Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Please God, let Glenn Gilberti and Vince Russo tear one another to shreds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cool dude

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Everyone knows that the only people who have ever made fun of someone are AEW fans

https://x.com/JobberNationTV/status/1781012411925041222

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

https://twitter.com/SittingNGorilla/status/1781380682490724441?t=X-XbZOEaGIAtNvdOXt4lUA&s=19

The Dumbest People In The World Looking At A Perfectly Ordinary Situation: "were gonna get to the bottom of this.."

Ever bank

More like

Never… stank

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ringo Roadagain posted:

hes done his time. let him back.

gently caress no

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I just want to brag to my friends irl that I post with a scoopster

If rarity still posts here, then you do

Rarity’s good people and the number one scoopsgal iirc

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

So the joke is that Tony thought it was a bit silly to give him a title match but now Tony looks like a big idiot because WWE saw so much worth in the guy that they fired him.

:hmmyes:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

a dumb moron posted:

I’m gonna post a hot take here:

He’s a carny and a grifter. What else can he do? He is of no value to any territory, he doesn’t sell tickets, he has never been a part of an angle where he was the money drawing driving force, and no one is clamoring to see him. What else can a man who only knows how to grift and work heel do but be a dope on Twitter?

People who were better and more exciting wrestlers than disco have moved on to civilian jobs

The dude who parlayed a punchable face into being a midcard spot filler for five years or so should not have any expectations of longevity in the business imo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The undertaker that was in the mania matches with hbk and hhh and all that is a different person from the undertaker who fought giant gonzales and kane in the 90s

Same deal as ultimate warrior

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Integrated Houston posted:

Goldberg heard AEW doesn’t use real glass.

He only almost lost that arm last time, we gotta go all the way this time

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yes. Goldberg ended the Fiend's undefeated streak at a Saudi show and Goldberg literally squashed Fiend in seconds

He also worked for WCW but apparently nothing WCW ever did was cheesy

Headcheese was wwf only, I don’t think Steve Blackman worked anywhere else major

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

I mean the bit right after that he got real close to just saying "They don't deserve me" or something of the like so I think it's pretty obviously Goldberg thinks he's too good to slum it in AEW

Guarantee he doesn’t want to gently caress up potential future paydays from the ‘e

Someone choosing to go to AEW at this point isn’t gonna get a fantastic reception if they dial up the wwe in a few years, I suspect

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

They got the rock back there is no way they’re ever going to need to break the Goldberg emergency glass ever again

Need to, definitely not

But Goldberg might want to get some extra paydays out of network appearances to smile and wave and such and attend some event, or speak on a retrospective, and thinks the potential of that is higher than anything AEW can or would bother offering a dude who is as washed as Billiam Goldberg

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

Can we get shoot Punk vs. Steve Blackman

I think 60 year old Steve Blackman can still beat punk’s fuckin’ rear end nowadays

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bart Gunn might still have a deadly punch, maybe he can get wheeled out to murder Charles Montgomery punk

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

1) god drat phil sit down son 2) I cannot imagine its good, normal, or expected for airplanes to deal with 200-250 lb men to have tussling matches on them, with the state of planes nowadays its shocking a wwe plane hasn't just fallen out of the air because someone decided they were going to try and put a hammer lock on when they hit a turbulent patch

The argument used to be that the door to an airplane is being held on by the ridiculous amount of pressure differential

Being as that is apparently not as impossible to defeat, considering the Boeing door airplane, I wonder if that changes people’s attitudes vs the Brock/perfect wrestling match on the plane ride from hell

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

a dumb moron posted:

Mid South very famously had the midnight express and Jim Cornette take out Bill Watts

Can’t wait to hear from cornette why that is different

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1783270493157458255?t=fuzhP7TbUQuykiKa5a_xUg&s=19

Bully Ray doesn't like it when the crowd are going hot as gently caress for a great match.

I remember the good old days when midway through the first TLC match, bubba ray decided to stop the match because the crowd was too loud and were chanting too many things and cheering too much

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
When bubbyer ray dudley was giving his famous promo where he talked about the mother teaching her daughter to suck dicks, he knew to stop at a certain point because if he got the crowd too riled up, they would run out of pops for the next match

He was very conscientious that way

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Who is gonna be the real thought leader who criticizes Tony khan for taking the meltzer driver slash tk driver slash evp driver poorly

C’mon, someone has to be that desperate for clicks

Edit: “if Vince had been taking it, it would have been way better and he would have sold his neck for twenty minutes while screaming”

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serperoth posted:

Wasn't the worst Stunner in history the last bump Vince took?

Any discussion of the worst stunner ever requires the viewing of the following two contenders:

https://youtu.be/sEIVzBvK3Cw

https://youtu.be/BTjCrWavEuA

Also, yes Conrad, Eric did do what Tony is doing, but Tony has done it for longer than Eric did, and more successfully

I am still unsure what the gently caress Conrad did to deserve being so tied into so many wrestling personalities

I feel like he is essentially the same as any other rich person that they would have pumped for cash in the past but he is just savvy enough to have launched a podcast empire off of giving old desperate faded stars a regular payday

Am I missing anything with him?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had not realized he had married into the flair family

I am unsure if I knew about him as the podcast guy before he married into the family or after but regardless that does explain a lot

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

He is just not even hiding it anymore, is he

lol/lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

lol, lmao, the pearl clutching

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

You are not allowed to print that Eric Bischoff is mad in the newspaper

Eric Bischoff is not mad and you cannot say that he is mad

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

Newsletter.

:hmmyes:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
It is extremely interesting to me how people who say they hate meltz the most typically have been constantly leaking to him

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Okay, on one hand, who the gently caress is stone cold oh no

But on the other hand, what kind of fuckin’ Internet name is “stone cold oh no“ if you’re going to be a scooperson and journalist

Can someone dunk this freakin’ nerd into a locker already

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

That guy sucks, but mostly because I can't stop singing Stone Cold Oh No to the tune of Chris Hero's NXT theme

Well now I can’t stop singing Stone Cold Oh No to the tune of rancid’s Ruby Soho

:mad:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

lol I have a habit of checking out these dudes’ twitter feeds when they are posted in here

His top tweet is a retweet of Jordan Petersen promoting RFK jr, his next one is a racist meme about Rashida tlaib

Fashies seem to love double double eee

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Probably a good thing that the guy responsible for training new talent in AEW didn’t jump over to the wwe to become their world champion or anything

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

:confused: qt signed back with aew and never won nothin

It was called the nightmare factory for a good long time, I always got the vibe that he really thought highly of his training skills

Maybe I am giving codester the credit that they gave Shawn Michaels for “training” Danielson, even if Michaels showed up like once a week at most

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

QT is the trainer, Cody is an owner and involved with the facility but QT is the guy who is way more responsible for training.

Well that makes my joke much less funny and not hit right anymore, thanks reality

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's really funny how they've latched onto the Just Another Guy thing which has been a massive complaint about WWE for many many years. Like...you can't just recycle the same complaints about a different company that functions in a different manner, it doesn't work that way!!

I have said this before and gotten razzed for it, but I really do think there is something to the weird trend of how many right wing nerds are fans of wwe and how they are applying the same tricks and routines to wrestling that is happening in politics

This is them taking an accusation towards their favored thing, like how purity balls look like they are grooming for molestation or how trump lies constantly, and taking that accusation and trying to use it against the accusers

People who disliked purity balls called it a groomer party? All lgbtq people must be groomers.

Trump is a lying liar? Nah, fake news. Everyone lies but him.

Everyone in wwe is turned into just another guy and there is no star attraction anymore? Nah, your favorite wrestler is the one who is just a guy.

I have been hearing from political nerds about the pro wrestling-ization of politics, but there is also a politicization of wrestling and most other things these days and I am not the world’s biggest fan of this trend tbh

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

“He knows that being a Walmart greeter is his next stop” says the man who has had zero accomplishments in the wrestling business for a decade, and zero positive achievements done for like 25 years

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

You can’t fool me, that’s swerve’s actual account but you time displaced the tweet from the buildup to Okada/swerve in 2025

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

little munchkin posted:

lol at having to call the host of your wrestling podcast a "movie monster" because that's the original concept but it didn't take off and twitter blue takes away your ability to rebrand easily

Tbf

Did this concept take off?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DLC Inc posted:

https://x.com/enforcerchris_/status/1785780692078461000

the Fiend/Bray Wyatt people are so fascinating to me

I am pretty sure that means that JFK is coming back at the rumble

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don’t know why people like chanting ecw so much but I did like the vampire lady with the big hoobajoobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cult of Pies posted:

Jim's still cookin'

I too never admit when I made a weird assumption, and therefore must die on any hill I have ever even looked at

I think that is a weird effect of social media, when something half baked that someone said offhand becomes something they get called on later, some dudes like this feel the need to never, ever let anyone think they were the slightest bit wrong

One major color is not going to become property of any one wrestler, especially not one who is still trying to get over, and thinking that is just silly

Even when Taz tries to be weird about orange, it feels like he is just being huffy over nothing. Kane wasn’t the only guy to ever wear red.