Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Could be worse, could be giving Sheamus the Money in the Bank contract then have him lose pre-show matches for the next five months before he cashes in and becomes the champ, somehow. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, it would be pretty cool if we had the New Day AND a few other black wrestlers who were taken (and portrayed) more seriously at the top of the card.

But people like Booker T don't become World Heavyweight Champion. :order:

And by that, I very obviously mean WCW guys. There's no racism in WWE at all. Just ask my father-in-law, Vince "what's good in the hood, my nigga" McMahon

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

TWFS guys are having a Twitter fight with WhatCulture fans and Botchamania fans and it's all so gloriously pathetic. :allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Still a better idea than the end of Survivor Series, though. :v:

If only Sheamus cashed in against Vacant. That would have been hilarious.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

All the responses are about 1992. :allears:

(Including mine; @WWEVacant is one of my favourite wrestling parody twitter accounts)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Well it is the first time its been defended in the rumble

Are you saying Vacant didn't defend his title? :colbert:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Do sites betting on the outcome of a predetermined match count? Because Paddy Power are offering odds of 150/1 to bet on Wayne Rooney to win the Royal Rumble.

Yes, Wayne Rooney. The soccer player.

Same odds as Donald Trump, which is probably something that Vinny Mac would book if it wouldn't tank the ratings forever.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

We're all assuming that Slammiversary won't be a three hour show of Dixie and Jarrett playing with finger puppets.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Clearly that's why Batista was taken off TV

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtAJqeTpDis

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Courtesy of @fanfiction_txt:

quote:

A/N: Hey guys. My name's TexasBornMind76, and I have decided to test out a weird idea for my first Sonic the Hedgehog fanfic.

We know Sonic and his friends do stuff other than fighting Dr. Eggman (or Dr. Robotnik if you prefer to call him that), they go racing, they fight in Super Smash Bros. They even competed in the Olympics. But this idea has never been attempted before, not by Sega, and not by a fan. They never competed at WrestleMania.

Now I understand not all of you might be fans of the WWE or professional wrestling. That's fine. But there might be those who do. And I want this to appeal to both wrestling fans and Sonic fans.

This section of the story is not the official start of the story, it's just the matches I have set up to my liking. If you don't agree with the card I've assembled, or you don't know the WWE superstar or diva a Sonic characters are wrestling against, feel free to leave reviews below to voice your opinions.

Now here's the Sonic at WrestleMania Match Card:

Kickoff match:

Sasha Banks vs. Rouge the Bat-Divas Singles match

Undercard:

Nikki and Brie Bella vs. Cream the Rabbit and Bayley-Divas Tag Team match

Kalisto (US Champion) vs. Tails the Fox-WWE United States Championship

The New Day (Tag Team Champions) vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. The Babylon Rouges-Triple Threat match-WWE Tag Team Championship

Sticks the Badger vs. Becky Lynch-Divas Singles match

Cesaro vs. Knuckles the Echidna-Last Man Standing Match

Kevin Owens vs. Silver the Hedgehog-Ambulance Match

Chaotix vs. The Dudley Boyz-Tornado Tag Team match

Main card:

Scourge the Hedgehog vs. Dean Ambrose (IC Champion)-Extreme Rules Match-WWE Intercontinental Championship

Charlotte (Divas Champion) vs. Paige vs. Amy Rose-Triple Threat Match-Divas Championship

Shadow the Hedgehog vs. The Undertaker-No Holds Barred

Main Event:

Roman Reigns (WWE Champion) vs. Sonic the Hedgehog-WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Between now and April, I will update this story with match after match, with some WWE Superstars and Divas winning some matches, while some Sonic the Hedgehog characters will win their matches. You just have to hope your favorite wins.

So I'll see you guys soon with the OFFICIAL start of the story and our first match of the show:

Sasha Banks vs. Rouge the Bat

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

wwesucks dude posted:

They should have an unbiased enforcement group and instant replay.the only way to win should be to actually win

It's almost as if the results in professional wrestling are predetermined.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Memento posted:

Oh man a miscarriage angle. That'd be so great I'm literally at a loss for words.

Brie should just move past and heal.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

But TNA could have offered him storylines that he could only dream of in the WWE. Like an undercard feud with… *checks current TNA roster* Mandrews.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Wellllllllllllll…

https://twitter.com/fanfiction_txt/status/704011589578416128

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Aww, Eric, don't you dare be sour!

https://twitter.com/ebischoff/status/704496734408302592

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

His finishers are called the R-Grado and the Get Tae Yer Bed. You're not supposed to take the big guy seriously. :allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

On your knees, (Big) Dog.

https://twitter.com/fanfiction_txt/status/716828304938917889

All hail.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

remusclaw posted:

Maybe this is a stupid opinion in which case it fits in this thread, but I hate ladder matches. They seem custom made to hurt people and if they need to happen at all it should be as part of a feud and not as a way to get 6 extra people into a show. Finally the best wrestlers should never have to do the drat things, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, whatever, none of these guys need a ladder to make people care about their matches and adding a ladder just makes it more likely they will get injured. Leave the gimmicks to the fuckers who need them and let the guys who can make you care about a wrestling match wrestle.

Source your quotes.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Jenny Angel posted:

As far as I can tell the wrestlers that John Cena has been an rear end in a top hat to are Alex Riley and Tyler Reks, so John Cena is incredibly good

Also Ken Anderson, whose sacking was all to do with Cena and nothing to do with the fact he almost put Orton on the shelf due to being a botch magnet.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I too long for the days when the women on the WWE roster can once again have thirty second squash matches.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Isn't the Women's Championship match at Wrestlemania 32 one of the WWE's longest women's matches, period, let alone for the title or at Wrestlemania?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Hey, they have to fit in all the Authority promos somewhere.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I know he's on the payroll, but can we add the fact that Billy Corgan was plugging TNA on InfoWars to this thread?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

It's still real to me, dammit.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

sk posted:

probably not tna management's first choice for things to eliminate

Vince considered leasing the Elimination Chamber concept to TNA, but was concerned that they might take the idea the wrong way.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

coconono posted:

besides the last time we had a generic whiteboy champ, we broke his brain.

Sheamus only looks stupid. :colbert:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

If TNA had any act that sold as much merch as New Day they'd be solvent.

(Side note: I keep forgetting who TNA actually still has on their roster.)

If TNA as a whole moved as much merch as the New Day they'd be solvent.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

To be fair to Russo, at least he never tried to book his children into lovely storylines.

I think, at least.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

He wrote himself off of TNA tv by having his kids beg him in a video to come home and be their daddy again. He used them again to turn himself babyface using the same deal.

I stand corrected (like I'm wearing orthopaedic shoes :itisalawlerjoke:), but that's relatively sane given that Vinnie Mac has been trying to get Steph and Shane to gently caress for the past twenty years. :v:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Isn't Drew Scottish? I'm certainly no expert on the UK but I don't think Scottish people like being called Brits.

Only 45% of them. :v:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

What Sasha lacks in technical ability, she exudes in psychology. See also: Bray Wyatt.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I don't look at dirty pictures because I'm too busy doing sex to all kinds of pretty people and also praying.

Your username and this post makes me wonder if Paul accompanies Brock and Rena to the marital bed.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Not the first ring that Brock destroyed.

:vince:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I foresee a lot of gimmick matches in their future. Including a lot of empty stadium matches. Or as Dixie calls it, a "TNA house show".

All apologies to Mick Foley

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Triple H, meanwhile, gets to be the daddy dom to the entire roster.

"On your knees, dog. All hail."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/JWilliamPope/status/750063125546754048
https://twitter.com/vfm_5411/status/749991742515142656

TinTower fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 5, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/vincemcmahon/status/753035502484348932

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Even if Lesnar gets a Wellness suspension, it'd be expired by SummerSlam.

Also, Reigns is in a pay-per-view main event like, four days after his Wellness suspension expires.