Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hands Up, Don't Pay Production Staff or Talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

out of curiosity, is WWE covering their rehab programs while they're in TNA?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahahahahaha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Dixie in an interview said she is open to bringing Russo back \0/

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha

never loving change Dixie

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

keevo posted:

Is there a wwe equivalent to tna Mecca?

reddit

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want the Teutel's to build a TNA bike.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahaahhahahaha holy loving poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:laffo: at the El Rey Network part

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

Didn't this same guy say that the last episodes of TNA were the best in years and a critically acclaimed hot streak that Spike was squandering by not resigning immediately?

"cash on hand"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They're all bad comparisons but Jericho to WWE is probably the most apt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

what makes a wrestler in tna look more like a wrestler than wrestlers elsewhere

The look of financial instability

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

yea Impact just sucks. Raw goes out of its way to constantly prevent itself from being good, even in the face of very obvious ways to give people what they want.

It's like getting a lovely steak at an Applebees vs. at a nice steakhouse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Impact also has a really big ironically entertaining factor 75% of the time whereas Raw is often just dull as gently caress.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There's a lot of delusion on that forum but Jesus Christ that has to take the cake for the most delusional thing I've ever read from there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I actually kind of like the circuits idea.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

would bet every penny to my name if you suggested Guerrilla Marketing to Dixie, she would hire a man to wear a gorilla suit and pass out flyers

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

dsriggs posted:

Reddit also buzzing over some bullshit report that ROH is in talks with Spike, completely forgetting they're already owned by a television company.

I doubt the report is true, but a monthly special on Spike would make sense for Sinclair IMO.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They'd have to have some kind of proof they were negotiating while he was there, otherwise they'd have set a poor precedent not going after Punk or Taker just for going to UFC shows.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dixie's been on a 13 year Make-A-Wish trip because her parents don't have the heart to tell her that mental retardation isn't a terminal illness.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

Considering how good a look he has, the short stints should be a warning sign of his ability. He's pretty much got the archetypical WWE look.

I think it's more that he's incredibly arrogant

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That pay is nowhere near what he would make for a UFC fight when you factor in the massive PPV bonus that he would get because he is the biggest draw the UFC ever had. If money was the only factor, Brock would have gone back to MMA. Re-signing is the happy medium between getting paid a fuckton of money and not working that much/getting punched on the dome.

There's also a shitload of expenses related to MMA that add up over time. Not that it really has a great effect for someone who makes as much as Brock, but it's still not super cheap, especially if you're a recluse like him who's flying people in to train and live and poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I would be surprised if Meltzer gives a single poo poo regarding how accurate his guesses turn out to be, which is why it's so funny people put so much weight on them one way or another. It's way funnier when people who hate him seem to think he's like metsfan and loses it whenever he's wrong as opposed to how he's usually just like "whoops yeah guess I wasn't right". He probably doesn't even notice that there's literally people who want him dead out there

He's also reporting the day to day whims of a fickle manchild so it's pretty much a crapshoot.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kevin Owens below Jimmy Uso is absolutely loving hilarious. I can sort of understand some prominent guys being lower because of age but holy loving hell

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

How the gently caress do you place Bray Wyatt, who is entirely about talking and charisma, at #2 then put Neville and Kalisto ahead of Sami Zayn?

lol Stardust at 15.

ehhh I sort of get Kalisto being so high, if only from the standpoint of him being able to draw an audience that most of the others wouldn't, regardless of their skill level.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

you cut off the

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TNA is cooler than ROH because they revolutionized lovely lighting to hide barren crowds and innovated the wrestling commentary game by providing tremendous insight and analysis from a hotel broom closet.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

i wonder what tnamecca would have thought of bobby dempsey in 2007

"He can't be making much. I'm sure we can sign him away easily."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They seem to have a loose grasp on how sex works which is more than I expected.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

When it is possibly indie worker Cherry Bomb.

I'm gonna laugh so hard when they tease a major surprise for Slammiversary and it turns out to be Pepper Parks

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That piece of poo poo doesn't deserve PWG

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mob posted:

I'm just going to tell you guys straight up, I poo poo in Sunny's mouth for $8. I paid in quarters.

you're a bad negotiator

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TinTower posted:

Well, Vince is almost gonna side with his wife and his wife's boss who's also a good friend of his. :smith:

Which is exactly why he'd be buried over being fired because he'd completely wreck his loving wife publicly if he fired a guy for having an opinion which differs from Grand Moff Trump

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Where does babinsack post his stuff now so I can avoid it?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Babinsack is at his best when he's reviewing DVDs and talking about how they're not as good when he has to pay for them

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I didn't know the guy who made No Limit covers was a wrestling fan

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

beggar posted:

Maybe Dolph shouldnt be such a flaky rear end fuckboi that stands up vloggers (Challenge you to make it through this whole thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfK6s4eC5GE

Supplemental video: when Ziggler fans strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprrQxbCuk8

The top one made me wonder why on Earth anyone would wear that much makeup and the bottom one answered that question for me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He won a bad conference three times and the most memorable thing he ever did in an NCAA Tournament was lose in the first round to Tyron Woodley.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think it probably rates well on their modestly rated channel and it was an opportunity to continue having that content without having to pay for it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thanks for aids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That kid is a moron. He wrote some really dumb misguided thing about Meltzer a few months ago and he blocked me when I replied to his self sucking tweets about it.