Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I flew too close to the sun trying to dunk on a rando making GBS threads on the meltz

I assume he thought i was talking to him, but now i feel bad that he thought i was being a dick to him. No, dave, this other guy has an account for a podcast and he hasn’t released an episode in 3 years, im making GBS threads on him

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

she has filed DMCA claims against people posting personal pictures of her to harass her. AEW has filed DMCA claims against bad faith clip accounts. this led to the assumption that aubrey is the one personally filing DMCA claims for AEW, which supposedly makes them fraudulent because they mistakenly think a DMCA agent is the person who has to file copyright claims, instead of being the person who handles them, and aubrey is not listed as AEW's DMCA agent

These people remind me of the stories I had heard about why tiny toons got canceled, where a stalker had been sending stuff to Tress MacNeill and she got so creeped out, she didn't want to sign a new contract to keep the show going.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

The funniest thing to me are these conspiracy theories that Tony Khan is floating money towards anyone who likes AEW.

The Botchamania guy? On the payroll. Wrestling with Wregret? On the payroll.

Just millions of dollars flowing towards random youtubers without a single shred of evidence. I'm curious how many of these people also think the world is run by Lizard People.

Nobody in the world likes this thing that was made specifically to attack my beloved fandom

They are all being bribed to do this JUST to make me upset

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
That guy drew a lot of conclusions about a show based off of thirdhand information and stuff he didn’t know, like calling rush of all people a jobber

And wrote a whoooooole lot

If he had spent that time watching the show, he might have actually enjoyed it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

Well you see they don't watch the show so they think Young Bucks matches are just 15 straight minutes of people doing superkicks and canadian destroyers and literally nothing else

I don’t see how it matters that they don’t watch the matches, they read the reviews

Stop gatekeeping criticism behind having to experience the thing being criticized <:mad:>

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

keithy george posted:

On some level I have sympathy for american wrestling fans, every big american sport is isolationist and you can't help them for getting the idea that the rest of the globe is just full of useless blundering idiots who can't make it. they don't like soccer because they'd have to watch the world cup and would get upset that other countries exist.

I personally do not accept that excuse, people need to be more curious about the world and stop just accepting what gets put in front of them

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I always want to know what the average person who owns this sort of account thinks they’re accomplishing

Is he shitposting into the void? Knowing he gets basically zero interaction on his dumb viewpoints? Or does he think he is actually striking a blow against those gosh darn marks, which he uses the cringiest fuckin’ nickname for

I’ve seen some lovely always-online nicknames for politicians that make me want to eat my own head, but this guy makes me want to cringe into nonexistence

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

Maybe they're just stupid and can't be changed for good.

I keep getting tempted to get into dumb slapfights on social media with people like this, but i have been trying to tell myself that i don’t actually give a poo poo about this rando’s opinion and half of all the people you see out in the world are extremely, extremely stupid

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Any time i read one of these posts by a superfan of the fiend, i become absolutely convinced that the person in question has one of those “i can be yuor angle or yuour devil :devil:“ posts in their internet past

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Huh, weird, he is quoting himself and saying the same thing, what is his deal?

:stare:

Oh

Oh…

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wonder if the whole thing here is them trying to quash the punk face vibes and turn him heel. Going against mox is likely gonna get punk SOME boos, and then if he forms a stable with ftr or some other folk, maybe hangman tries to go for punk and does the babyface in peril routine heading into a pyperview? Probably not all out by this point, but who knows?

I just hope that it is an angle, hanger is the best and doesnt deserve this kind of shabby treatment

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Nah it was a merger, the other guy is Mark Time.

I think i saw mark time wrestle at an indy show once

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mooseinfants posted:

Is Dutch one of the dudes angry TK didn't give him a job

he also has become exactly the type of person politically you might worry that dutch mantel may be

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
eric bischoff is a man who has added lots of value to the wrestling world in the past twenty years and definitely should have all of his opinions be taken as gospel

What has he done in the past twenty years, why, you should-

Hey, look over there!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

Killing TNA. Another to his sleeve.

I would only give him credit if it actually died, he couldnt even get that right

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
With all the code of honor handshake stuff, i too thought “is this a backdoor pilot for an upcoming roh thing, be it a show, a youtube show, or just a big live show?” While watching last night

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Misawa is the worst of the 4 pillars at the act of remaining alive

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

It is amazing seeing the people who endlessly whine about having to google wrestlers from AAA or NJPW who show up in AEW cause they don't want to learn about anything outside the show they're watching but have no problem scrounging through HTML and scanning QR codes just to watch a 3 second clip from a youtube video to find answers to a mystery that's already been solved for them

That’s a hell of a claim you are making there, but seeing as i remember those arguments, and that wasn’t what people were saying, i suspect you are getting mad at a person you are making up in your head

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cult of Pies posted:

choreografed

I too think that six star Kenneth Omega, the Best Bout Machine who has wrestled in front of a packed Tokyo Dome crowd red-hot for him, should ask for advice on how to get over from either of the Smokin’ Gunns

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

He could probably learn some things from Billy since Billy is currently more over. No one should be so arrogant to think they are above learning from experience.

Then he should go talk to Caster and Bowens because i put the overness entirely on them :colbert:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1glitch0 posted:

lol fr? He's awesome right now but dude has been over like 4 total years in his 30 year career.

With three of those years actually belonging to Road Dogg, and one thus far belonging to Caster and Bowens.

Daddy rear end is a phenomenal wrestler and a credit to his skill that he can go at this high a level this many years later, but the dude never got himself over imo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Somebody has obviously never seen Show-Gunns.

He was better without big show because his solo music at that time was p. fun

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bartok posted:

it would be pretty funny if an opponent sold them like death

I always fall apart giggling when someone does sell it but just as half heartedly

It doesn’t happen every time, but when it does, it is my favorite loving spot

Really, the whole match with sting and OC was delightful

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

lol that guy wants every pro wrestler to be exactly the same

Charlie on Ethan Page’s v-log is a huge fan of Blonde Wrestler, the generic 80s chubby dadbod wrestler that there were endless versions of, with the highest profile one being Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

That guy wants every wrester to be Blonde Wrestler

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah there's always a Gareth in the chat on Dynamite/Rampage on FITE too, when I have the misfortune of not turning that off right away.

The most satisfying moment of my week every week is immediately closing that chat

Holy poo poo is that chat a nightmare

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

Imagine paying for Fite TV just so you can whine on a product you don't like. Genuinely such a sad use of time and money.

They don’t see it as whining, they see it as owning the libsaewailures, and trolling us is a divine journey they are on

I think i heard somewhere once that the internet makes you stupid

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrBling posted:

blue checkmarks were devalued long before Musk came in. Basically if you were any sort of journalist (and you can define that as loosely as you want) you could get a checkmark.

Checkmarks are not even supposed to have any loving value, they are just to keep scam accounts from being able to portray themselves as the real thing as easily

Like those scammers who got duped into selling their house for fake wwe women

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I feel like i would inflict psychic damage on myself to read this guy’s other tweets for context

What is his idea, that it bred/encouraged flippy vanilla midgets or something?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Squishy posted:

After a search for "RoH" from that account, I scrolled through months of posts bemoaning RoH on AEW, crowing that the ratings drip when RoH is on the TV, hoping Tony Kahn will foresake the experiment, I found this at the very start. "Cause ROH convinced an entire generation that the only thing that matters is in ring work and you see the result of that. It's a reason why folks like Roman and MJF is ahead of everyone else and not workers like Roddy strong and Claudio"
So not just flippy guys - just workers in general.

That’s a heck of a take, when all he had to say was “i like promoes and entrances only”

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is like the peak of wrestling brain that drives me nuts. His entire problem is that the segment didn't follow rules he made up in his head about wrestling. It entirely works in kayfabe if you just don't have a made up rule in your head that one babyface can't be mad at another for beating him in a match. Wrestlers have always gotten heated in kayfabe if they lose by ref stoppage. Mox literally called out that no one was on his level and the guy who lost because of a freak accident instead of being pinned stepped out to challenge him! It makes perfect sense.

He's been getting worse and worse at starting with a conclusion and working to the reason.

The WWE fans in the comments are even worse, arguing that hangman should be sad and embarrassed and even humiliated that he got beat

As opposed to the concussion only making hangman have more he needs to prove, especially after that "I am a man" promo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanks booker, glad to hear that nobody should try to make money off mandy rose’s looks now that she is not making wwe any money off her looks

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hoss Corncave posted:

I remember in NXT his promos seemed unique and fun.

Then he ended up on the main roster and all his promos seemed like "Smack talker Skywalker, cuppa haters".

Then he got fired and became increasingly more embarrassing and he's continuing to descend further.

I remember listening to a shoot interview of some kind with him, and he had apparently gone through dozens of notebooks filling them with promo ideas

I suspect he had used his best material by the time he got to the main roster

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Adam Cole only won the Owen Hart Cup, wrestled for the world title twice, headlined two PPVs, reformed his stable from NXT and was featured weekly in a high profile storyline with his friends in the Elite. AEW has done literally nothing with him. Shame on you Tony Khan.

Seeing as konnan typically gets as high as he can during his podcast, i take everything he says with an enormous grain of salt

This is some “i am too high to remember that he is out with an injury” stoner logic right churr

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Joey McChrist posted:

hes mad he cant get a job there

Terminal Cornetteitis

Ed: with a side order of a dose of Bischofforrea

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

Let's remember that this last match was Mox/Taleshita 2 and all you needed to say is that Takeshita wants his salty runback and he's been training to get better since last time so now it'll be even more competitive

Considering there are people still arguing on twitter that hangman has no reason to be mad at moxley, i don’t think there is any getting through to some people

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want to see la knight have to do the charlie brown from outta town gimmick but call himself “la knight” and just wear a lucha mask and change literally nothing else

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guillermus posted:

https://twitter.com/HaimMussayev3/status/1610785502877356032?t=ypaRWGNthazMOVMM4TwJvg&s=19

Why would you desire bad things to Kenny if you're not Ace Steel?

Don't be like me and look at that profile. It hurts.

why is that dude capitalizing every word in his stream of consciousness tweets

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The amount of bizarre poo poo that nerds on twitter dump on aubrey over is always a list of things that male refs have done for years but because a lady is doing them, it is suddenly bad

Hebner, li’l Naitch, Nick Patrick, Bill Alfonso, and even Bryce Remsberg will/did all do stuff that Aubrey gets poo poo over on Twitter by these weirdoes

It is super obvious and petty

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jonny Nox posted:

Also Ringside dude is getting dragged so hard he's trending.

Seriously what is that dude’s issue, why is he like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Please, stop ruining Wrestlemania season

I do not think that person quite understands how vince runs the wwe