Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

Aj is no longer in TNA, therefore TNA was correct to let him go, therefore AJ is really bad. It makes perfect sense

"Sure, maybe Eric isn't as pretty as AJ, but he thinks we're beautiful, and he loves us and he's never leaving, and that's what matters!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Maybe Punk doesn't want a bodyguard because they probably aren't cheap to have around.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

laz0rbeak posted:

More gems from the TNAsylum. http://www.tnasylum.com/2014/05/we-are-all-wrestlings-biggest-enemy.html

Time to finally get to the root of TNA's problems: the fans!

Yup, all other shows have fanbases that are just positive about their fandom 100% of the time. And do you really have to "look" for logic gaps in TNA wrestling?

Other enemies include the English language:

On how ridiculous it is to find race as a factor in MVP's stable:

If a stable had 100% of a promotion's white wrestlers in it and no one else, I think it might be seen by some as a racially motivated stable. Can't wait for Rampage or some more Bellator guys to join up with MVP.

Apparently he's never heard of a little show called Lost. Jesus.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's some pandering, right there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Good effort although your run on sentence did not run on long enough.

Not enough typos either.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

God Of Paradise posted:

At one point in time ROH had the best in-ring wrestling product in North America, or possibly the world.

TNA have never been best at anything. Except maybe embarrassing themselves as a company.

ROH is probably back to "best in the U.S.", in-ring wise. PWG might have a conention there, but they run less frequently and use a bunch of the same guys.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Reminder there are obsessive weirdoes that have various wrestlers mentions on super high priority watch lists.

And there's other weirdoes that have bios that read like "DM'd by John Cena 5/15/13 Followed by Dean Ambrose, Natalya is my life" Almost verbatim, every single time.

Wasn't there a dude who tweeted the better half of the WWE roster talking about his dead grandma asking for a sympathy retweet?

He might have been the same guy who had a thing for Kelly Kelly and felt the need to characterize every other diva as a whore.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 2, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I have no loving idea what he's talking about here. Guess I am not one of his hardcore peeps. :newlol:

I assume he's referring to the "THE CHAMP IS HERE" chants Joe used to get in ROH.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Reading it back, the "isn't non-violent" makes it probably "JOE IS GONNA KILL YOU."

And who the gently caress can't pronouce "Samoa" besides Scott Steiner?

poo poo, I read it wrong, and thought it said *is* non violent.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

I can see how a casual fan wouldn't know about Doink or whatever, but wasn't Cade's death heavily publicized since it was during Linda's senate run?

She took some heat because somebody who knew Cade pointed out she didn't even know his name when they met.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

laz0rbeak posted:

I just read this Babinsack article and need this translated into English:

What the gently caress is he talking about?

My Ultimate Warrior to Babinsack to English translator is broken, sorry

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 21, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Some ECW fans swore up and down that in the 11th hour, a TV deal would materialize. And ECW gave the wrestling world far more than TNA ever did.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
More than anything, I'm fascinated to see who, if anybody, takes the spot TNA has now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Delsaber posted:

Slamball returns to Spike TV, Thursdays at 9/8c!

I'd prefer RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROLLLLLLLLLLLLLERRRRRRRRRJJJJJJJAMMMMMMMM

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Mainly stems from Tweets like this:

Rovert, you anti-TNA son of a bitch

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

Can't wait for Flapjack Dean Ambrose.

HE ATE 298 PILLS!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Easy to forget Big Dave is a fan.

Much like Dr.Drew, he's also a man of exquisite passion.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This has mainly just become the "TNA fans say the darndest things" thread. Not that I have a problem with that, per se.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Yuji Nagata and Minoru Suzuki are only a year younger.

If KANE is good for his age, they would blow his mind.

I'm just gonna point out it's a bit unfair to compare Kane to people like Liger, Nagata and MiSu, in both directions. On one hand, Liger, Nagata and MiSu would be expected to do more because they're smaller.

On the other hand, Kane is enormous, and for a guy his age and his size, moves pretty well, so it's not that weird somebody could be tricked into thinking he's better than he is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I too cannot decipher the difference between kayfabe and real life.

Jesus, aren't we about due for Joe Babinsack to say something dumb? At least his stuff doesn't make me feel guilty for laughing at it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

I can understand that some people genuinely love the product although I may question their taste. I don't get why that means you have to be in denial of reality though. Go ahead and mourn the fact that more people don't appreciate this "great product" if you want, but it's insane to deny every piece of evidence out there that the company's struggling at best and could possibly die very, very, soon.

I'm a sad NJPW mark and I don't get pissed when Meltzer questions their business decisions or points out that this current run isn't going to last more than a few years if they can't develop some new talent.

I'm pretty sure if they started running main events of Manabu Nakanishi vs Toru Yano, you'd be willing to call it for what it was, also.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That reminds me of that call MassRanTer had in the queue for Nitro where a guy calls into WOL and asks when WCW will be coming back, and doesn't seem able to take "It's dead and gone and not coming back" as an answer.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder how many people have had their mental illness exposed to millions worldwide because of Youtube.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

More scoops than me.

But not more scoops than Al Isaacs, that guy's in a league of his own.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
True, hardcore fans....who can't be bothered to financially support the product.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't afford to. They're all clubbing together to get a slice of a Dominoes Pizza without even getting any toppings, like.

I'd feel for them if they weren't so goddamn smug about their love of something so unbelievably lovely.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

They order dominos delivery so they can meet their favorite TNA superstars.

It's probably a bit disappointing when the pizza arrives half eaten, though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

the best is the one reply to this claiming that HHH stole the heel owner role from Dixie, as if it had never been done before TNA arrived

Made funnier by the fact that HHH has never been presented as being the owner of the company, just the top executive.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Guys I question if the best thing to ever happen to our company was any good, amirite

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hawk Huggins would be a good Firepro name for Hogan.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
At some point in their respective days, these guys sat down, perused that website, and said to themselves "I need the world to know that I think John Cena, and other wrestlers who have worked for WWE, are terrible and also gay".

Honestly, why bother? Like, I know we have a TNA thread here and we're less than kind to them, but jesus, it's certainly more articulate than that, at least.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
...that is worrisome.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Even if Punk still wanted to wrestle, TNA would not even be second on his list.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm a bit surprised none of you have tried to buy one of these chucklefucks an account here.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

From the 10/27/97 Observer

Pure, unadulterated ignorance. Wow.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Is anyone on Mecca or Asylum irrationally excited about the JR/Striker TNA namedrops on WK9 potentially leading to international exposure for the company, or is it dead to them because Styles and Jarrett are TNA turncoats?

I've seen those folks bash NJPW pretty hard so it's quite likely they're unaware of it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I just realized something: you know how one of the main complaints about TNA is their endless attempts to emulate ECW? Even when it comes to complaining about the way the flagship show is promoted (on the same network, no less), they have the same complaints (although ECW on TNN was promoted sorta poorly).

Learn a new song, TNA Mecca/Asylum (I can't be bothered to differentiate which one said it).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Optimist with doubt posted:

You know I was just thinking that TNA was exactly like Brian Wilson because that is a rational thought for a human being to have.

Maybe he just meant that there's a lot of cocaine involved.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

if TNA partnered with One Hour Tees, Colt Cabana would end up owning TNA before the day was over.

That would actually improve the product, I say do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Do they really still believe that "Discovery is paying 3x as much as Spike was," bullshit? Surely not.

Delusion is a hell of a drug.