Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I accidentally found something awesome today. I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this but whatever

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1566313483625391/

I like the concept that these people all watch Raw just in the hope they see Sting in TYOOL 2015.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm sure the person who made this looks like a supermodel

As opposed to Finn, who actually was a model.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I literally have no idea who this is, I've tweeted about wrestling maybe three times ever (once calling Vince Russo a moron and twice generic questions to Dave) and he has me blocked. Please if you're posting some :psyduck: inducing tweet from an idiot, use the screenshot feature.

Thanks posting friends!

here you go friend

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

SatansOnion posted:

That “Blast From The Past” idea sounds like a fantastic way for guys like Bret Hart and Steve Austin to die or irrecoverably ruin their bodies on live TV

Didn't Austin hurt himself when he appeared at mania two years ago or whenever it was?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Aphrodite posted:

I think he’s just taking a shot at AJ?

I did a quick scroll through his twitter and yeah I'm pretty sure that is correct

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

davidbix posted:

This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing with Cornette, but I can assure you that he's not working with this stuff. I don't even understand why "Cornette isn't actually mad, he's just working" has become such a widespread thing, past that Omega has an audience and he's spread it.

I don't see why it can't be both. I'm sure Cornette hates the current indie style, but he has a podcast so he takes it up to 12 with the anger and theats and what have you.

It's a carnie business, so you then anything controversial gets turned into heat in an attempt to draw.

Do I think he would he work with those guys if he thought it would earn money? Absolutely.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

He knows wrestling is fake, right? It's not real, so anyone can win.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I always find it really weird that everyone who wants to run down every other wrestling company goes for "Storylines". WWE can't remember what happened last week to next and the only time it really puts any effort in is when it's doing McMahon family bullshit but sure, it's the storylines that keep you coming back to WWE.

It's WWE brain worms. If you're not doing stories the same way WWE does, it doesn't count. All stories have to be told by a wrestler on the mic, speaking for 25 minutes for 30 seconds of actual information. All YouTube stuff is completely unnecessary.

NJPW, the announcers do a good job of explaining, so if you're used to tuning WWE announcers out/watching on mute, you're missing story. If you don't watch the post-match comments, you're missing story. The storylines are also generally a little more subtle, but are much more effective. They got a loving arena to explode in cheers because Okada wasn't wearing pants.

Complaining that AEW doesn't have any storylines before their first show seems very bad faith to me. Also, they do have built storylines, but you have to watch BTE and RtDoN. I've really been enjoying the build, personally.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vince MechMahon posted:

SCU seem like they'd be fun to hang with.

The divorced dad energy is way too strong

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 8, 2019

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Mohawk Potato posted:

Yeah but the people saying the Rock eats babies don't think Bush is monstrous. So they have to invent a way.

Nah, this reads like standard Q people. They think the Bushes are liberals and thus also eat babies.

Anyone who's not an incredibly transparent authoritarian is a deep state pedovore.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

did he really make the same video three times

is this the new way to pad your channel

e: lmao the third video is so mad

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 25, 2020

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

i think my favorite part is him obviously working himself up into a frenzy

video 1 was him saying "im not a wwe lover/hater, im not an aew lover/hater"

video 2 he started reading everything off the paper (obviously not googling anything) and saying how jim cornette had been asking if they were getting paid

video 3 is just him flat out angrily calling aew a "poo indie promotion" and failing to spell payroll correctly.

its art, really

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://twitter.com/Dabigboiman/status/1331355740359933952

:hmmyes:

That Dave tweet is full of large brains.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Finally, a political run I would support Cody in

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

it gets dumber and dumber as it zooms out, amazing

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I know what thread this is, but I still have such a hard time wrapping my head around the “AEW is unreasonably preoccupied with taking shots at WWE” accusation, the reaction to the times i does happen is always so disproportionate.

its not if you think that AEW itself is just a giant shot at WWE

also if you're not used to wrestling promotions acknowledging that other promotions exist

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

unironically posting as the bors comic, forever

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

since adam cole has debuted in AEW, he has had 7 matches in front of a combined 55,000+ people

since bobby fish debuted in AEW, he has had 7 matches in front of a combined 25,000+ people

since adam cole has debuted in AEW, roderick strong and kyle o'reilly have had a combined 6 matches in front of the same 200~ people every week

since his debut, adam cole has gotten 78 minutes of wrestling on TV

since his debut, bobby fish has gotten 45 minutes of wrestling on TV

in that same time, roderick strong and kyle o'reilly have gotten a combined 46 minutes of wrestling on TV

lmao look at this nerd who thinks that people want to see wrestling

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Let me know when there's an American KBS Hall

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://twitter.com/ChellFosters/status/1466877469156253697

this man is deranged

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ganso Bomb posted:

This is so obvious it has to be on purpose. There's no way this could be an accident.

yeah this is 100% an attempt at cheap engagement

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://twitter.com/HeelWillMahoney/status/1504835784234393603

:cry: professionalism :cry:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

pro wrestling doesnt need writers

it needs dungeon masters who can tie everyone's backstory and character goals into cohesive plotline

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

the joker hates forgeries

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

MJeff posted:

The day AEW gets that extension is going to explode a lot of people's brains.

you say that like reality has any hold here

they said and continue to say the exact same stuff regardless of the original deal extension pre-pandemic, the positive responses from Warner, etc

nothing matters besides petty tribalism

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe it’s just me but that tweet about Carmella feels like gross poo poo nobody should have to see. Let this be a place to dunk on idiots, not see some rear end in a top hat feast on someone’s trauma.

yeah, that is a twitter account advertising for some antivax movie or documentary or some poo poo that is advertising through claiming everyone who has ever died unexpectedly is because of the covid vaccine. its loving monstrous

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

don't forget to be casually yet blatantly racist at every opportunity

ah, someone else looked at the replies to that one. dude is racist as poo poo

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shame on WWE for misusing such an incredible talent

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

bad booking is when the guy i like isnt immediately world champ

justice for shawn spears

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Nativity In Black posted:

I think BCC is like TMNT. Mox is Raph, Yoots is Mikey, Claudio is Leo, and Danielson is Donny.

I think that you'll find if you listen to the rap from the end of the first movie that Raph is the leader of the group, transformed from the norm by the nuclear goop :colbert:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

After reading up on Redditors that held Bed Bath and Beyond stock as it dropped from $25 to $.08 and they filed for bankruptcy and they still believed it was all 4D chess by Bed Bath and Beyond to trick the institutional investors and that they were all still going to become rich (and still do), I’m convinced this is what people will actually believe when it’s announced.

The internet has been so much worse for human brains than lead ever was

I feel like it's basically the same thing as how Sovereign Citizens believe the government works. You just have to say the right set of words in the correct order and you're allowed to drive without a license or whatever they want to do.

It's all just scammers further ruining the brains off and exploiting people who just weren't that bright to begin with

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://twitter.com/IronmanIcon/status/1658908653821337618

lmao

"shut up"

"i guess im just too smart :smug: "

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shard posted:

dude is deranged. Honestly if your car is worth more than a house you paid too much for your car and or sean got a really good deal on a home.

https://twitter.com/LockBettingCom/status/1661143164147695617

this dude is pathetic

there should be a no trevors allowed rule

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Why did we not get a series of four video packages where we saw Matthew Buck creating a shoe weapon, and then a promo where he says he's going to create an exploding shoe?

This is why people saw AEW doesn't have storylines. No build!

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Suplex Liberace posted:

i remember getting two sweeted a few times in a bar when i was wearing a bc hoodie like 7 years ago. Nobody bought me poo poo though >:(

I was at a non-wrestling nerd event a few years ago and there was a guy cosplaying Kevin Owens. I told him that I loved the costume, and he said "hell yeah, too sweet me!"

I went in for it, as anyone would, but at the last moment he rudely pulled it away, called me a name and walked off cackling.

10/10 experience.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

MassRafTer posted:

On Rampage Statlander had a good match with Marina Shafir, who Jade Cargill also had a good match with.

marina shafir carrying another jobber

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

sleepwalkers posted:

nobody's talking about the real snub: grado

Grado was on the preshow

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I love Juice as much as anyone but I'm not sure why he's being included in that list of the biggest stars in AEW

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

god its just the lowest effort engagement bait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I love how the snob switches allegiances every six months or so. I can't want to see what his basement setup looks like for this Stardom fascination compared to his NWA and AEW setups.

He wouldn't need to switch it up so much if people would just stop being assholes and make him an Internet wrestling personality already :colbert: