in a jungle not unlike that of Mowgli's in a popular Rudyard Kipling narrative."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

what's an MCU?

That minor league ballpark

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

I want whatever they're smoking at TNA Asylum cause if they're this delusional it must be The Good poo poo

You can't smoke an extra chromosome

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

How true is this defence?

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/05/rumour-killer-nyc-shows-selling-well.html

Anyone an expert on the capacity of the Grand Ballroom?

Ticketmaster lets you view the availability literally seat-by-seat and from what I'm looking at that post would be true, but it also doesn't tell a full story in terms of how many of those seats are unavailable because of scalpers or TNA blocking them off to hand out as comps or because of potential set issues, etc.

I think the guy is also using the absolute maximum to mislead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Some people cannot separate their enjoyment of a product from it's actual success or simply don't actually understand the business at all. It's no different than your mom loving some dogshit new show in the fall and not understanding why it's cancelled because she really liked it.

You have your share of weirdly religious fans but I think most people like this just do not understand the wrestling or television business.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We should have someone recon into the Asylum and throw out there that the best way to stick it to Meltzer would be to buy a ticket, even if you can't get to NYC, just to sell the show out and prove him wrong. The obvious unwanted side effect would be giving TNA money but they'd be dumb enough to hold onto the ticket just because and we'd get a fairly empty arena on TV.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

We're going to get a fairly empty arena anyway though!

this is true

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think the ROH hate has ramped up lately because of unwarranted speculation about them getting the Spike slot or pointing out that they deserve it more.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Same with that baseball thing. There was some talk about Basebrawl dropping TNA for ROH (hence the 'sloppy seconds' comment on the last page). I don't really know how it works or what happened though because the only thing dumber than TNA is baseball.

I mean, the obvious answer is they probably didn't want to do it because they're already running that market so often in the summer, but that's also the smart answer, which makes it unlikely to be the answer TNA came to on their own.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't there a dude who tweeted the better half of the WWE roster talking about his dead grandma asking for a sympathy retweet?

He might have been the same guy who had a hting for Kelly Kelly and felt the need to characterize ever other diva as a whore.

I think the dead grandma was Eric Calcara, but I'm not sure.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

Yeah that was Eric "Randy Orton Gave Me A Meaningful Stare" Calcara.

IIRC, someone on The Board found out he was a teacher and alerted the school, which got him fired. Then he posted a Happy Birthday message on facebook to some 12 year old and said he'd never forget that time they had at summer camp or some creepy poo poo like that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't mean this to be sensationalist at all - I literally believe that Joe Babinsack is, in some form, retarded.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Spermgod posted:

ilsamiri7
9 months ago

Seth rollins should be the new gangrel. Would suit him. Wwe should sign petey williams and the other guy who used to partner chris sabin. Name escapes me. New brood.

That has to be a fat woman. Has to be.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I can't quite imagine the mindset of someone who ONLY likes TNA wrestling. That's like only liking Asylum films.

The only things my uncle watches other than SyFy are the Detroit Lions and MASH reruns.

He made me watch "Frogs" once and swore it was amazing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You can't reach those conclusions unless you are legitimately retarded.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A Jessy Sorenson reality show where he has to work different lovely jobs to pay off his medical bills.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Testekill posted:

I think she wanted to get on Real Housewives of Nashville or something along those lines.

This but it wasn't an official "Real Housewives" thing, it was a bad knockoff

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE has all the tools at their disposal to make it hot again. Vince won't die though, so they can't really do anything with them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"this history occasion"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is like when the Fedor-loving anti-UFC brigade tried to pretend Bellator being on ESPN Desportes was a huge deal because it was an ESPN network.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

To be fair, he's right that Spike TV has low credibility.

The problem is, if SpikeTV is B-Grade, Destination America is F-Grade. Literally the bottom of the barrel.

It's like if the Dollar Tree soda claimed that RC Cola had low credibility.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They order dominos delivery so they can meet their favorite TNA superstars.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

ilu stardog

I think cuckulating is technically what she does to Serge.

the best is the one reply to this claiming that HHH stole the heel owner role from Dixie, as if it had never been done before TNA arrived

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

so wait, is this guy loving on PWG or what? I'm confused.

Looks to me like he's making GBS threads on WWE and ROH to try to elevate TNA and he's invoking PWG because it probably gets him reddit cred.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My 600£ Company

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Davros1 posted:

The only place I've heard about this DA/TNA story is here. In PSP. If you guys weren't discussing it, I never would have heard about it. I've seen ZERO mention of it anywhere else.

The funniest part is that literally earlier that day WWE got equivalent trade publication coverage for signing a loving DVD distribution agreement.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

epitasis posted:

how is that what triggers them turning on Bully, using a photo? especially considering the subtle burials he's been doing for the last week

Because you'd have to be above absolute retard to read into the simple tweets

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

that's not outside the realm of possibility, to be honest

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Don't say bad things about Dixieland!

Hahahahahaha this is the best one

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

who the gently caress is Hawk Huggins?