Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Reminder, wrestling reports tend to be smarky as hell and full of babies:

quote:

Dot Net Member Adam Dunn attended WWE Raw in St. Louis, Missouri and sent the following report.

Half the upper deck was tarped off. I've never seen that before.

The crowd was red hot to start the show. Lot's of noise for the Bray Wyatt and John Cena opening segment, which came across simply amazing live.

The Uso's winning was very well received too.

Either I've gotten old or they have turned up the audio on the shows to deafening levels. I never remember it being that loud for the dozen or so events I have been too. Every commercial break and entrance theme was like a rock concert.

The crowd was dead until Daniel Bryan came out, and then they were dead for the remainder of the show. There was just an empty feeling in the arena with simply too much filler.

Overall, it was probably the worst wrestling show I've been to. And that includes a godawful Smackdown in 2004 where Josh Matthews was in the main event. Unless someone gives me ringside seats, I won't be at the Survivor Series in November.

Last night's RAW wasn't even bad. Good? Probably not. But not the WORST WRESTLING SHOW EVER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
While it isn't TERRIBLE right now, you should keep an eye on this site:

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/

It's a site ran by Vince Russo, and he's hiring people to write articles for him. I can only imagine how this will go.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wrestling fans are terrible terrible people.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2057476-cm-punk-becomes-the-latest-victim-of-wrestling-fans-obsessiveness-in-retirement

If anything in that article is true (and it wouldn't shock me), then yes I am disappointed (NOT SHOCKED) about how fans are reacting with Punk.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Vince Russo reviewed RAW. It was a pretty bog standard review, until...

quote:

But, here is where it broke down for me: with the dozen plus colorful characters by Rose’s side–-I couldn’t take my eyes off of the “Easter Bunny”. I don’t know, he was just mesmerizing to me. Maybe it’s a TRIX fetish from back in the day–-who knows what goes through my twisted mind any more.

God bless Vince Russo and his insanity. :allears:

There are other choice quotes but I'll let you read them yourself.

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/bro-freakin-easter-bunny-raw/

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 23, 2014

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TNA Mecca is the Free Republic (:freep:) of the pro wrestling world.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So some context behind what I'm about to post. Two girls (I think they are girls) kept tagging Seth Rollins in their tweets, even if they didn't involve him. Naturally he got annoyed by it.

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/469719092157759488

The replies were really terrible. Well the girls did apologize. But then the comments after that included: I hope you break your neck, then someone replied with: I hope something worse happens. Or that he could rot in hell. The whole comment stream is beyond stupid, even for twitter.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

HulkaMatt posted:

I agree, WWE should book WrestleMania to be a joint show with a place like All Japan in the less than 2k seat arena, Korakuen Hall.

I think TNAMecca and Asylum are the free republic of the wrestling world. :freep:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

One day I hope you run into Samoa Joe on the street and tell him: "Please work out."

Also never stop posting in the TNA thread either as you learning how stupid TNA is makes my day.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Whoever says YouTube comments can't make you laugh are stupid people. Almost as stupid as the people in the comments:

In reply to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goa1DQI-1a4

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If you don't like John Cena, you are gay!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvFWlmgwT-0

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Hulkamatt, please rename the thread to: Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions: Tweets, Asylums, Meccas and Mets Fans.

MetsFan meltdowns are the best. The fact that he's claiming he's more credible than Dave is :allears:.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sticklefifer posted:

Why not just burn them in that case.

Please think of the environment. TNA would destroy it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dave Mentzer. That's a new one.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Retweeted by the TNAMecca Quotes twitter account:

"Simulated Fighting"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RAW may be bad, but it would still slaughter TNA, ratings wise.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
e: ignore post

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wrestling Forum posted:

After witnessing the mediocrity of Nikki Cross and Ruby Riot, I'm inclined to declare that NXT Women's match a disgrace of the highest order. Up until Bayley's title reign, I looked forward to NXT Women's matches the most at Takeovers because they were traditionally one of the best, if not THE best match on the card. Since Bayley's reign and transitioning into Asuka's, the matches have been average to good. Tonight's match was a travesty. I'm disgusted that these two emo goth girls were allowed to show themselves on a live special with that half assed performance. It's like they were selected because none of the performance center girls are believable, (mostly due to the stupidity of the booking team) so they threw in the girls with the most indy cred. That's not going to cut anymore.

We knew this would be a filler match, so why not spend the last month building a PC girl instead of wasting everyone's time? It's like they want to rush Ruby Riot so she can siphon off what's left of Paige's fanbase. There are plenty of girls who have been sitting on simmer for at least a year that they could've used to put on an equal or potentially greater performance than what we witnessed tonight. I don't care if Mandy Rose is a heel. She's made the most noticeable improvements and people want to see her pushed. Use her. Build Liv Morgan. Work with her on promos. Invest in your current talent instead of running to the indies everytime people stop giving a gently caress about NXT, otherwise, this cycle is destined to repeat itself forever.

I can't believe there are unironic Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose fans in 2017. :psyduck:

I mean I don't really disagree on that last part, but no one sane thinks Morgan or Rose are even remotely credible (and a month of solid booking wouldn't fix that), and they are infinitely worse than Cross and Riot in the ring.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So the Big Guy is a real big pile of garbage. Who would have thought?

https://twitter.com/nicolesbrianna/status/887425838341382145/video/1

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
But wait, there's more! He posted this as a reply later on, via snapchat. Someone took it and uploaded it to Streamable.

https://streamable.com/qapmh

He is literally this tweet right now:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 19, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey Jerusalem please rename the thread title to something more fitting, thanks!

Or he's a zombie. Who knows! Better get Austin Aries on the case!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
RIP BigDawg801. Never forget.

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888911631954182144

And I guess MisterTNA, but who cares about him?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Today in bad absolutely loving terrible fantasy booking land:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6qnuyg/baron_corbin_luke_harper_and_erick_rowan_should/

Baron Corbin, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan should form a Biker Gang called "The Lone Wolves" and hospitalize the GM Daniel Bryan posted:

These guys are wreaking havoc on Smackdown Live and cause chaos by interfering in matches to cut their promos and ruining title matches just for shits and giggles. Corbin threatens to cash his MITB contract with these ruthless motorcycle buddies on his side for intimidation.
So Bryan says if you disobey the rules one more time you're suspended without pay. So they drag him kicking and screaming into a room and take turns beating up on Daniel. The report is Bryan has to go to hospital for internal bleeding and physical/emotional trauma. The rumor is they took turns raping him.
Now nobody is going to gently caress with the The Lone Wolves.

My reaction is a combination of :wtc: and :chloe:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm shocked that no one on here visits one of the top sites for bad wrestling opinions: WRESTLING FORUM DOT COM

With scorching hot takes like these:

Bryan Jericho posted:

What complete crap. Having people on the ramp applauding? GTFO. The women are thrilles because maybe the division can get back to actually meaning something and not have to deal with this "Oh Asuka is undefeated" BS. Should have lost it to Ember before she left, but nope she just got to make every woman down there look awful and then leave. Great job there HHH. Hope she loses her first Raw match to Dana Brooke.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/nxt/2227409-spoilers-asuka-nxt-womens-championship-13.html#post69866177

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Emphesis mine:

quote:

PC barbies and WWE agents limiting her doesn't cause her to be one of the worst selling veterans in the whole company, they don't cause her offense to be 70% kicks and 25% rear end attacks, they might have caused her kicks to be weaker, but it's her fault for not adjusting her offense if they don't let her kick the way she's used to. Kairi is faster, crisper, a better storyteller and has a more interesting and versatile offense, Kairi's going to be wowing people while Asuka is still throwing those same 4 weak, sloppy kicks, doing 5 rear end attacks per match and no selling everything like the Terminator.

(If you couldn't tell, its about Asuka)

Also when someone pointed out the recent Ember Moon vs Asuka match to prove that she can sell...

quote:

Her bumping was tremendous but her selling was atrocious, rewatch the match and see how quickly she popped up after every one of Ember's impact moves, look at her facials and how she seems more tired than pained, notice how she takes repeated shots to a body part and never hold that part until after she wins at which point she always holds her stomach.

Wrestling Forum is a goldmine of terrible opinions/posters.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

WadeBartender posted:

Is it because they dont like Asuka because im gonna be completely honest, you're starting to make me not like her as well

Eh? No? They have plenty of other bad threads there as well. Like the one that blames Emma for the fact that creative has (had?) nothing for her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
:stare:

Feminism's effect on WWE disgusts me posted:

It's bad enough we get the "women's revolution" garbage shoved down our throats but now we see Carmella having James Ellsworth on a dog leash, acting like a dog.

It's funny how in a PG era, that is acceptable but there is no way in hell that would fly if the roles were reversed. Let's see how well that would go if someone had Bayley on a leash, treating her like a dog barking on all fours. Yeah, I know Trish did that but that was the attitude era, before SJW cucks warped society.

There is equality for you in 2017. gently caress this planet.

Source: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/2262409-feminisms-effect-wwe-disgusts-me.html

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Maxwell Lord posted:

So is the forum normally that loving regressive or what

Yes. I peek in from time to time to see what kind of terrible posts I can find there. There are a lot. The one I quoted though stuck out because the guy who made it is an unironic Jinder Mahal fan. In every way.

The posters there are incredibly lovely and full of bad opinions, including directing unwarranted hatred towards WWE.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
What's worse than getting a tattoo of your favorite wrestler? This is also not work safe, most likely. A friend sent me this and god loving drat I've seen some fans do some stupid things to show their dedication to their favorite workers, but this one takes the cake.

:nms: THIS :nms:

:stare:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
You know, I wasn't really a fan of the Women's Royal Rumble at first, but this has pushed me to cheer for it. It has pissed off the MRA/Redpiller community something fierce and its amazing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Status update: He's still going. And still mad.

I'm really tempted to just link the source so people can find their own quotes in the place where I found this. Because he's not the only one who is spouting these viewpoints.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

How the gently caress does anybody watch the Wonder Woman movie and take away from it that it was a tits and rear end film? :psyduck:

The thread in question has some of the stupidest loving takes I've seen regarding women's wrestling.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

You can't just say that poo poo in this thread, man, let's see this idiocy!

Have fun, buddy.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/2298033-why-wwe-investing-so-much-into-wominzzzz-revolushion-crap.html

Thread is NSFW I guess.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I decided to do another visit into Wrestleforum to see post Rumble reactions. Lets just say its what you would expect.

Here are just a few choice quotes from the thread:

While that's not exactly overly offensive, the same guy very quickly barrels into outright racism:

Source: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/royal-rumble/2300641-im-sorry-am-i-only-one-annoyed-tonight.html

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 29, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

I find it hard to believe Asuka would hold the title for a year. Are they really are hung up on this non English speaking woman? Interesting how the match between Asuka and Alexa, the audience gave barely a hoot on Asuka winning. Now she's everyone's darling and savor.

I'm starting to believe Asuka thinks this whole thing is real. WWE management doesn't have the heart to tell her it's not real that your winning all the time. Not only dosen't she speak it, probably dosen't understand English either. Watch her with the Miz. She looks at him like he's a pinwheel. Didn't understand how to sell that the Miz was making fun of her. I was laughing at her complete disconnect to what the Miz was saying.

Note: That quote was from an Alexa Bliss superfan who will attack anyone for any slight against Alexa. This includes other Alexa fans.

Have a bonus quote. Another person mad about WOMEN!!!!

You know, the Women's Revolution stuff may just be a WWE PR stunt, but if it makes the alt-right mad, I'm all for it.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 31, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently Stephanie McMahon is a member of the KKK because she's pushing the Women's Revolution as a thing.

I don't get why people want to see intergender matches return. They almost always suck, and they pretty much killed Lucha Underground.

The Women's Revolution is the greatest thing to happen in WWE because it makes MRAs/Redpillers like this guy angry.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 31, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The women's revolution is just as bad as the marches in East Germany apparently. Also THINK OF THE INNOCENT VIEWERS WATCHING THIS.

"It's not hate on women." Uh....pretty sure that post is coming across as misogynist.

But hey, its not just WWE getting this hatred either:

He threatens in another post if WWE keeps this up, he'll go to a REAL PROMOTION like ROH or NJPW, who use women properly.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 31, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Its like a never ending well of bad posts on this site, holy poo poo.

:psyduck:

(English is one of the hardest languages in the world to learn, but don't let that get in the way of good ol fashioned discrimination/racism. :ssh:)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I mean, she does speak English, right? I didn't imagine the times that she did that? Soooo, even outside of the argument being stupid, it's not true.

Yeah, its just (very poorly) veiled discrimination/racism. I've started to notice an overlap between Alexa Bliss fans on other websites and the alt-right/white supremacists/nationalist movements. Because the one common thread that links everything I posted above is they are all Alexa Bliss superfans, and will poo poo on any other worker who isn't Bliss. Through attacks similar to the ones listed above.

Asuka does know English, but it's hard to gauge exactly how solid it is, since she's really good at keeping her personal and professional lives separate.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 31, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Lets move away from the racism and bigotry posts for a bit and see what else they post there.

Oh. Well then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

ShootaBoy posted:

What, has TJP done something lovely or something? I don't bother looking at dirtsheets (or the cruiserweights :v:) so I only ever find out about this poo poo at random times.

He's an MRA, anti net-neutrality for the dumbest reason (he thinks the repeal of it will stop cyber bullying), and he has some really creepy habits he likes to brag about. Like how he loves to save fanfiction people write of him having sex with his female coworkers.