Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Maybe it would make more sense to me if they weren't constantly putting on their tinfoil hats and demanding bibliographies, birth certificates and annotated charts whenever someone reports a ratings figure they don't like, but seem to take this "backstage buzz," as gospel without a second thought.

Actually, this is quite common with conspiracy theory type thinking (which they definitely ascribe to). They look for confirmation bias that lines up with what they've decided is the unbridled truth~!, and if anybody uses things like cold, hard facts, they get called things like shills for the establishment, or haters, or whatever fits the narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

i think NomDePlume is a troll

Too subtle. For them, anyways.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Also any actual provided proof is faked, because everything can be faked and strings can be pulled to get everyone involved in producing said proof on the conspiracy's side with no leaks ever.

Yeah, that part's vital, too. And we've actually seen it with these mooks, because they claim everything out of Meltz's mouth is pure fabrication.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tell 'em Steve-Dave

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kanyon could have said no, but he could have also lost his job. And WWE was the only game in town at the time. TNA wasn't even around. And I'm not sure Japan would have wanted him, maybe he could have made that work but I sorta doubt it.

One thing about Kanyon: Any time you hear James Mitchell launch into a Kanyon story, plant your rear end and listen, because they're all great.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He probably holds AJ's personal politics against him. I mean, people here have mocked AJ for his views as well, but I doubt any of us would claim he wasn't a drat good wrestler.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gatorfade posted:

AJ's opinion on gays is loving atrocious, but who cares? He doesn't go around spewing his hatred, at least not to my knowledge. He can have his lovely opinions as long as he isn't spreading them all over. If I get more matches like the one with Suzuki, he can believe whatever he wants.

Just to play devil's advocate, he does frequently say "human being" as an exclamation of pain when he's in the ring. There was a big to-do about it when he did it while wrestling CIMA for ROH years ago.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gatorfade posted:

Has he done that lately? I watch a lot of his NJPW stuff and I haven't noticed. If he has, shame on him. Although, it'll still be hard for me to dislike his work. Because it's so drat good.

Not that I've noticed. It was a habit for a while though. I remember him doing it WAY back when he was in NWA Wildside, as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

If we're playing devil's advocate, if any of us actually cared about morals of wrestlers we would have stopped watching long ago.

An excellent point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I feel like a terrible person but this is so absurd I almost find it funny. Like not if he's yelling it at the person beating him up, but like, would he stub his toe in the privacy of his own home with no one around and scream that word instead of just going, "AGH poo poo!" or something?

It is fairly ridiculous. I laughed too, but man, I remember a pretty nasty debate on what I remember as DVDVR (It was during ROH's first few years so I may be remembering the place the argument happened wrong) about it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Which is telling, considering people still occasionally chant ECW at Paul Heyman.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

When they had the ECW reunion years ago, they called it "Extreme Violence 2.0" (EV2), and stunningly, I remember the fans actually chanting "Ee-vee-two-point-oh!"

Anything to avoid chanting for TNA, I guess.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

TNA Mecca hates Samoa Joe now.

Is it the gaming thing?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I hope he puts his career back together. I know a lot of folks feel he'll never live down all the humiliating poo poo in TNA, but I don't think indy people will care if he starts popping up in PWG and ROH and killing fools. I've always liked Joe.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I doubt the report is true, but a monthly special on Spike would make sense for Sinclair IMO.

It would also supply this thread with endless fuel once Mecca and Asylum got wind of it, so I'm all for it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

He's a filthy stinking liar.

Rey Mysterio isn't an employee!

Legally he still is

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If I was an indy wrestler I'd really wanna form a tag team that's a mixture of The Truth Commission and Adrian Adonis called The Gay Revolution.

Their finish would almost assuredly have to be called "The Gay Agenda"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

EC3 is more of the exception, rather than the rule though. They also picked up BrodusTyrus, Mike Knox, and Ezekiel Jackson. I guess they did okay with Bram too (people seem to like him anyhow). That said I don't really know anything about Ricker other than him being on that Hero reality show that the Rock hosted and seeing him be a jobber in NXT. I can't think of an actual match I've seen him work or a promo he's done beyond that.

He worked in NWA Wildside and has some charisma, he's an okay but not great wrestler.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Mecca folks are talking him up like he's in Aries league. Isn't he kind of on the older side after having spent so long in NXT?
Well, WWE signed him at 31, cut him at 32. So he really didn't spend that long there. As far as his age, well, TNA needs talent, he's not completely useless, so his age doesn't factor in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

For some reason I thought he was there a lot longer, I guess because he had a few short stints there.

Well, I mean the first couple are just him doing job duty. If you look at Johnny Devine's wiki, it mentions him doing a job for Animal and Heidenreich, but he was never under contract. Wikipedia tends to list guys as being with companies if they simply just appear there.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

South Park's latest season was the first one with real continuity and it was loving awful

The fact that it used continuity wasn't the problem, it was that it wasn't very funny, especially since other seasons have used continuity when it suited them.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

njsykora posted:

There's also the fact that when Roman was in NXT his character was basically a parody of every arrogant 'blue chip' hand picked superstar. Being too busy making phone calls to do interviews, bullying ring announcers to give him special treatment, just a complete spoiled prick who was too good for this poo poo.

If that were his character I'd probably be more entertained by him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah, they need to realize that TNA getting their poo poo together would be GOOD for Dave.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Malikov posted:

That Gleed article on PW.net about TNAs popularity in the UK is embarrassing

Dude reached out to one of the guys at mecca for a quote haha

They attract such an idiotic following in the uk.

I think the UK is just starved for a wrestling product that has recognizable faces, and TNA does still have guys like Angle.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not only that, but these are essentially both top 5 fighters, the chances it would end by KO or even TKO were pretty drat slim.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

hope it turns out to be Metsfan playing the long game

It'd be pretty amazing if it was just some dumbass internet buddy being fed info by MetsFan

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

schweens posted:

He's not a fan

A sure sign they're doing something right

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

never like each other "anymore"

That seriously sounds like something a kid whose grasp on grammar is pretty shaky would say.

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't follow TNA at all, so can someone explain the "they hired nazis" thing to me, please?

They hired the Harris twins, who have ties to Neo Nazi groups and wear neo nazi merch (and have been fired for doing so before).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alain Post posted:

I want to see what happens when WWE buys the TNA tape library.

Vince wonders what happened to that dollar bill that was in his wallet on Tuesday on a Friday, because he really wanted that Baby Ruth. Then he remembers buying TNA. Old age is a bitch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MotU posted:

because then Kevin Dunn will leap into the fire to save the tapes, thus solidifying his position further

If anything it should have the reverse effect

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

12-week back breaking course with Roddy Strong.

Sounds like some backbreaking labor

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sebastian Vettel posted:

Why are they talking about pizza?

Pizza doesn't lie to them and it pretty much always gives them it's money's worth, so it's kind of the highlight of their week.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

super macho dude posted:

NomDePlume is a national treasure and I fully expect him to be outed as a PSP'er after TNA folds.

What if he is also banjo?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

I still laugh over this one. It's so incredibly low effort.

It reminds me of that gag from Billy Madison where he's in High School and goes "Chlorophyll? More like Blowrophyll, amirite?" and he gets zero as a response.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I Before E posted:

Well I mean that depends on what you mean by "major match" and who the third and fourth guys are. Adding Misawa and Kobashi to the average TNA main event probably wouldn't hurt.

Even in their current states.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

The Mecca crew doesn't want you to remember that they blamed Spike for everything and thought DA had a bigger audience.

Taking cues from TNA management. Dixie would be proud.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

John Cena was in a movie with Amy Schumer who is on a network with Daily Show and was a guest on it during Jon's final week. So he hit him with a chair.

And Seth Rollins caught racism through his modest dick.

Are you sure it's not just humblebragging

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
All we need is a WON subscription

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Testekill posted:

Gangrel was the happiest vampire. Like how could you not love his headbob in his entrance

That just makes me think of the clip somebody posted here where Gangrel enters into the rumble, and there's a bunch of bros with their arms around each other boppin' away to his music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I think a big issue with women's wrestling is that it's way harder to push people who are poor workers.

Traditionally when you have a male worker being pushed as a top guy despite being limited in the ring, they look like Braun Strowman or Ryback. You can in kayfabe terms put it over that they're just ridiculously strong and tough so they don't need technique.

No one is going to believe that about Eva Marie, so if it's also clear that she's slow, awkward, and lacking in technique, it just destroys any match where you're trying to put her over someone who is clearly way better than her.

I guess that's, you know, the mentality, of an old school kind of person and normally I find that irrelevant, but it just makes me groan watching her matches

Not only that, but some dudes are able to mitigate poor ring work with mic skills. The women on WWE's roster who are poor workers are also poor promos.